Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411711 Posts in 69402 Topics- by 58456 Members - Latest Member: FezzikTheGiant

May 20, 2024, 11:56:01 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallTrajectory, an artillery game with a twist
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Trajectory, an artillery game with a twist  (Read 1136 times)
Netsu
Level 10

proficient at just chillin'

View Profile WWW
« on: September 03, 2010, 02:55:23 AM »

OFFICIAL SITE OF THE GAME

This is a copypasta of the promotional text:

A fast-paced, two-player, ballistic space ballet, Trajectory is a new take on the Scorched Earth idea.
Unlike the classic artillery games, Trajectory is in realtime, baby. You must spam your enemy with well placed shots and at the same time defend yourself from incoming barrage using flares.
But the real difference lies in the fact that the fight takes place in space. Gravity no longer pulls your projectiles just downward, they are pulled in the direction of two planets, and each player orbits around one of them. This is some heavy Newtonian tactics to keep track of!!
Are you skilled enough to be able to shoot at the enemy even from behind your planet, curving the trajectory of your projectiles with the gravitational force of both celestial bodies?

Default controls:
  • blue player aiming – Q, A
  • blue player mine – D (hold to charge, release to fire)
  • blue player flare – F (hit a mine with a flare to detonate it before it reaches you)
  • red player aiming – Num_7, Num_4
  • red player mine – Num_5
  • red player flare – Num_6
  • zoom/unzoom – mouse scroll (looks quite awesome)

The objective of the game is to hit the opposing player with your mines 10 times, thus bringing his shield level to 0.
You could play with a friend on one keyboard, or against an AI.

Trajectory 1.1 for Windows
Trajectory 1.1 for Linux

Download the package, unpack it and run the ‘trajectory’ executable. If you have some problems after changing the resolution/fullscreen options, remove the ‘conf’ file and restart the game.

Tip: You can, and should, use flares to defend yourself from incoming barrage. Try to time your mines properly so that they close up on your enemy from both sides at the same moment, this way he won’t be able to shoot them all down with his flares.

If you have anything to say about the game, please comment. Even if you didn't download it, you could tell me why and what would make you download Wink
« Last Edit: September 04, 2010, 09:42:46 AM by Netsu » Logged

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic