Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411616 Posts in 69390 Topics- by 58447 Members - Latest Member: sinsofsven

May 10, 2024, 06:58:46 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitions[FF] Salem 1692
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: [FF] Salem 1692  (Read 1806 times)
eclectocrat
Level 5

Most of your personality is unconscious.

View Profile
« on: October 10, 2011, 01:57:55 AM »

A low res shooter escape game based around the Salem Witch Panic of 1692. I'll incorporate various occult and/or Lovecraftian references for thematic impact.

Basically you're an innocent young woman who is running for her life through a randomly generated forest. You're being chased by maddened townsfolk. Along the way you encounter occult teachers and books and slowly turn into a real witch, eventually getting revenge or some such crap.

I'm taking this opportunity to refactor my world generation algorithm and various other bits of code in my main project. The theme is just too much fun to ignore.

I make Mysterious Castle, a Tactics-Roguelike
Del_Duio
Level 2

Supreme Omelettelord

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2011, 10:50:55 AM »

Cool idea, make sure to name the chick Sarah.

DXF Games: Just a Cleric, Equin- The Lantern, Hasslevania, ODW, Neil Peart- Mission: The Camera Eye and more http://dxfgames.com
ignaciobalbuena
Level 0

Score!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2011, 10:19:53 AM »

Hi! are you doing everything by yourself? I'd love to collaborate somehow, although, yeah, I'm new in this forum and I don't have any experiences in making games. But I think I would be able to provide sound fx, music, or even perhaps some graphics, if you are willing to trust a noob in pixel art.

Here's a bit of the music I make in ableton live (not really videogame related or chiptunish at all, but I've been experimenting with synths and 8 bit plugins here and there)

soundcloud.com/discocainebeats

edit! I just saw the devlog for your game, Mysterious Castle, and the music and art is great! I don't think I could be of much help here, but well
« Last Edit: October 24, 2011, 10:25:36 AM by ignaciobalbuena » Logged

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic