Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411579 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58445 Members - Latest Member: Mansreign

May 05, 2024, 04:04:33 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsOld CompetitionsProcedural GenerationdropTD [FINISHED]
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Author Topic: dropTD [FINISHED]  (Read 42006 times)
sidereal
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 13, 2008, 12:23:12 AM »

Outstanding work. 

I foresee a long-term strategy of collecting a bunch of files into a folder for each tower shape I might want to generate, which turns the file dropping from a mystery into just a complicated form of button-pushing.  I'd recommend making the file output consistent within a single game session, but inconsistent between sessions to keep that from happening.  Now I'd have to relearn what each file does in realtime.
Daniel Benmergui
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: June 13, 2008, 02:44:34 PM »

I liked the aesthetics and the clever idea of using dropped files as seed.

The game is too much work for me, though Smiley

Thanks Nurykabe!

Daniel.
Ludomancy
tommo
TIGBaby

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: June 16, 2008, 11:48:15 PM »

The most loved piece to me in this competition.
Voted! Beer!
zradick
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: June 19, 2008, 08:36:28 PM »

That's definitely one of the niftiest things I've seen in a while.  I wasn't sure exactly what I was doing at first, but once I started to get the hang of it it was fairly intuitive.  There were still some things I don't think I really understood, like why some of the laser things were green and others turned yellow and reddish, but it was still fun and novel.
It would be cool to add some popping/particle effects when the bubble things burst to let you know you are getting them, and some juicy sound effects would be nice too, but I will definitely be voting for this none-the-less.  Keep up the good work.
Cheers!
--Zack
Morusque
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: June 20, 2008, 04:21:53 AM »

Red stuffs are more powerull than green ones.
Towers that are easy to put on the board are usually weaker and towers with lots of "dead blocs" around are more powerfull.

I may build a second version someday, including advices some of you made, like this "consistent within a single game session, but inconsistent between sessions" thing.

Anyway, I'm glad some people are voting for my game, thank you.  Smiley
« Last Edit: June 20, 2008, 04:23:50 AM by Nurykabe » Logged
mrfredman
Level 4

off on an adventure

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 24, 2008, 09:31:20 AM »

This game is incredible and I love it and stuff, but the sound refuses to stop playing even after i run KillSounds.bat um... what should I do?
Morusque
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: June 24, 2008, 10:38:47 AM »

go to the task manager and kill pd.exe processes manually... hmmm really sorry for that  Sad
Derek
Bastich
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: June 25, 2008, 12:50:34 PM »

Definitely a great idea and fun in practice!  I love feeling like my computer is an arsenal.  Fix the sounds bug and you're golden (or have it run the batch file automatically somehow?)!

A couple other, very minor things:

- a bit of in-game explanation of the interface wouldn't hurt (maybe briefly, right when start your first game).

- It might make more sense to just give the player more life and take out the experience-style system that lets you buy more life.  It adds complexity to the game and the interface without adding too much value, imo.  I'm not even sure the delete ("x") button is necessary, for that matter.

- "Right Clic" -> "Right Click"

Great work! Beer!
Morusque
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: January 09, 2009, 05:27:24 PM »

Just wanted to let you know that Jeremy Sachs built a mac version of droptd.  Smiley
here
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic