Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411576 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58444 Members - Latest Member: darkcitien

May 05, 2024, 03:53:31 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallFATALE is out
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: FATALE is out  (Read 5181 times)
esc
Level 3

BAM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2009, 11:10:20 PM »

I don't get what I'm doing on the terrace, I'm supposed to pick up stuff, but it's not working Sad

Michaël Samyn
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2009, 11:36:17 PM »

There's no picking up. FATALE is all about looking, about seeing. Herod looks at Salome and John refuses to look at her. The combination of these two factors leads to John's death. Now you have to do the looking. And perhaps imagine if Salome is right when she says If thou hadst seen me thou hadst loved me.

Tale of Tales now creating Sunset
deathtotheweird
« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2009, 12:40:55 AM »

That's my only gripe with Fatale. It seems like you have to be quite familiar with Salome by Oscar Wilde to enjoy it. I would have been confused had I not already this the tragedy beforehand. I last read it years ago in college but had to refresh my memory days before release. Which proved to be a wise thing to do.

Since Herod had already left, I remember there are only a few things left to do in the tragedy, and one was the Slaves to put out the lights (in the game it felt like Iokanaan's spirit was doing this instead) and had I not known that, it would have taken my a bit longer to figure it out.

Generally speaking, I loved Fatale. The head of Iokanaan is exceptionally well designed (I even took a screenshot and placed it as my background) as well as Salome. The first part really puts a sense of dread in you. Although I feel less like I am playing Iokanaan than an observer seeing through his eyes-because he doesn't know what's going to happen after her dance-but I do. The dancing scene did well to put me into Herod's shoes, as the lightning and atmosphere just begged me to stare at her. The music also drew me into that

I really hope you make more in the future.  Gentleman
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2009, 11:13:58 AM »

That's my only gripe with Fatale. It seems like you have to be quite familiar with Salome by Oscar Wilde to enjoy it. I would have been confused had I not already this the tragedy beforehand. I last read it years ago in college but had to refresh my memory days before release. Which proved to be a wise thing to do.

Since Herod had already left, I remember there are only a few things left to do in the tragedy, and one was the Slaves to put out the lights (in the game it felt like Iokanaan's spirit was doing this instead) and had I not known that, it would have taken my a bit longer to figure it out.

Generally speaking, I loved Fatale. The head of Iokanaan is exceptionally well designed (I even took a screenshot and placed it as my background) as well as Salome. The first part really puts a sense of dread in you. Although I feel less like I am playing Iokanaan than an observer seeing through his eyes-because he doesn't know what's going to happen after her dance-but I do. The dancing scene did well to put me into Herod's shoes, as the lightning and atmosphere just begged me to stare at her. The music also drew me into that

I really hope you make more in the future.  Gentleman

i'm not sure it's a flaw to require familiarity in order to get something -- it's just a choice, one that limits the audience slightly, but still just a design choice. i mean, don't game sequels usually presume familiarity with previous games in the series? an example is the metal gear solid series: the story of the later games makes less sense if you didn't play the earlier games.

anyway, here's my review for playthisthing if anyone wants to read it:

http://playthisthing.com/fatale

jazmeister
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2009, 11:16:33 AM »

Well, I've never read it, so we'll just see how this goes.
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2009, 11:34:43 AM »

Is there a button for mood swings?

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: October 09, 2009, 11:38:20 AM »

john the baptist doesn't have moods, he has GOD

Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2009, 12:48:16 PM »

He should probably see a physician about that.

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
Michaël Samyn
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2009, 04:17:28 PM »

I'm happy to announce that FATALE has been released on Steam now.

And if you have played it and you liked the dance, or if you're simply interested in our animation production process, you can have a look at a video we made about the making of the dance animation segment in FATALE.

Comments welcome, as always.

Tale of Tales now creating Sunset
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic