Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411592 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58444 Members - Latest Member: FightingFoxGame

May 07, 2024, 07:20:13 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperBusinessIndievania?
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Indievania?  (Read 2535 times)
IndieEmma
Level 2

View Profile
« on: September 29, 2012, 04:15:09 AM »

Is it a good place to sell your games?
« Last Edit: September 29, 2012, 06:37:15 AM by indietom » Logged
RudyTheDev
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2012, 05:54:00 AM »

You mean Indievania. Durr...?

K1lo
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2012, 08:13:09 AM »

I hadn't even heard of them up until I read this. What's their angle if they don't charge commission on each sale?

RudyTheDev
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2012, 10:30:44 AM »

I hadn't even heard of them up until I read this. What's their angle if they don't charge commission on each sale?

To support indie devs I presume. They used to charge 9% before going to 0%.

Oddball
Level 10

David Williamson

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2012, 12:40:49 PM »

Depends what you mean by 'a good place to sell games'. I've never had any problems with them, but I don't use it as my main distribution outlet.

IndieEmma
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2012, 12:58:29 PM »

Depends what you mean by 'a good place to sell games'. I've never had any problems with them, but I don't use it as my main distribution outlet.

What I mean with good place to sell is; does it have many users, is it easy to sell?
Oddball
Level 10

David Williamson

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2012, 02:34:08 AM »

Indievania won't promote your game for you if that's what you are asking. They list your game and process payments for you. If you don't push traffic to your games page then you won't likely sell a lot there.

FemtoKitten
Level 0

Everyone deserves a cuddle or two!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2012, 03:47:15 PM »

What I mean with good place to sell is; does it have many users, is it easy to sell?

They don't promote you, and they don't have many regular customers. It's best if you do the footwork with it yourself (e.g offering customers on your website as using it as an alternative payment method). It also looks good for other digital distribution sites if you state that 'my game got onto Indievania'.

Lonely Girl in Denver, I like making  games that require thought (Puzzles, 4Xs, Strategy, Turn-Based board games). Currently working on a Cute Collectible Card Game for Console and Mobile devices
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic