Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411637 Posts in 69394 Topics- by 58448 Members - Latest Member: Danque_Birbington_II

May 14, 2024, 04:27:25 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsMoonQuest
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 189
Print
Author Topic: MoonQuest  (Read 1326579 times)
eigenbom
Level 10

@eigenbom

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1020 on: September 18, 2012, 12:37:16 AM »

@eigen Giggle i've never met someone with that name, are you dutch or german? i'm aussie and just stole it from my online alias eigenbom, which i adapted from the word eigenvalue.. i promise i won't tarnish your good name. Well, hello there!

You better not! Cheesy Neither actually, I'm Estonian. To my knoweldge, not one person shares my name, and there's 1.3 million of us around here. My father gave this name to me. I'm not entirely sure of its backstory, but he got it during his serve in the Soviet army.

Oh, and house on legs must be done. We have voted with our keyboards. Hand Any Key

Haha, well it must be fun to have such a unique name!

Also ... houselegs are harrrddddd...  Cry

Shackhal
Level 9

Like a child with toys

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1021 on: September 18, 2012, 12:42:18 AM »

experimenting with logo and splash for my company..

Impressive Shocked

It would be better with some sounds like: "ti-ta-ti-ta-tu-kuiinnnn"
« Last Edit: September 18, 2012, 12:47:54 AM by Shackhal » Logged

Thecoolestnerdguy
Level 2

while(!succeed) try();

View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: September 18, 2012, 02:57:18 AM »

Very impressive!

@eigen Giggle i've never met someone with that name, are you dutch or german? i'm aussie and just stole it from my online alias eigenbom, which i adapted from the word eigenvalue.. i promise i won't tarnish your good name. Well, hello there!

You better not! Cheesy Neither actually, I'm Estonian. To my knoweldge, not one person shares my name, and there's 1.3 million of us around here. My father gave this name to me. I'm not entirely sure of its backstory, but he got it during his serve in the Soviet army.

Sorry by low european knowledge, but I didn't knew that a country called Estonia does exist. And through you, now I know:

"Estonia i/ɨsˈtoʊniə/ (Estonian: Eesti), officially the Republic of Estonia (Estonian: Eesti Vabariik), is a state in the Baltic region of Northern Europe. It is bordered to the north by the Gulf of Finland, to the west by the Baltic Sea, to the south by Latvia (343 km), and to the east by Lake Peipus and the Russian Federation (338.6 km).[9] Across the Baltic Sea lies Sweden in the west and Finland in the north. The territory of Estonia covers 45,227 km2 (17,462 sq mi), and is influenced by a temperate seasonal climate. The Estonians are a Finnic people, and the official language, Estonian, is closely related to Finnish."

That's a silly coincidence, I have to confess.

P.S:
Please Eigen, post something in Estonian!

Oh, and house on legs must be done. We have voted with our keyboards. Hand Any Key

Also ... houselegs are harrrddddd...  Cry

Ha ha. Yes, we voted with our keyboards, find a way to make it.

Impressive Shocked

It would be better with some sounds like: "ti-ta-ti-ta-tu-kuiinnnn"

I think it would be better with "ti-ta-ti-ta-tu-kuiinnnn" too. Onomatopoeias are so silly anyway.

Sad minecraft didnt copyright squares
SolarLune
Level 10

It's been eons

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1023 on: September 18, 2012, 09:20:18 AM »

Very smooth and stylish logo. Reminds me of some of the logos of the 80's from TV, I think. Very slick. And yeah, some musical sounds for each letter appearing and the tilt would really be cool.

Eigen
Level 10

Brobdingnagian ding dong

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1024 on: September 18, 2012, 10:18:11 AM »

Thecoolestnerdguy, now you know. You learn something new every day. Oh, related to Estonia and game development: GameFounders (gaming startup accelerator). I'm actually taking part but not with my own project. I'll be writing an iOS port of a social board game. Too bad I couldn't be there this morning, I would've really liked to meet Ian Livingstone. Oh well. And finally, to be done with de-railing this nice topic, here's something in Estonian: Tere! Üks õlu, palun. Kuhu poole jääb tualett? (Hi. One beer, please. Which way is the toilet?)
« Last Edit: September 18, 2012, 10:28:42 AM by Eigen » Logged

Pixelulsar
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1025 on: September 18, 2012, 11:35:11 AM »

I like the logo/into/thing, it's cool.  Also sounds would be nice, so basically what everyone else said. 

I'm looking forward to all the possibilities that there will be if you decide to go with Box2D.  (Or make your own thing.)

kleiba
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: September 18, 2012, 05:26:11 PM »

thx cdb!

By the way, in case anyone cares for some language trivia: "eigen" in German means "own" (the adjective, not the verb). It's not a name - certainly not a first name, but also typically not a last name.
Thecoolestnerdguy
Level 2

while(!succeed) try();

View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: September 19, 2012, 02:06:18 AM »

Thecoolestnerdguy, now you know. You learn something new every day.

Jah, võibolla see teave on oluline ...

Oh well. And finally, to be done with de-railing this nice topic, here's something in Estonian: Tere! Üks õlu, palun. Kuhu poole jääb tualett? (Hi. One beer, please. Which way is the toilet?)

Estonian on väga ... huvitav
Tegelikult ma leidsin selle kummaline. Kuid iga mitte-ladina seotud sõnadest kostub kummaline minu jaoks. (in english: Google translate is very helpful these times).

thx cdb!

By the way, in case anyone cares for some language trivia: "eigen" in German means "own" (the adjective, not the verb). It's not a name - certainly not a first name, but also typically not a last name.
Ha ha, another funny coincidence.Eigen, your name is definitely special!

One language coincidence that I notice every time someone talks about a macbook pro: the acronym for macbook pro, MBP, with some letters reversed is the acronym for Popular Brazillian music (MPB), in portuguese Música Popular Brasileira. (in portuguese the subject goes before the adjective, so we don't say blue car, we say car blue [in portuguese: carro azul]).

I like the logo/into/thing, it's cool.  Also sounds would be nice, so basically what everyone else said.  

I'm looking forward to all the possibilities that there will be if you decide to go with Box2D.  (Or make your own thing.)

I don't know much of game development, but wouldn't be one thousand times easier to use box2 than program your own physics?
« Last Edit: September 19, 2012, 02:30:33 AM by Thecoolestnerdguy » Logged

nikki
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: September 19, 2012, 02:51:17 AM »

yeah in Dutch eigenbom means something like ownBomb

as in 'Wil je je eigen bom gebruiken of wil je de mijne?'
'Do you want to use your own bomb or do you wnat to use mine?'
anyway :

slick looking intro, I notice you are one of those persons that is a programmer but  also actually have esthetics. very great.
eigenbom
Level 10

@eigenbom

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1029 on: September 19, 2012, 07:47:07 PM »

great discussion on language Smiley @nikki thanx for the translation!

Thecoolestnerdguy
Level 2

while(!succeed) try();

View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: September 20, 2012, 04:37:52 AM »

great discussion on language Smiley @nikki thanx for the translation!

Talking about translation, would be a honor to me, and I think that to everyone else too, translate the game to their mother language, if you permit.  Beg

eigenbom
Level 10

@eigenbom

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1031 on: September 20, 2012, 04:40:52 AM »

Oo thx for the offer, I'll keep it in mind! Although I'm trying to keep the text to a minimum ..

Thecoolestnerdguy
Level 2

while(!succeed) try();

View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: September 20, 2012, 06:04:17 AM »

Oo thx for the offer, I'll keep it in mind! Although I'm trying to keep the text to a minimum ..

Yeah, but, you know, on that kind of sandbox game there are a LOT of items.
But translate item names is a lot faster and easier than dialogues and that kind of stuff.

I could swear that MM would have a history, because you said somewhere, a lot of pages ago, that the main mode of the game would be a mode were you have objectives, to dominate castles, that kind of stuff, if I'm not wrong, and that the world on that mode would not be infinite. Or you said that could be custom maps like that?... I don't remember exactly, but I remember you saying something like that...

Oh, and of course, there is the UI to be translated too...
One thing is sure: would be VERY fun to make something like translating a game.

eigenbom
Level 10

@eigenbom

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1033 on: September 20, 2012, 10:06:17 PM »

yeh you're right, i didn't think of all the items ...

bouncier eigen spin?

kleiba
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: September 20, 2012, 11:41:57 PM »

bouncier eigen spin?

A bit too hectic for my taste. Perhaps less is more here?
eigenbom
Level 10

@eigenbom

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1035 on: September 20, 2012, 11:58:48 PM »

yeh its a bit spazzy init?

Thecoolestnerdguy
Level 2

while(!succeed) try();

View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: September 21, 2012, 01:18:01 AM »

bouncier eigen spin?

I sincerely prefer the old one.

Eigen
Level 10

Brobdingnagian ding dong

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1037 on: September 21, 2012, 01:28:16 AM »

I also prefer the previous one. This new motion looks strange, almost mechanic. If you want to keep it, you should repeat the shake effect at least 3 times, decereasing the tilt each time (the last one should be barely noticable), so it would look like it's shaking into place. It would look more natural, I think.

eigenbom
Level 10

@eigenbom

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1038 on: September 22, 2012, 08:52:23 PM »

Couldn't get a cheap eigen url, so the company name is now eigenmode and lives here: eigenmode.net. $10/yr sure beats $90/yr which is what I'm paying for moonman.io and bp.io each. Might eventually shift moonman to this domain to save a few bucks. New logo will be something like this:

Quarry
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: September 22, 2012, 09:30:29 PM »

Eigenmode engaged
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 189
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic