Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411669 Posts in 69397 Topics- by 58452 Members - Latest Member: homina

May 16, 2024, 10:19:02 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralTIGSTWG VII: Annihilation [GAME OVER: HUMANS AND THIEF WIN] - Killville Vol. 8
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 34
Print
Author Topic: TIGSTWG VII: Annihilation [GAME OVER: HUMANS AND THIEF WIN] - Killville Vol. 8  (Read 88820 times)
cyber95
Level 5

The Computer is your friend.

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 14, 2008, 08:39:58 PM »

But Shiny is so obviously a wolf. Can't you tell?

Xion
Pixelhead
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: July 14, 2008, 09:31:09 PM »

These are dark days for the town of Killville Vol. 8. All sorts of dark horrors lurk in the woods surrounding the small, isolated town, hundreds of miles from any city, a haven for rejects and evil. There are, however a few upstanding citizens of Killville Vol. 8, of whom the wealthy Xion was of the most respected. No one knew where his wealth came from, nor did they inquire, but it was his unceasing kindness and philanthropy that earned him the love of the townsfolk.

Unfortunately for the trusting citizens of Killville Vol. 8, they were all too oblivious to the dark secrets Xion was hiding,
until it was too late.

On the 14th of July, as the twelfth toll of the town's clock tower rang out through the midnight darkness, so was a gunshot heard that echoed round the town and into the distant, black forest. The townsfolk made their way outside one by one and there, laying upon the ground with blood pooling around his mortally wounded self, was the town's beloved Xion, grinning – but this was no ordinary smile; it was like the bared teeth of a wild beast, snarling and set below fierce, wild eyes. Xion painfully arose to his feet as the gathering crowd looked on with horror, and let loose a terrible, bloodcurdling howl. In a flash of blood and fur that no one was able to follow, the bloody and injured Xion leapt into the crowd and prepared to devour an unfortunate onlooker. His mouth opened, and opened wide, and wider, and wider. With a gurgle the beast stumbled back and collapsed, a bullet hole cleanly torn through his head, all but severing jaw. The crowd turned to find the source of the bullet, only to spot a shadowy figure dash across the rooftops and vanish into the night.
“The Vigilante!” someone cried out.

And so, the night was done, and with Xion, the werewolf, dead and gone, so, seemingly, was the peace of mind of the townsfolk. If one werewolf could infiltrate their town and gain their trust for so long, then who else among them was unable to be trusted? So began the paranoia of the people. They decided the next morning to take a vote for who among them was deemed untrustworthy – deemed deadly.

This is the tale of those next few terrifying days of terror in Killville Vol. 8.

0. Xion, aristocrat WEREWOLF [Vigilantized, Night -1]
1. hroon, mayor
2. shinygerbil, carpenter
3. Xotes, judge
4. Annabelle Kennedy, jailkeeper
5. increpare, maskmaker
6. Melly, midwife
7. Imaginationac, scientist
8. jstckr, priest
9. Mitchard, barber
10. GeneralValter, gunsmith
11. battlerager, ex-convict
12. cyber95, baker
13. chutup, candlemaker
14. Captain Catton, doctor
15. Garthy, butcher
16. Fartron, town drunk
17. Nitro Crate, ex-convict
18. McAndrews, messenger
19. Cheater, blacksmith
20. Skaldicpoet9, ex-convict
21. Gainsworthy, cobbler

Edit:
Yo, I totally think that map is illegible. Anyone else? Wameeta fixit?

oh yeah, ONE of you didn't get your role 'cause ther're only 20 PMs allowed per hour apparently, and 21 of you. YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE. I'll send it to you when I can.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2008, 09:40:10 PM by Xion » Logged

Garthy
Level 9

Quack, verily

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: July 14, 2008, 10:13:23 PM »

Admittedly Xion had been buying an awful lot of steak from me recently. I had thought the purchases were for his many fine dinners, and naturally, he was buying from the best. It seems these purchases may have been a symptom of something much darker.

I can't help but wonder though, how was our beloved Xion originally injured in the first place? Sure, we seem to have a vigilante in our town who finished Xion off, who would appear to have our best interests at heart. But who attacked Xion in the first place? Since I've heard that werewolves band together, I can't help but wonder if there is perhaps more than one faction at work here. Especially since we are in a town of reasonable size. Or perhaps the vigilante did not finish the job at once, and needed to return.

If someone were to examine our poor departed Xion, would they find any evidence of how he was originally injured? Or will this remain a mystery to us?
William Broom
Level 10

formerly chutup

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 14, 2008, 11:33:14 PM »

Hmm, good thinking, Garthy. A dual-faction game seems fairly likely to me.

This makes me all the more suspicious of fartron, who spends all his time drinking yet still owns a reasonably sized house. How can this be?

increpare
« Reply #44 on: July 15, 2008, 12:08:23 AM »

This makes me all the more suspicious of fartron, who spends all his time drinking yet still owns a reasonably sized house. How can this be?
The townspeople built that house especially for him many years ago, being unable as he was to oversee the construction of a building himself in his state.  It was, I thought, one of our village's greatest acts of charity.

Also: would anybody like to purchase a mask?  (I have many naughty masks).
Garthy
Level 9

Quack, verily

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: July 15, 2008, 12:29:39 AM »

We have very little to go on on the first day. One could say that we have nothing to work on at all.

But I feel that we do.

chutup's mention of profession in defining suspicion lends itself well to a theory. Consider our beloved benefactor Xion. In the original rolecall he displayed his appreciation of both irony and humour. One of our townsfolk declared his name simply, yet his name was displayed prominently by Xion. Our doctor had his title of captain changed to Manbaby, no doubt a name from a far away land. Even our town drunk was disparaged so, where his name far-tron was shifted ever-so-slightly to suggest flatulence instead.

As we all know, the devilishly charming, intelligent, and most importantly influential Xion may have exerted his influence over the town in the placement of the horrors. Could Xion's irony and humour be reflected in the location of these horrors in our very own town?

Consider myself. I am a butcher. I am in a profession dealing with blood and raw flesh. As such, one would and should immediately place a great deal of suspicion on me, and very rightly so. What other profession, apart from undertaking, instantly suggests guilt when faced with the perils of werewolves or other horrors? Irony would suggest that whilst I clean the bloody carcasses of animals (free sausages with every pork purchase today), my hands otherwise remain clean. Humour would manifest in the creation of a situation where the lynching of the most suspicious character reveals them to be innocent of their accusations.

In the face of potential multiple threats, I am forced to ponder where the greatest danger to us may lie.

Which leads me to wonder what the most ironic and amusing placement of the greatest danger to the town would be. As such, I wonder as to the role of a priest. What greater irony is there than for our greatest and deadliest foe to otherwise be a representative of purity? And in terms of humour, we have heard the tales of the depravity of priests in other towns. What more humourous outcome could there be than to confirm these rumours in our very own town by making our priest a representative of evil?

As such, with the little information I have to work on, my suspicion as to the deadliest threat to our town is our priest, jstckr. Not because of anything he may have done, but because of what may have been done to him.
Garthy
Level 9

Quack, verily

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: July 15, 2008, 12:42:32 AM »

And increpare, I must compliment you on the fine work on your beautifully-constructed masks. Alas, I will not purchase one at this stage- for one, the name of our local currency slips my mind. I will, however, offer you a superb piece of my finest roasting beef to encourage your craft.
increpare
« Reply #47 on: July 15, 2008, 12:52:55 AM »

I will, however, offer you a superb piece of my finest roasting beef to encourage your craft.
Good sir, I thank you very much for the offer of the beef.  Indeed, it does look quite sumptuous, so I will take you up on the offer.  And, you may have this, my finest mask of recent times, a rather uncanny (if I might say so myself) duplicate of the visage of our dear departed werewolf-friend, Xion, gratis.
Xotes
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 15, 2008, 12:57:51 AM »

Hm? So, irony is the sole reason why our priest should be the first to suffer an untimely end, mainly because of the profession which he has chosen? No, I do not think it is as simple as that.

Our maskmaker, for instance, would also be an ironic and humourous person to be a wolf. As his job is, of course, to create masks, it would not be unreasonable for a more... subconscious one to slowly take over. He may look the same as he always has, but a well-done mask can fool you into believing it is not fake. Just as Xion had always fooled me into believing he was a human, so great his skill was.

increpare, if I am wrong, please forgive me, for even if I am a judge I still do not feel right about voting without necessary knowledge. I do hope something will come up so that I can retract my statement for someone more suitable.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2008, 01:10:57 AM by Xotes » Logged

“I have brought you T, Master. It took quite a lot of searching on your Galaxy’s non-holographic communications network, but no man is beyond the reach of a Sith.”

Meanwhile, poor Mr. T was left to hang upside down in the middle of the room, informing us that we were both fools, to be pitied.
Garthy
Level 9

Quack, verily

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: July 15, 2008, 01:00:10 AM »

Thankyou for your kind offer, increpare good sir, but I must decline. I fear that the burden of my existing face, strained from many years of work in my chosen craft, is more than enough for me! The additional face will no doubt be too much for me. But please, do continue your fine craft with my blessing.
increpare
« Reply #50 on: July 15, 2008, 01:02:58 AM »

increpare, if I am wrong, please forgive me, for even if I am a judge I still do not feel right about voting without necessary knowledge.
Then why do you do it?  I hadn't figured you to be the reckless, bloodthirsty sort myself.

Thankyou for your kind offer, increpare good sir, but I must decline. I fear that the burden of my existing face, strained from many years of work in my chosen craft, is more than enough for me! The additional face will no doubt be too much for me. But please, do continue your fine craft with my blessing.
No no, really, I insist.  I will have it delivered to your abode this evening; I have to call to Chutup to purchase some candles anyway.
Xotes
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 15, 2008, 01:07:54 AM »

Then why do you do it?  I hadn't figured you to be the reckless, bloodthirsty sort myself.

Well... I have to vote for SOMEONE, don't I? I only do this because I lack any better suspects, and I highly doubt anyone will follow me anyway. Hopefully.

I have changed my mind, and I retract my vote for you. I'll save it for someone who actually needs to be hit by it.

“I have brought you T, Master. It took quite a lot of searching on your Galaxy’s non-holographic communications network, but no man is beyond the reach of a Sith.”

Meanwhile, poor Mr. T was left to hang upside down in the middle of the room, informing us that we were both fools, to be pitied.
Garthy
Level 9

Quack, verily

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: July 15, 2008, 01:44:53 AM »

Ah increpare, good sir, I shall be retiring early this evening and will be unable to see you. My craft is tiring, with many early mornings and I must confess to being completely exhausted! I fear this masks my intent, if you will pardon the saying. Your fine work is surely the talk of the town. But again, with much certainty, I decline your kind offer.

No no, really, I insist.  I will have it delivered to your abode this evening; I have to call to Chutup to purchase some candles anyway.
Valter
Level 10

kekekekeke

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 15, 2008, 03:02:25 AM »

Really, increpare. I think that Garthy has had enough of your silly-speak. I would think that we have more dire things to worry about than our appearance at the moment, anyway. Sometimes, you just gotta move on.
jstckr
Level 7

ilu

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: July 15, 2008, 03:17:27 AM »

Oh, dear god. I pray for Xion's soul as I pray for the well-being of our little town. It is against my beliefs to lift my finger and point towards an evildoer, for I have mercy with his pityful fate.

Garthy, my dear Garty. You should not lose your patience and let your temper take over your mind. It is a time to be wary, let sheer panic not cloud your mind. Your wish to see me be hanged on day one as an act of irony speaks of the vicious cynicism that encompasses your soul. I would wish to see you in church more often, for it will lead you back on the path of leading a righteous life.

Shall you not overcome your desire for irony spectaculaire, so be it. Readily will I face the fate of being killed, for I have nothing to fear.

I pray for you, my little sheep. We will weather through this together.

cyber95
Level 5

The Computer is your friend.

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 15, 2008, 03:46:01 AM »

I am quite suspicious of Mitchard because he saw a show called "Sweeney Todd" the other day, and has been trying to get us to do some business partnerships since then, which considering his recent influences, come off as a bit suspicious.

I'm afraid I must vote for him.

(Translation: I'unno who it is. It's the first day. Seriously, unless eight people reveal their roles again on the first day, I doubt I'm gonna have much information for this lynchvote)
« Last Edit: July 15, 2008, 04:03:08 AM by cyber95 » Logged

Garthy
Level 9

Quack, verily

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: July 15, 2008, 04:04:26 AM »

A dark cloud hangs over our town jstckr. I know you to have been a good man- but I fear a dark force may have gripped your soul, and twisted it to suit its vile ends. If I am right, which I fear I may be, you shall be freed from your torment. If I am wrong, I will no doubt be assisted on the very same path the following day and we shall walk together toward eternity.

My suspicions thus remain with you.
Mitchard
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 15, 2008, 04:09:35 AM »

I am quite suspicious of Mitchard because he saw a show called "Sweeney Todd" the other day, and has been trying to get us to do some business partnerships since then, which considering his recent influences, come off as a bit suspicious.

I'm afraid I must vote for him.

Fool! Where would you be without me?

You take your stylish good looks for granted, but you would be NOTHING without my skilled hands. If I were to go, the town would be awash with stubble and mullets by the time this nightmare ends.

I care not for these hairy wolves.
increpare
« Reply #58 on: July 15, 2008, 04:39:53 AM »

Does anyone else not think that surely Xion's death must be a set up?  He was, surely, such a good person, after all, and we know him to have killed no-one.  On the other hand, we know this vigilante to have murdered one of our most beloved citizens.  That said, we have nothing to go on there either.

Ah increpare, good sir, I shall be retiring early this evening and will be unable to see you. My craft is tiring, with many early mornings and I must confess to being completely exhausted!
That is a shame.  If anybody wishes, at any time, to purchase a mask of any sort, they need but say so.

Quote from: michtard
I care not for these hairy wolves.
Surely you might be able to shed some light on this: did you ever notice that our old dear Xion was especially hairy, or in posession of an unusually coarse pelt?
Gainsworthy
Level 10

BE ATTITUDE FOR GAINS...

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 15, 2008, 05:00:24 AM »

Xion, a wolf? A shame. Had a such a fine taste in shoes. Although he may have set vile machinations into play, he was still a generous fellow. In memorial, all shoes 20-50% OFF STAN-DARD RETAIL PRICE!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 34
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic