Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411581 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58445 Members - Latest Member: Mansreign

May 05, 2024, 09:07:16 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsSpaceJammers (4P CO-OP ARPG/SHMUP Rogue-Like)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: SpaceJammers (4P CO-OP ARPG/SHMUP Rogue-Like)  (Read 891 times)
dieharders
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: August 06, 2015, 01:55:12 PM »

My game SpaceJammers is on Steam Greenlight as of August 1st!
Help me out by voting yes here: http://spreadshotstudios.com/greenlight.html If you like what you see, leave a comment/feedback. Thanks!

SpaceJammers is a 1-4 multiplayer, Bullet Hell/Top Down Shooter/SHMUP rogue-like.

Watch the Trailer here:

Up to four players can play together on one screen, dodging bullets in slow motion in randomly generated levels. You play as an alien rock band of space pirate kittens who fly around the galaxy in custom starfighters, shooting down and boarding space ships in order to grab loot to fund your musical tour!

Features:

• Top Down Shooting and SHMUP play styles
  • Single screen co-op multiplayer (1-4)
  • Bullet Time
  • Random Level Generation
  • Tons of weapons, items and skills
  • Socket skills with gems to grant unique powers
  • Randomly generated Bosses
  • Keyboard/Mouse and Gamepad Support

Why make this game?

SpaceJammers was created to fill a gap that I feel exists within the top-down rogue-like genre. While I enjoyed "The Binding of Isaac" and similar games, I wanted to be able to play these cooperatively with friends.

I also wanted a game with a more visceral feel as well as arcade elements from games I played in the 90's.
However, I didn't want a game like Diablo which had involved inventory management and large maps. Team members often end up either waiting around for someone to sell their loot or just plain losing sight of one another in such a vast landscape.

I want to keep the experience as clean and tight as possible, so no one is ever waiting around. The whole team should always be moving through the game at the same pace, regardless of experience level or skill.

Who Am I?

I am a solo artist developing my first commercial game. My experience is mostly in 3d environment art using engines like Unreal 3/4. I only started learning to program and do pixel art last year. I made a mobile game, a Flappy Bird clone to practice called FlameyBird before deciding to do a "real" game.

About Current Stage of Development

This is game is currently in the Pre-Alpha stage. Lot's of things have yet to be implemented, and lots of mechanics are still being thought up and being added weekly. Because all the game's mechanics have yet to be implemented, it is local co-op for now. Online functionality will be added for the release.

Controls

Currently, mouse/keyboard and XBox 360 (xinput) controllers are supported. Playstation and bluetooth and other Direct Input controller support is coming in later updates.

Download the Demo Here: http://igs.io/spacejammers

Founder of Spread Shot Studios - Developer of SpaceJammers

Impossible Realms
Level 2

Lurks in Pre-Alpha

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2015, 02:38:10 PM »

Well, I had a lot of fun with this prototype, but I did notice that the game is quite a bit hard (probably intended). Is there eventually going to be leveling up and such? I've notices that in my runs, with only 3 hits I've been dying quite often. Then again, I played the game by myself, so the balance might be quite different in multiplayer. I look forward to the finished release, right now the alpha is quite promising!
dieharders
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2015, 03:46:30 PM »

Yea it's hard. There isn't any dynamic difficulty yet. It's also easier to play with more ppl, but again, dynamic difficulty hasn't been added. Been too busy this week campaigning for Greenlight votes.

And yes there will be leveling. The gems don't do anything right now, I only added them in recently before this Greenlight thing.

Thanks for the feedback!

SvDvorak
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2015, 03:49:02 PM »

Ooooh, looks very interesting. 4 player singlescreen coop does always pique my interest. I'll give it at try during me and my friends next game night.
dieharders
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2015, 04:02:32 PM »

Hey thanks! Just be aware there are various bugs sometimes. Just hit start, then quit, and start game over, sometimes things get stuck.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic