Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411613 Posts in 69390 Topics- by 58447 Members - Latest Member: sinsofsven

May 10, 2024, 04:16:24 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallForum IssuesArchived subforums (read only)TutorialsWhat site do you use for programming tutorials?
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: What site do you use for programming tutorials?  (Read 3725 times)
EdenC
Level 0

View Profile
« on: January 09, 2011, 03:49:36 AM »

Hey Guys,

I was wondering what site you use for programming tutorials. Personally, I use the rather good http://www.dev-hq.co.uk/. There are many different languages that this guy does tutorials on, but there is a focus on C++ and Lua. Its great as there are text and video tutorials, so it doesn't matter if you have a preference over using one!

So, what site do you use?
increpare
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2011, 05:25:56 AM »

Welcome to the forums Smiley  First you should introduce yourself.

You'll notice a list that's compiled over on this technical thread.

I don't know if I like that site too much - the colours are hard to read, and the code isn't formatted on at least in the C++ tutorial, there are c tutorials in the python list.  Anyway, if you're finding it good that's cool.  (The OpenGL ones are based on immediate mode, which is technically not valid in the latest versions of OpenGL (though likely to be supported for some time)).
« Last Edit: January 09, 2011, 05:32:41 AM by increpare » Logged
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2011, 10:00:56 AM »

Logic tells me this is a spam post

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
Kren
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2011, 05:35:12 PM »

i don't think its a spam post, well, he is just searching for a better C++ tutotials >_>
ink.inc
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2011, 07:36:41 PM »

Spam post. He's posted this link twice already.
mirosurabu
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2011, 08:33:25 PM »

Yeah, he's posted the same post twice already.
Kren
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2011, 09:17:08 PM »

lets kick his big ass then Angry!
EdenC
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2011, 09:40:08 AM »

Sorry to ruin your fun, but I was just generally wondering what you used for programming tutorials. The only reason I put in the thread linked to me was that I thought it was wanted there aswell (my bad on that part).
So, to get back on topic, what do you use?
EdenC
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2011, 11:45:02 AM »

I don't know if I like that site too much - the colours are hard to read, and the code isn't formatted on at least in the C++ tutorial, there are c tutorials in the python list.  Anyway, if you're finding it good that's cool.  (The OpenGL ones are based on immediate mode, which is technically not valid in the latest versions of OpenGL (though likely to be supported for some time)).

I contact the owner of the site with your problems and he gave me back this e-mail:

"Thanks for your feedback.
I'm sorry for the Win32 lesson in the Python section, I don't quite know how it ended up there - the lesson has been temporarily removed until I get time to write a Python functions lesson.
Also I completely agree that the horrible green code looks disguising, and I don't know why I didn't look into Syntax Highlighting earlier - I've now started incorporating Syntax Highlighting around the site (At the time of writing this I've just completed doing to Lua section)"
increpare
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2011, 12:49:36 PM »

Thanks for passing on the feedback  Smiley Hand Thumbs Up Right

The last tutorials I followed were Alec's unity tutorials on this forum (which was a very successful endeavour).

I know most of the stuff I use right now well enough that I get by fine with google.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic