Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411709 Posts in 69403 Topics- by 58457 Members - Latest Member: FezzikTheGiant

May 20, 2024, 04:46:26 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallPay what you want sale.
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Pay what you want sale.  (Read 1990 times)
charlie
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« on: September 01, 2010, 06:30:22 AM »

Hi all,

I'm running a pay what you want sale until Sunday, well sort of anyway. There's a minimum of $1 to cover fees and stuff. Basically, for your donation you'll receive at least 2 games, Irukandji and Bullet Candy Perfect. For anyone kind enough to donate $12 i throw a pre-order of Scoregasm in too.

I'm trying to raise a few buckaroos to finish Scoregasm, and pay license fees etc. I'm actually writing games for a living now, and it can get pretty scary sometimes!  Shocked

Here's the link: http://www.charliesgames.com/wordpress/?p=307

If you need any further persuasion on the two games on offer, Destructoid thought Irukandji was one of the better releases of last year, and Indie Game Magazine like Bullet Candy Perfect enough to give it a 93% score. Plus, you get Mac, Windows and Linux versions of each game, and you can choose to send the games as a gift if you so wish.

Sorry if this is a bit spammy. Communication is easily the most difficult part of being an indie developer.  Embarrassed

Cheers
Charlie

Check out my games: http://www.charliesgames.com
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2010, 06:52:48 AM »

it's not really spam but probably should go in 'announcements' not 'indie games'

good luck with the sale

charlie
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2010, 07:14:01 AM »

it's not really spam but probably should go in 'announcements' not 'indie games'

good luck with the sale

Ah, ok. Perhaps a moderator could move it!

Cheers
Charlie

KM
Level 9

KM "Shilling for CASH!"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2010, 10:33:25 AM »

I'd put up some pics of what you're selling in this forum post to attract clicks to your site. I would be more inclined to click if I knew what I may be buying before I click. If it looks like something I may like right off the bat, I may be more inclined to at least check it out in more detail. A word just doesn't have the impact of a good image.

Eraser
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2010, 10:41:54 AM »

I already bought bullet candy perfect, but perhaps I'll buy it again with irukandji Wink Erg, I love that game.

Scoregasm doesn't look extremely appealing to me yet, but we'll see what happens.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2010, 05:38:39 PM by MindEraser » Logged
AuthenticKaizen
Freeware Ninja
Level 10

*Prestige Worldwide*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2010, 11:06:45 AM »

I highly recommended these games!  Smiley

PixelProspector.com - the indie goldmine + Marketing Guide for Indie Game Developers             
“Knowing is not enough, you must apply; willing is not enough, you must do.” (Bruce Lee)
KM
Level 9

KM "Shilling for CASH!"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2010, 11:24:21 AM »

Kaizen: Do you have links to them on Pixel Prospector?

AuthenticKaizen
Freeware Ninja
Level 10

*Prestige Worldwide*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2010, 11:40:34 AM »

Kaizen: Do you have links to them on Pixel Prospector?
No, because these are commercial indie games and PP's focus is on free indie games.
However i'm currently working on something big that will include these two games (and much more)
Anyways...charlie recorded gameplay footage of both games.

Irukandji

Bullet Candy Perfect

PixelProspector.com - the indie goldmine + Marketing Guide for Indie Game Developers             
“Knowing is not enough, you must apply; willing is not enough, you must do.” (Bruce Lee)
KM
Level 9

KM "Shilling for CASH!"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2010, 12:15:46 PM »

Sorry, didn't know PP was for free games only. I thought it was just indie games in general. My fault, I should really be more observant. >_>

Also...

Pretty colours...  Addicted

charlie
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2010, 01:50:50 PM »

Oops, yeah, i probably should have put up some pics. Looks like AuthenticKaizen has done it for me, thanks Smiley

the games look like that ^ and look even better in motion!

Cheers
Charlie

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic