Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411621 Posts in 69391 Topics- by 58447 Members - Latest Member: sinsofsven

May 11, 2024, 12:20:58 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhall"AOOFAD/Au Sable" Now Done!
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 19
Print
Author Topic: "AOOFAD/Au Sable" Now Done!  (Read 179202 times)
Nohbdy
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #280 on: October 29, 2009, 07:46:49 PM »

Oh, FYI: There are 2 ways to end it

Found the alternate endi--oh, wait...

My Word!

Oh noes!  On the upside, you can't get hit but where's the fun in that?

Is there really an alternate ending?
Amon26
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #281 on: October 29, 2009, 08:45:26 PM »

Oh, FYI: There are 2 ways to end it

Found the alternate endi--oh, wait...

My Word!

Oh noes!  On the upside, you can't get hit but where's the fun in that?

Is there really an alternate ending?

Ohh noo! hahahaha!  This is not an alternate ending.  Added to my fixit list
Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #282 on: October 30, 2009, 08:32:35 AM »

I wrote a short review of this game. Posting it later today.

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
wourme
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #283 on: October 30, 2009, 05:12:14 PM »

Great work on this. I never got very far in the first game, but I just played Au Sable through and liked it a lot.
Amon26
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #284 on: November 02, 2009, 06:12:47 PM »

Patched most the problems people have been informing me of, Im also adding a "hard mode" to provide people a little more interest in a 2nd playthrough.

version 1.2 will be available tomorow or weds if nothing explodes or goes crazy.

glad everyone's seemed to enjoy it so much.
increpare
« Reply #285 on: November 02, 2009, 06:15:03 PM »

ooh I'll wait for the newer version before trying again; last I tried was a semi-playable beta.  Looking forward to it...
Amon26
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #286 on: November 04, 2009, 07:32:04 PM »

The first patch!
I tried fixing everything people have been kind enough to point out so far.  I had to put off my "hard mode" idea unfortunatley.  But there's a good reason for that I'll let you have a peek at soon.  Also, this new version comes with a nice hi-def .png image to print off and use as a CD cover if they're giving it to a friend and wana do it in style.  Or use it as a wallpaper, or whatever you please.

clicky AuSable v.1.2!!
http://willhostforfood.com/?Action=download&fileid=93129

enjoy!  Gentleman
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #287 on: November 05, 2009, 01:32:31 PM »

reviewed this game for the frontpage too

http://tigsource.com/articles/2009/11/05/au-sable

Kramlack
« Reply #288 on: November 05, 2009, 06:08:35 PM »

Amon26, I'm going to stalk you and make love to you...  Who, Me?

This is one of the best games I've played in a loooooong time. But then again, I have a fetish for dark atmospheric games, so I'm probably biased. My only gripe is the lack of a save system (in case I wanted to save some for later haha) and that it wasn't longer. Also, I regret not knowing about this game sooner.
The-Imp
« Reply #289 on: November 05, 2009, 06:27:27 PM »

I'm to much of a pussy to continue past the beggining... That one part in the beggining with the thing and the...

Epileptic
Alevice
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #290 on: November 05, 2009, 08:59:16 PM »

I just played it. The first betas you released made me feel it wouldn't live up to its brother. But hell, this new version proved me totally worng. The narrative is slightly tighter this time, with great results. You can feel a sort of story being told, and yet still feel trapped in this foreign world full of horrors and undesirable surprises.

I hope that if tehre is ever a third iteration in the "series" the narrative still gets stronger. Can't wait for it...

Fuzz
« Reply #291 on: November 05, 2009, 09:46:36 PM »

Amon26, I'm going to stalk you and make love to you...  Who, Me?

This is one of the best games I've played in a loooooong time. But then again, I have a fetish for dark atmospheric games, so I'm probably biased. My only gripe is the lack of a save system (in case I wanted to save some for later haha) and that it wasn't longer. Also, I regret not knowing about this game sooner.
there is a save system! does nobody read readme files?
Amon26
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #292 on: November 05, 2009, 10:12:56 PM »

I just played it. The first betas you released made me feel it wouldn't live up to its brother. But hell, this new version proved me totally worng. The narrative is slightly tighter this time, with great results. You can feel a sort of story being told, and yet still feel trapped in this foreign world full of horrors and undesirable surprises.

I hope that if tehre is ever a third iteration in the "series" the narrative still gets stronger. Can't wait for it...

I'm flattered that despite your beta-impression you still gave the final copy a try. This isn't a very technologically advanced game, and it's originality or style can be debated till the sun goes down and up again. 

I didn't get into doing this to shift paradigms or revolutionize anything.  I see game technology as a 'framework' to erect a story, idea, or mood around.  That's not to say framework is any less important than any other aspect of the product, it's just not where my expertise lies. 

It could be debated that Quake3 Arena was little more than an elaborate tech-demo, but regardless of it's depth, originality or substance, it remains one of my favorite games of all time.

Wow, I'm sorry, I went on a tangent there.

To address the question of a "sequel", it's not out of the question, but it's not on the table.  I'm very happy that I've made two rather fun platformers, but I'm ready to see what else I can do.  I think I can be more than "That scary platformer-game guy" and I'd like to see if it's possible. Smiley

stay tuned.  When I'm ready to show what I'm working on next, it'll be in a brand-new thread
Alevice
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #293 on: November 06, 2009, 08:29:17 AM »

Dude, awesome series can only work on trilogies. You just can't not do a third game, it's your fucking fault.

Regardless of my complaints, it's good to see you don't want to be stuck on a same style. This is personally what set me off with Torchlight creators. It'd be intriguing what other surpries are under your sleeve.

I don't know where the technology conversation came from,but it would be cool to see you work occasionally on 3d platforms (not platformers, mind you).

Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #294 on: November 06, 2009, 10:29:03 AM »

Trilogies are MAINSTREAM.

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
Alevice
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #295 on: November 06, 2009, 11:08:58 AM »

Yeah you are right. I meant a tetralogy. Just look at Yahtzee.

Sumitpo
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #296 on: November 06, 2009, 02:07:18 PM »

It was... really weird. But awesome anyway.
Glyph
Level 10

Relax! It's all a dream! It HAS to be!

View Profile
« Reply #297 on: November 07, 2009, 03:38:39 PM »

wow, thanks for crediting me in the game. All I did was make a walking-thingy, so I didn't think anything of it. Anyway, Congrats on the release! Beer!

Amon26
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #298 on: November 07, 2009, 06:43:12 PM »

wow, thanks for crediting me in the game. All I did was make a walking-thingy, so I didn't think anything of it. Anyway, Congrats on the release! Beer!

If it weren't for you, those bad guys would still be just jumping around like random maniacs.  Also, the bells would swing a full 360 degrees.  Big Laff  If it weren't for your contribution, this game would've been a lot less fun
Aquin
Level 10

Aquin is over here.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #299 on: November 07, 2009, 06:45:00 PM »

This game is actually creepier than the first one.  Seek counseling!

Oh wait.  No make a few more games.  THEN seek counseling.   Who, Me?

I'd write a devlog about my current game, but I'm too busy making it.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 19
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic