Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411613 Posts in 69390 Topics- by 58447 Members - Latest Member: sinsofsven

May 10, 2024, 01:28:18 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitions[FF] The Babysitter
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: [FF] The Babysitter  (Read 1757 times)
grahamroberts
Level 0

View Profile
« on: October 25, 2011, 05:04:34 AM »

Well, I only heard about this competition this week, and I'm busy at the weekend, so I hope to have it finished by Friday. By the way, I think one reason for so few entries may be that this was only mentioned on the forums rather than on the main www.tigsource.com, which I check most days.

Anyhow, my game is going to be a very short (maybe 10 minutes max) multi-choice adventure, with very limited photo graphics and a fair bit of sound.

You've been asked to babysit on Halloween, there's a phone to call pizza/police/parents and obviously a killer on the loose.

You'll also keep nodding off (when you are vulnerable and can't make any choices),
but can be awoken by the phone ringing or the baby crying.

I'm not quite sure about how you win, I suppose by staying alive til the parents get back.

From a time and coding point of view I think I'm going to write this in Unity and put all of my code in one class. There needs to be a fair bit of logic in the 'engine'.

eg, you can only have an option to unlock the door if it is already locked.
The pizza man will only phone you up to check your order if you've already picked the order pizza option.
There will also be a random element as to what options are available, when the killer phones/arrives and how often you fall asleep.

Cheers....
« Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 05:21:45 AM by grahamroberts » Logged
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic