Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411630 Posts in 69393 Topics- by 58447 Members - Latest Member: sinsofsven

May 12, 2024, 05:27:59 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread
Pages: 1 ... 469 470 [471] 472 473 ... 602
Print
Author Topic: The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread  (Read 1960525 times)
HavokFish
TIGBaby

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9400 on: April 11, 2016, 04:12:13 PM »

Hey everyone! My name is Stuart! - also commonly referred to as Shoe Bert! <--- For those who like to laugh.

I am a Senior game design/art student at the Savannah College of Art and Design and I am also studying art history. My introduction to the videogame industry was in late 2012 when I was given the opportunity to work with some talented minecraft builders. I became to head of the build team and held my position until the server was shut down because of lack of funding. It is a sad reality, because people who did what I was doing are making really good money now. It is a sad thing. However my burning passion for building landed me in the Game Dev department at my school. Now I am about to graduate and have lots of fun ideas for games. It seems these days that games are not as fun as they used to be. I hope to work-in some classic Nintendo ideology of "Play comes First" with the projects that I touch in the future.

Currently I am working on a little, hover car racing game. Inspirations are Wipeout, Star Wars and Star Wars Pod Racing and 80's graphic imaging.
(

)  <--- Early, Early Alpha gameplay.

Games I like -
Borderlands, Borderlands 2, Elder Scrolls III-V, Battlefield, Warframe, Project Cars (and all Racing sims alike) Halo I-III, ODST, Reach. Minecraft, Scrap Mechanics Space Engineers. The Witcher, Tomb Raider (Old and new - Especially new) Assassins Creed II, III (The best 2 in my opinion) (II was great because of the length and learning with Etzio, and III was great because we got new animations for movement.)
I guess you could add GTA to the list too, but I only played them to drive around. I never really liked Rockstar's shooting mechanics.
Maybe, if I had to choose, I would say that my favorite game is a toss between Borderlands I and Risk of Rain. I can run through Borderlands with my eyes closed. I swear, I've played it so many times through. 

I have passions for 3D art, both stylized and photoreal. I have studied many forms of art since I was old enough to synthesize. Nothing has ever been more of an influence to me than art.
Also, I like bicycles. In my free time I paint and build bikes. I have also been known to model, light and render bicycles in 3D. Sometimes I can't help myself.

If you are still interested in knowing more, head on over to my website > http://stu-art.co/ <

See my work and tell me what I did wrong. I always appreciate good critique.

I have passions for 3D art, both stylized and photoreal.
I like bicycles, in my free time, I paint and build bikes. I have also been known to model, light and render bicycles in 3D. Sometimes I can't help myself.
Alternate Craig
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9401 on: April 11, 2016, 04:38:21 PM »

Hi, my name's Ash, I live in Australia.
My current and first proper game, Stateless, began as a coping mechanism for dealing with a (convinced he was) dying relative.
My brother-in-law turned up at my house, homeless and in need of a pretty high level of care, so for the next several months, while helping him put his life back together, we told jokes and played games.

I started writing some of my jokes down, which then turned into game ideas.
Gradually these started to connect with much older ideas I'd had for making games and it began to appear as though, with some practical help, I could actually churn out something decent.

Long story short, my brother-in-law left and I still had a bunch of ideas with no practical skills.

I put all my money into learning Unity, buying assets and hiring freelancers and mentors only to be defeated by its bugginess again and again.
Eventually I managed to get my first demo (prologue) to work, after 16 re-builds.

Now I'm learning UE4 and working on the next level.

I've had to scale back my ambitions a lot but I still want to make a really cool game, one that I love being immersed in.

I plan to greatly improve as a game designer and I hope this forum has some positive impact on that progression.

AdoreGames
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9402 on: April 12, 2016, 02:17:06 AM »

Hello everyone!

My name is Milena Green and I represent a small casual game development team based in London. We're passionate about mobile games and already have some titles in our portfolio. Right now we're working on an endless idle clicker game for iOS and Android called Ninja Dude vs Zombies.
Here's what it's all about;)

This will be our first self-published game, so we need some experience from fellow developers here on TIGsource forums, best practices, and other indie related stuff.  Smiley

You can find more info about the game http://www.slidedb.com/games/ninja-dude-vs-zombies

Thirteen
Level 0

@i_am_thirteen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9403 on: April 12, 2016, 08:51:13 PM »

Hi, guys! I am Thirteen.
I am a graphic design student in Belo Horizonte, Brazil, pixel artist and a illustrator and concept artist in development.
I never really made a game until now, but I think the time has come. I've done a bit of programming, but the plan is to get a programmer and start developping some indie games for my portfolio Wink

mancer
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9404 on: April 14, 2016, 01:09:41 AM »

Hi, I'm Matthew, a games programming student in Scotland who enjoys programming.
I've been programming games as a hobby for around 6 years and am most interested in strategy and metroidvania games.
matheavyk
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9405 on: April 14, 2016, 02:12:00 PM »

Hello! My name is Maciej. I'm game programmer from Poland. I'm making games since I remember (it is like... hmm... 11 years), and I want to make a living from making games. See you in devlog forums in the future Wink

Snowbox
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9406 on: April 14, 2016, 04:07:26 PM »

Hey all,

Currently I'm working at a data center, growing my family at home, buying a house, learning about myself, and making effort to never lose the dream of music. I compose. That's why I'm here. I want to write, and design sound and music for games somewhere, somehow in this life. I'll teach my kids to never do something they hate, and if college isn't in it for them, I'll trust that they know they are friqqin' amazing at something and they can spend their time more effectively staying focused on that. That's another story. One I just told, actually.

Let's do what we dream!
dreamerno56
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #9407 on: April 14, 2016, 09:46:02 PM »

Hi all Dreamer here,
I'm based out of Portland OR and I'm currently working on iOS games. I have a dream of making highly fun, very high quality games for mobile so every step I take is in that direction.
ThirdComma
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9408 on: April 14, 2016, 10:35:27 PM »

Hey everyone,

I am a small, currently one man dev team. Primarily a game designer but a programmer when I need to be, not an artist.

Talk to you all soon!
TDrive
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9409 on: April 14, 2016, 11:27:13 PM »

Hello,

We are TDrive. We are a game developer that create games that cater to both Android and iOS users. We are here to share you some of our works and of course, celebrate our enthusiasm in mobile games.

Together, let's have fun playing mobile games!

Nice to meet you all!
Wisedawn
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9410 on: April 15, 2016, 07:28:59 AM »

Hey all,

I am a CS grad student; I have always wanted to develop games, but my "attempts" in the past have been, at best, mediocre. I was looking at the GDC 2016 presentations the other day when I realized I wanted to see if I can build something interesting or fun. I thought becoming part of a community and contributing would be a good first step and a source of motivation, so see you around!
whackybrew
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9411 on: April 15, 2016, 07:25:42 PM »

Hi everyone, I'm Alistair. I'm an indie dev based in Perth, Australia, and trade as Whacky Brew.

http://www.twitter.com/whackybrew

sschoener
Level 0

I survived 2079.

View Profile
« Reply #9412 on: April 16, 2016, 01:54:34 AM »

Hi there,

I am Sebastian, and I am currently finishing both my first game and my Master's degree in (Theoretical) Computer Science. To avoid any ambiguities in the understanding of that sentence: It is the first game I am actually finishing, but not the first I have worked on. When I am not currently working on my game, I enjoy mathematics (especially when it doesn't involve numbers), reading books (mostly non-fiction; no novels), and practicing my mediocre guitar playing skills in Rocksmith (where my scores are in the top 50 for multiple minigames Smiley ).
cloudgods
Level 0

im j

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9413 on: April 16, 2016, 07:46:35 AM »

Hello! I'm J.

I'm a game art/dev student with a love for narrative and alt games. I've hosted myfirstgamejam, a jam for absolute beginner devs, this past winter and look forward to hosting it again this summer! (and we're definitely looking for more mentors, so check it out!) Our main goal is to diversify games, and I hope to be able to make a more welcoming space for people.

You can see my portfolio here, connect with me @juliatuason (I'd love to hear about your narrative or alt games), or check out my current game project.

Let's work hard and make cool games!
« Last Edit: April 16, 2016, 08:11:21 AM by cloudgods » Logged

Sentionaut
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9414 on: April 16, 2016, 09:09:05 AM »

Hi!

My name is Samuel, and I'm a 2D and 3D game artist from Spain. I've studied Fine Arts and a Digital Art and Videogames Master Degree.

I've been doing stuff since I was 16 (using Game Maker), but my most relevant projects have been The Pawn and Etherborn.

The first one was my final project at university, a pixel-art platformer entirely made by me, except for the music, which was made by the maestro Javier Mas (a wonderful musician that has even played with Leonard Cohen, so I consider myself very lucky for having his help). Have in mind that it was a university project and my mother tongue is not English, so it has some typos and grammar errors, and the level design could be improved with more time. But hey, the music is cool  Hand Thumbs Up Left

Currently I'm working with some friends on Etherborn. It's a 3D platformer, puzzle and exploration game where your gravity adapts to the orientation of the ground your standing on. We started it as a master degree project more than one year ago, but we have learned a lot since then, and right now we're polishing a vertical slice in order to continue it as a commercial game.

My Twitter: @Alprazolaman

I'll talk more about Etherborn as soon as I can ^_^
« Last Edit: April 16, 2016, 09:14:06 AM by Sentionaut » Logged

Reign
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9415 on: April 16, 2016, 08:55:31 PM »

I generally hate doing these things because I never know what is too much or not enough information. In my day job, I am a business consultant that works with indie game companies and startups in a few other verticals. I am a novice developer but I'm taking time to learn new and different things. I host a podcast once a week. I have a few projects in various stages of development. I have worked with a few indie game studios on successful Kickstarter campaigns and am always willing to answer a few questions if asked. All I ask is that you respect my time.

If you want to know anything else, just ask.
neutonm
Level 0

Elusive Slacker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9416 on: April 17, 2016, 12:58:54 AM »

Although i wrote here few posts i didn't notice this thread.
Prepare your butts as this is gonna be not-so-short hello Smiley

My name's Henrik.

My gaming experience began when i was 5 years old. Back then i got NES and played all the classics like Super Mario, Contra, Duck Hunt, Battle Toads, Batman, Darkwing Duck etc. Don't know about now but then i was fascinated with it, including graphics. Then Pentium arrived and i've got introduced to such games as Warcraft 2, Starcraft, HOMM 2/3, Duke Nukem 3D and others. I remember when Half-Life was lagging on my computer, boy that's strange to hear today... There was a year something like 2000 and stores used to sell pirated discs full of games. There were several packs like "Best 200 games" in one CD which included games of all 90s decade - played em all. Sometimes, i visited my friend who had this strange contraption called 3DO and games there were better looking - the most prominent game i played on 3DO was the Gex. Apart from that, me and my friends used to attend places which we called a "club" - clubs had several playstations and offered clients a playtime for some amount of buck. Good'ole times Smiley

My favorite games comes from the complex genres. RTS, TBS, RPGs and shooters(not a complex tho). Favorite games are HOMM 3, Might and Magic 7/8, XCOM series and Zork: Grand Inquisitor. These games were replayed like million times. There are tonz of other favs but these one came out the mind first.

About indie scene... well, I've played and liked all Johan Peitz games - happyland adventures brought some happiness after all Smiley. There was a game by a Finnish developer called Pekka Kana 2, it still looks fabulous!

Game Development
In a month it will be 12 years since i started doing something towards game development. It all started from various map editors. I've spent some time on Hammer Editor doing cubic levels heh. And there was it, the great starting kit - Game Maker 5.1. The first day was quite a rainy and dull but still there was so much excitement and boldness. I've played with game maker, made some crappy games until the version 8.1. I've learned the program for good. I had some another project and i wasn't happy about its performance and limitation to some features. Besides, it was time to move further so i dropped game maker and went studying "real programming". C++ was the choice.

Well folks, that choice resulted rather difficult path. This programming is sure is heck of an ocean but i managed to master it to some level with a cost of some years. Two years ago i started a project which drowned in memory leaks and i realized proper architecture is essential in development. It was also a time when i decided to take game development path for real, to switch this from hobby into life's path. Now, there's project for which i basically dedicated myself and it's almost done.

Apart from programming i tried to cover all the elements of game development. The first mastered element is music, so i can say i came from musician's path. The last is drawing. Hope that one day all the elements will be mastered at once.

The thing i love about game development is complexity of this art. I enjoy drawing, programming, making sounds, writing stories/GDDs and other related stuff. Sort of passionate loner. Alas, i think the day will come when i would require a team but not yet...

Gonna post about the project soon!
Cheers Gentleman

2mass
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9417 on: April 17, 2016, 08:39:39 AM »

Hello,

I'm Thomas. I've been making games on/off since 82' or so, I began as a kid, but mostly by writing off code from magazines for my Sinclair ZX81. Then it was the C=64 where I toyed with things like Shoot Em Up Construction Kit, later the the demo scene, then Amiga where I toyed a bit with sound and music, as well as DeLuxe Paint and so on, if anyone remember that.. And finally PC where I began to make Flash games back when it was hot and new. This got me into music and composition for real, as I needed music for my flash sites and games. So I have made music for some 15 years now and have had that as a main focus - whilst still making small games on the side for fun and a few retail purposes.

I'm currently working on my first game for steam greenlight. It's a small strategy game for Windows that I might port to Android and iOS as well. It's 89.4% done. I look forward to reading and engaging in this forum, it seems that all my interests are gathered here. I use Unity, Blender and the notorious Game Maker Studio, btw. The last one reminds me of Flash and Actionscript.

Cheers!  Gentleman

readyplaygames
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9418 on: April 17, 2016, 02:31:22 PM »

Hi! I was told this was a great place to post my developers log and learn from everyone. Nice to meet you!
JerD
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9419 on: April 18, 2016, 09:43:48 AM »

Hey I'm Jer, I recently went back to college to do a masters in game-related programming after working as a developer for a little bit and now I'm in the real world again, working for a small games company and making bits and pieces in my free time.
Pages: 1 ... 469 470 [471] 472 473 ... 602
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic