Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411664 Posts in 69396 Topics- by 58452 Members - Latest Member: Monkey Nuts

May 16, 2024, 05:32:31 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralTIGSTWG VII: Annihilation [GAME OVER: HUMANS AND THIEF WIN] - Killville Vol. 8
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 34
Print
Author Topic: TIGSTWG VII: Annihilation [GAME OVER: HUMANS AND THIEF WIN] - Killville Vol. 8  (Read 88816 times)
Cheater‽
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: July 15, 2008, 06:12:14 AM »

Xion? Such a shame. He was a good man. Not much of a customer. Anyways, need some weapons for the lynchings? You know where to find them. I'll also make armor for any other human wanting them, though I'm not sure how useful they'll be.
Valter
Level 10

kekekekeke

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 15, 2008, 06:35:38 AM »

Thank you, Cheater. On that note, I am also somewhat of an expert on munitions, and have most of the necessary implements for proper werewolf hunting. If you need anything involving explosions, rest assured that I'm your man.
McAndrews
« Reply #62 on: July 15, 2008, 06:50:22 AM »

Gentlemen...ladies... Gentleman(pulls out Sherlock Holmes pipe) I believe the secret to this mystery will be found in the act that started this devilish play.  The murder of our mayor.  Why would the vigilante want to eliminate our mayor?  Was it because of his werewolf secret?  Or because of something else?  And if the vigilante killed the mayor for being a werewolf, how did he find out?  Personally, I have as much to fear from the "vigilante" as from the werewolves (however many there are left).  Once a man kills, he loses his aversion to the act.  I predict more murders from this vigilante.  But we can know nothing about his motivation until he kills again, or other clues appear.  We must look for patterns in the killings, but we also must beware copy cats.  One of our challenges is to discern the killing between the werewolves, and vigilante.  Who could be another werewolf for all we know.
The other question we must ask is why would a werewolf put himself in such a prominent position in our town?  With more publicity for his life, comes a greater risk of exposure.  What was Xion playing at? These mysteries trouble me greatly gentlemen. (Puffs on pipe while starring wistfully into the fire.)   
hroon
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 15, 2008, 07:33:12 AM »

...The murder of our mayor...

*Clears his throat* Considering the last election, I would think I am still the mayor of our proud town. We can't have this. Our lord Xion himself was a wolf? Are there more in this town? I demand clarity!

I say Cheater and GeneralValter should arm everyone, that they may defend themselves.
Also please put a guard in front of your humble mayor's house, will you.  Gentleman

Xion
Pixelhead
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: July 15, 2008, 07:35:13 AM »

HEY YOU GUYS
I was totally out of it last night and forgot a few little details --

• The Mayor's vote counts as 2 and when he dies another mayor will be chosen at random.
  • Some of you can make items. These items are useful.
  • The way night and day works is this: all the important (mandatory) specials get their actions to me before the day ends, then night will begin.

Is there anything else...? Don't hesitate to ask if I didn't clarify something enough.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2008, 09:06:36 PM by Xion » Logged

FARTRON
Level 4

the last man in space

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: July 15, 2008, 07:47:26 AM »

Dearest departed Xion, a better friend our sleepy town of Killdale has never *hic* had. He had shown his wisdom and his kindness on many an occasion, such as his contridu... contridu... contributions to the building of my beautiful home, and his well known *hic* well known generosity in our beautiful tavern, which I seem to have lost my way to, and found myself here amongst you all.

I have stood here, and been much swayed by the verbiage spewed forth, and by the splitting headache this sickeningly early hour has subjected me to. I admit that I didn't catch everything our long-winded and surprisingly *hic* eloquent butcher said, something about how supsish... suss-pishus he found himself, and I am very interested in continuing this conversation. Perhaps we may retire to the comforting confines of the tavern, and share a round of drinks in poor Xion's memory?

Beer!

Everything that was once directly lived has receded into a representation. - debord
Nitro Crate
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 15, 2008, 07:51:10 AM »

Damn you fartron, all you want is free booze.
And damn these animals, I've always known there was something wrong with the government in this village. *strokes chin*

If one these beasts were in such a high position, could not his allies be amongst his power as well?

I plan to stay away from you official type as much as possible.

Although, I'm betting that these wolves are not our only worry.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2008, 07:54:57 AM by Nitro Crate » Logged
battlerager
Level 10

I resent that statement.

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 15, 2008, 08:08:52 AM »

This is horrible news.

Xion, gunned down by a vigilante?
It wasn't me, that's for sure. There's no way I'd do anything that might get me back into prison, I tell ya.

The vigilante is still around, and there might be more wolves out there.
Shit.

We better do something about this.
McAndrews
« Reply #68 on: July 15, 2008, 08:09:33 AM »

Forgive me hroon, I had no intention to offend you.  I meant to say, our "former mayor". 
Garthy
Level 9

Quack, verily

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: July 15, 2008, 08:10:45 AM »

Good day, virtuous Cheater. On many a warm day I hear you working away at your anvil. In fact, a better blade cannot be found elsewhere, and I should know, as bladework is part of my trade.

You have offered steel to help, but sometimes wisdom is the greater weapon. And that, virtuous Cheat, is what I ask of you. Pray tell, what are your thoughts on this whole tragic affair? What fate do you feel may await our town, and what must we do to avert it?
Mitchard
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 15, 2008, 08:12:11 AM »

Surely you might be able to shed some light on this: did you ever notice that our old dear Xion was especially hairy, or in posession of an unusually coarse pelt?

He had a rather strange abundance of back hair, now that you mention it, but I had just put that down to a healthy metabolism.

I also have to agree with the drunkard though, Mr. Garthy seems to possess the silver tongue a werewolf covering his tracks. His weighted and deliberate words seem like a transparent ploy to garner trust, and who else would be so desperate to build trust than a werewolf?

All I'm saying is that he seems too organized, too planned for someone who knows as little as everyone else.
McAndrews
« Reply #71 on: July 15, 2008, 08:21:11 AM »

Than why do you think you can start laying blame on others at this stage of the game sir?
All I'm saying is that he seems too organized, too planned for someone who knows as little as everyone else.
[/quote]
Let more people speak.  The villains will give themselves away, have faith in that Mitchard.
Mitchard
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 15, 2008, 08:25:53 AM »

I'm merely speculating, not voting.

These werewolves are tricky, hairy, unkempt buggers and I don't intend to be outdone.
McAndrews
« Reply #73 on: July 15, 2008, 08:30:04 AM »

What do you mean outdone sir?  Do you mean done in?  Perhaps.  Or perhaps your statement is a slip, revealing your true nature...As a killer!  Of some sort.  I don't really know.  My vote is cast.  Mitchard  Unless you convince me otherwise.
Garthy
Level 9

Quack, verily

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: July 15, 2008, 08:39:38 AM »

Surely my dear Mitchard, a werewolf with a tongue of silver would be its own worst enemy. One misplaced flick of the tongue and it would all be over.

With a trade such as mine, you are of course right to suspect my motives- but are wrong to accuse. You wield a sharp blade in your trade as well, yet save your sharpest blade in your words to me.

I cannot help but wonder as to the evil we face, and begin to sense the peril I may be in from speaking my fears. I talk of the corruption of one of us, our beloved priest jstckr, and suddenly find myself under the eyes of suspicion from some. My actions concern you, but I must ask why. Are they the poorly-thought words of a frightened fellow villiager, or the desperate attempt to protect a dark ally from discovery?

I fear I shall sleep uneasily this evening.
McAndrews
« Reply #75 on: July 15, 2008, 08:46:41 AM »

Likewise Garthy.  I intend to sleep with one eye open tonight. 
Mitchard
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 15, 2008, 08:59:49 AM »

I mean outwitted, outfoxed!

I assure you,  Mister McAndrews, that as a the villages leading practitioner in hair and hair related services, I abhor the notion of a hairy body. If I were to constantly grow and recede my hair each night I surely wouldn't be able to maintain such a stylish cut.
McAndrews
« Reply #77 on: July 15, 2008, 09:43:20 AM »

Unless your profession lent itself to the controlling of such wild and unruly hair. 
I mean outwitted, outfoxed!

I assure you,  Mister McAndrews, that as a the villages leading practitioner in hair and hair related services, I abhor the notion of a hairy body. If I were to constantly grow and recede my hair each night I surely wouldn't be able to maintain such a stylish cut.
Wouldn't a master of hair and hair related services be the perfect guise to control such a obvious clue as animal like amounts of hair?  I remain unconvinced sir.  Your statement sounds desperate at this point.  Perhaps the desperate cry of a man who used to control, is now slowly losing it? 
imaginationac
Level 2

Makin' games instead of makin' money.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: July 15, 2008, 10:03:06 AM »

This could all be over in day if I could just get a sample of hair from everyone. And if I could figure out how to analyze said hair for...Well I have no idea what to look for. But it'll be there.

Oh, and if we must kill someone, let's kill Mitchard and be done with it.

Youtube channel | Charger! Dev Log

McAndrews
« Reply #79 on: July 15, 2008, 10:11:29 AM »

Damn it man, you just gave the werewolves a reason to kill you!  How could you be so foolish?  You're either the bravest man I've ever met or....You have no reason to fear the wolves, because you are one!  Really I think its because you're suicidally brave.  Or its because everyone already knows the role of the scientist is to do this sort of stuff, because they've played before.  Either way I salute you sir, for stepping up to the plate, and taking action in this dark time. 
And may I speculate, you're looking for the large protein content in the hair, because everyone knows what werewolves feed on...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 34
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic