Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411587 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58445 Members - Latest Member: Mansreign

May 06, 2024, 07:31:29 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsDISCO ELYSIUM (we finished it, it's out)
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13
Print
Author Topic: DISCO ELYSIUM (we finished it, it's out)  (Read 150737 times)
alieser
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #220 on: October 27, 2018, 03:18:26 AM »

So hyped for this, Alexander's art is truly amazing!

Concept Artist // Open for Freelance Work

https://www.artstation.com/tripna
CDLegasse
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #221 on: October 27, 2018, 03:20:54 AM »

I hate your artist so much. #jealous
kinnas
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #222 on: October 29, 2018, 02:04:48 AM »

Cool

I_smell
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #223 on: October 29, 2018, 07:00:10 AM »

Hey just wanted to log in and give my 2 cents on the name change:

I've clicked on this dev-log maybe 20 times over the passed couple years, and frequently forget which game it is. Even though I do read "Furies" correctly as "Furies", it still conjures an actual mental image of furries in my head. Or The Warriors. I also think of "truce" as a very old-fashioned word from the early 20th (or late 19th) century.

When I saw the title listed among other games today, I actually IMAGINED YOUR KEY ART BEFORE I READ THAT IT WAS THIS GAME WITH A NAME CHANGE. It made the game much easier to remember for me.

Is it as engaging of a literary term? I don't know, but if using a name to roll up attention and maintain a following for your game as a product is anywhere on your list of priorities, then I think this decision will prove to be a very successful one in that respect.
zaum_emi
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #224 on: November 03, 2018, 11:45:34 AM »

Hello there everyone! My name is EMi, I'm one of the producers on Disco Elysium. I'm stopping by to let you know that myself and two others from the team will be heading to San Francisco next weekend to bring the game to the Day of the Devs on the 11th! The event is free and open to the public, you just gotta RSVP: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/day-of-the-devs-the-6th-annual-tickets-51531925376

There are going to be piles of awesome games, plus music from some pretty phenomenal musicians. If you live nearby please come check it out and say hi to us! All the details are up on their website: http://www.dayofthedevs.com/

Also, here is a cool graphic we made for the occasion:

Devilkay
Level 2

Hi! First game-dev experience!

View Profile
« Reply #225 on: November 04, 2018, 01:54:11 AM »

congratulations. it's so good.  Smiley
zaum_emi
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #226 on: December 25, 2018, 09:56:52 AM »

Hey folks!

We’re back with NEW SCREENSHOTS, NEW FESTIVE HATS & OUTFITS! Please also be sure to check us out in the latest issues of EDGE: https://www.myfavouritemagazines.co.uk/gaming/edge-magazine-back-issues/edge-january-2019-issue-327/
and the dual-cover edition of Wireframe: https://wireframe.raspberrypi.org/features/out-now-a-very-special-wireframe-4
We’re super proud of them both.

Oh, and we happen to be at ACG Play in Nanjing, China later on in the month from the 30th to the 31st of December. Drop on by!

Merry x-mas from everyone at ZA/UM!
zaum_emi
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #227 on: February 14, 2019, 12:31:22 PM »

Recently our technical artist, Markus Härma, wrote about our process for going from render to paintover on our blog. Here's the whole post for y'all to check out:

In this post I’ll show how we give more life to our world by mixing realtime objects with the hand-painted background.

Everything that is animated, is possible to pick up, or appears only in certain times will be added to the game in realtime instead of being painted into the background. That includes NPCs, vegetation, collectables, particles, etc.

Since our backgrounds use rendered heightmaps, we can use a flat plane that uses a special shader for sea. That gives us a nice coastline with some fading on the edges. But it still looks bland! It looks the same in both in shallow and deeper areas, so we’re going to add more detail on it.

Since there’s a tiny creek, we should separate the the sea from the creek. By adding and extra layer on top of the seaplane we get a warm gradient (nr 1), which color can be changed. Adding an orange tone there makes it look shallower, murky and more rusty from the surroundings. The new plane will also contain a flow map which fakes the effect of water flowing in desired direction.

By adding plants like weeds (nr 3), kelp (nr 4), or moss, we make the sea look more welcome and give it a feel of depth where taller plants like kelp fade into the abyss. Since the camera angle is always the same, the plants are hand-painted on a transparent background. I have made sets of plants with different density and colors. So every plant thats in the water is basically a transparent plane with some distortion effect to make it look like the surface is bending the photons of light. I also use the same shader to create colored ripples and flowy lines (nr 2).

For the final touch I will add swarms of fish circling (nr 5), creating ripples on the surface of water (nr 6), icebergs that wobbling in the waves, and seagulls flyings over the scene.

Same goes for the land. By adding different variations of reeds, bushes, trees and even garbage like empty bottles, tin cans or trashbags that rustle in the wind, we get a movement in the static background.

This method is applied to all over the Martinaise, but every area has been manually composed and thought through to distinguish it from one another.
Sustrato
Level 1

It's a good day to die.

View Profile
« Reply #228 on: February 15, 2019, 12:50:24 PM »

Well don't overwhelm us with technical details now...

Game is looking great as ever, can't wait to play.

velocirection
Level 2

Your favorite pizza raptor game developer

View Profile
« Reply #229 on: February 15, 2019, 09:00:43 PM »

I for one love to be overwhelmed by a few specific things and technical details happens to be one of them ;3

Good use of height maps, blending painterly backgrounds and real time stuff can be tricky and looking at this game you've done a great job.

https://twitter.com/velocirection
(WARNING- NSFW, 18+! Adults only!)
zaum_emi
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #230 on: February 28, 2019, 11:23:38 AM »

We've started introducing some of the friendly folks your meet when exploring Disco Elyisum in a series called Faces of Revachol. First up is Evrart Claire!

If ever there was a cat who got the cream, it’s Evrart Claire, foreman of the Dockworkers’ Union of Martinaise. Known locally as “the Union boss,” he wields power that far exceeds the powers granted by his office.

This should come as no surprise in Revachol, a city provisionally governed by a coalition of nations less interested in governing than in casual exploitation, where even law enforcement – and that includes you! – has little authority. People like Evrart who know how to be something for everyone flourish in such circumstances. You’ll find that the citizens of Martinaise either love him or hate him, but all of them are forced to reckon with him — and with the members of the Dockworkers’ Union, who think of themselves as the real police in Martinaise.

Upon meeting him, you’ll quickly realize that Evrart is a man of great ambition and few scruples. But he’ll always welcome you with a smile and insist on talking “man to man.” You may find yourself thinking he’s just a mob boss putting up a congenial front, but, then, who and what is there apart from organized crime and corporations (arguably interchangeable terms) to keep the peace and attempt steps toward progress in the region? Surrounded by apartment buildings still bearing the marks of the failed Revolution of half a century ago, you may be tempted to hope that a fat cat whose primary motivations are to increase his power and line his own pockets is an appropriate leader.

And while you may not trust him, you’ll have to reckon with him, just like everybody else. He knows things. He has people.

Oh, and Evrart also has an identical twin brother, Edgar, who is up to pretty much the same things. They’ve taken turns running the Union. Which is to say: the Claires have been an institution unto themselves.

Let’s not forget that Evrart’s also just a man, though. He likes his black coffee. He likes fishing. And he’ll work with you, whatever your political leanings, however odd your behaviour – and he’ll do it with his signature smile.

Sustrato
Level 1

It's a good day to die.

View Profile
« Reply #231 on: April 17, 2019, 04:25:09 PM »

Hhuh, he doesn't seem too dangerous...

Really gorgeous render, at least he knows how to light up an office, even keeps it pretty tidy.

I don't think there'd be any harm in working with him...

ZAUM_Dani
« Reply #232 on: April 29, 2019, 02:56:23 AM »

Hey everyone,

I just wanted to drop in, say hello and introduce myself. I'm Dani, the Community Manager at ZA/UM. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to reach out.

See you soon! Hand Metal Left
« Last Edit: November 23, 2019, 05:49:56 PM by ZAUM_Dani » Logged
ZAUM_Dani
« Reply #233 on: September 19, 2019, 07:58:50 AM »

Disco Elysium has a release date!

https://twitter.com/studioZAUM/status/1174311455975456769?s=20

https://steamcommunity.com/app/632470/allnews/

Spread the word  Hand Metal Left

Dani
Gainsworthy
Level 10

BE ATTITUDE FOR GAINS...

View Profile
« Reply #234 on: October 09, 2019, 10:36:13 PM »

Haven't been this hype for a game since I was a kid poring over gaming magazines. Worth breaking my 2 year post hiatus to say that, I'd say.
kinnas
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #235 on: October 15, 2019, 08:00:09 AM »

oh hey guys we totes finished the game. should like... update the thread icon now

Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #236 on: October 15, 2019, 08:20:12 AM »

extremely cool. the reception seems great so far.
guimero64
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #237 on: October 15, 2019, 08:45:46 PM »

Been following you for a while. I've never pressed Add to Cart so hard in my life. This is most compelling world I've ever seen in an RPG.
DireLogomachist
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #238 on: October 15, 2019, 08:48:19 PM »

Congrats on the launch!

Living and dying by Hanlon's Razor
sloane
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #239 on: October 17, 2019, 10:01:02 PM »

Congrats, might very well be the best RPG I've ever played!
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic