Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411567 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58444 Members - Latest Member: darkcitien

May 04, 2024, 05:11:17 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsPuppet Children (2nd song on pg 10)
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]
Print
Author Topic: Puppet Children (2nd song on pg 10)  (Read 14715 times)
Zack Bell
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #140 on: January 31, 2012, 09:03:52 PM »

An actual update...

TODAY I:
-Finished the layout for the cave levels
-Tiled the rest of the cave levels
-Implemented the background music
-Implemented the object that changes the music when you exit one area and enter another
-Placed a few of the collectables within the caves
-PLAYED A LOT
-Had a few close friends play through all of it

Zack Bell
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #141 on: February 01, 2012, 02:12:39 PM »

Hanging out between my math and programming classes I added as much level design as I could. (And I still have an hour to spare).

I focussed on adding a sense of scale to the world. I wanted the world to seem TALL because you will be traveling from the depths of the deepest cave to above the highest clouds.

Between the sky and caves there is somewhat of a neutral area (the fields). Here there are no obstacles or hazards; only catchy tunes and some pretty blades of grass.

This neutral area is now four screens high from the entrance of the sky levels to the entrace of the cave levels. From there, both the sky and caves are about 4-6 screens high as well.

I also designed it so that you can take a leap of faith from the sky all the way down to caves with ease.  Well, hello there!

Happy Shabby Games
Level 8

msmymo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #142 on: February 01, 2012, 05:15:01 PM »

Quote from: Zack Bell
Between the sky and caves there is somewhat of a neutral area (the fields). Here there are no obstacles or hazards; only catchy tunes and some pretty blades of grass.

Well, hello there!

Zack Bell
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #143 on: February 02, 2012, 09:28:13 AM »

A quick peek at what part of the ruins area MAY look like...

Zack Bell
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #144 on: February 05, 2012, 03:00:42 PM »

I added more music to the game. There is now a title/credits track, a track for the field, and a track for the caves.

I added a gradient to the sky in each room. Each room horizontally, as you travel towards the sky levels has a different sky gradient. I wanted a slow progression of color from room to room. From blue to more of a pink and orange (sunset ish).

Sorry that the progress is slowing down! I've been focussing on school and my programming studies rather than the game because the programming aspects for the game are out of the way already  Sad

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic