Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411579 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58445 Members - Latest Member: Mansreign

May 05, 2024, 04:36:10 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsAsterism
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Asterism  (Read 1754 times)
kiwicode
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: July 24, 2015, 03:53:30 AM »

Hey there,

I'm working on a new mobile game called Asterism. Asterism can be considered a sort of Metroidvania with a level based structure on top.

A team of scientists is running an experiment to determine if star patterns can be used as a key to communicate to parallel dimensions. The experiment goes wrong and black holes start growing in our world. This leads to an unexpected danger as it enables aliens from another dimension to appear in our own through black holes. They end up interrupting the lives of Jin and his best friend Coy.

Coy gets kidnapped by the alien beings and taken into their dimension. The team of scientists later find out that Jin is the only one able to travel in and out the parallel dimension due to a special connection he has with his best friend Coy. It's now up to Jin to save his friend and our world ( phew! ). Will the love between Jin and Coy prevail upon everything?

The player will play as Jin and explore his world, traveling between cities and new places in order to find and clear all the black holes. That's where the level based structure comes into action, every time Jin will find and teleport into a black hole the player will face a series of levels to clear with a clever 2D / 3D game mechanic similar to FEZ.

Release date is TBA. I've been working on this game for 6 months now but there's still a long road ahead to completion. Counting to post updates about Asterism on this thread. Looking forward to your feedback - Thanks!
« Last Edit: July 31, 2015, 12:56:21 PM by kiwicode » Logged

Fenrir
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2015, 03:57:28 AM »

I love the visual style, good job!

Christian
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2015, 06:25:43 AM »

For IOS, Android?

Visit Indie Game Enthusiast or follow me @IG_Enthusiast to learn about the best new and upcoming indie games!
kiwicode
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2015, 08:33:17 PM »

Targeting iOS as main platform at the moment. Android and PC port might follow up easily..

Ulydev
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2015, 09:45:31 PM »

Holy !!

That's awesome ! The main idea is great, and the visual style is extremely appealing. Keep up the great work Coffee

May I ask what engine/framework this was made with ?
« Last Edit: July 26, 2015, 10:22:15 PM by Ulydev » Logged
kiwicode
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2015, 07:52:47 AM »

Hey, thanks for the feedback!

Here's the real time day-night cycle in Asterism. In-game time and backgrounds will change according to player's local time. Some shops have different opening time and NPCs will change too. There are no color filters coming into action, we prefer to redraw each background for every phase.

Game is being developed in as3 Smiley

Jasmine
Level 5

Boop

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2015, 10:05:07 AM »

This game is adorable, and the game play seems very interesting. I have yet to play FEZ (lower your guns, people), but this is already looking fun and, dare I say it, a little elaborate for an Ios/mobile game. Then again, I don't play them much.

Anyway, looking forward to development!

ProgramGamer
Administrator
Level 10

aka Mireille

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2015, 10:11:15 AM »

I have to say, the mechanics seem pretty similar to fez Gomez, but as long as you make it so that the select button doesn't actually select menu options as opposed to allowing me to accidentally select the "restart save" option and erase my WHOLE SAVE FILE we'll have no problem. Grin

team_q
Level 10

Divide by everything is fine and nothing is wrong.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2015, 10:49:43 AM »

Looks rad!  Noir following!

Dirty Rectangles

_PRINCE OF ARCADE_
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic