Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411560 Posts in 69384 Topics- by 58443 Members - Latest Member: junkmail

May 03, 2024, 03:00:35 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperAudioWho wants a live orchestra?
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Who wants a live orchestra?  (Read 1026 times)
Cornelisjordaan
Level 0

composer | soundmaker

View Profile WWW
« on: July 01, 2011, 06:32:51 AM »

Good day folks! (talking  more to the fellow musicians on the forums, but devs are welcome to take a peek at the post as well  Smiley )

I'm not sure if any of you guys will be interested in this, but I'm going to put it out there just in case. I'm just going to make a rather long story short (the story involves lots of negotiation, tedious phone calls, and lots of maths) - My current situation is that I have a bunch of very talented and very professional musicians (small scoring orchestra) and a couple of engineers ready to record just about anything. The problem is that my music alone isn't nearly enough to keep them occupied and since I helped to form this group, it would be a shame for me if they only end up getting together for a limited amount of times.

Soooo...

If there are any of you who would like to have some of their music recorded live (I will even help orchestrate if you don't feel comfortable with that!), whether it be for a current project, or rerecording of some older work, please give me a shout. No order is too small! They are more than happy to record only a single cue even, if you want to test their sound first. All of the musicians are either currently a member of a professional symphony orchestra / performing ensemble or full time music students.

Wow, that sounded like a sales pitch... and I suppose it was a bit of one... in any event, if anyone is interested, make contact and we can talk about the details Smiley

Cornelis

Cornelis Jordaan | composer
www.cornelisjordaan.com
Havok
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2011, 08:04:35 AM »

This is great! Is there any way this will be affordable? Especially with indie projects struggling with tight budgets.

I love audio: Engineering, Sound Design, Composition
Cornelisjordaan
Level 0

composer | soundmaker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2011, 09:34:44 AM »

Absolutely! Affordability is precisely the reason I rallied these troops. Each and every one of the musicians I employ are willing to negotiate their fee, I'm on very good terms with the engineers, and the recording studio we use caters almost exclusively to indie projects and artists so there are quite a few positives for the budget  Smiley

Cornelis Jordaan | composer
www.cornelisjordaan.com
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic