Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411621 Posts in 69391 Topics- by 58447 Members - Latest Member: sinsofsven

May 10, 2024, 08:34:24 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsOld CompetitionsBootleg DemakesGang Garrison II (FINISHED) [NEW WEBSITE]
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 43
Print
Author Topic: Gang Garrison II (FINISHED) [NEW WEBSITE]  (Read 477985 times)
Gurren
Level 0

Lagann!

View Profile
« Reply #680 on: October 02, 2008, 02:14:14 PM »

EDIT: I actually started. The server is called "North America (Unlimited)." If anyone can give me feedbacks on its stability and lag, I'd appreciate it. Of course if you're not in North America, take that in consideration...

I'm from South America and it's almost perfect here. I have more lag while playing with my cousin (same city) than playing in your server  Grin
Asdf64
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #681 on: October 02, 2008, 02:35:52 PM »

Since it seems like there's a lot of things that should added/fixed to GG2, I'll just post my list of ideas.

1. Either allow the teams to score without intel in their own base, or prevent players from entering the spawn room with the intel.

2. Allow for there to be a time limit/score limit in the match.

3. Make it so scores are saved.

4. I read the readme just recently, and it said The Constructor can build 3 sentrys. I know The Constructor can't build yet, but when you do allow him to build, can you make it like TF2, and only have one of everything that you can create?

5. I don't know if it's that the scout is too powerful, there isn't enough space between the intels, or if it's the scout is too fast, but doesn't it seem like the scout can very easily get the intel? I'm able to easily get 3-4 intels in a row in a normal sized match, but that happens rarely in a TF2 match (I don't know how this would be fixed, because I don't know the problem.)

6. I'll just quote DrBongos for this one.

Could medics get assist kills cause helping with the push to the intel only get you one point from killing a stray scout with your syringe gun is kind of a bummer.

And that's about it. But I have a feeling adding these things will make the game somehow more unfare...

Edit: I forgot 2 things:

7: Allow for melee weapons for each class.

8: I don't know how, through text or a sound, but can the game tell you somehow when someone drops the intel, and when the intel is returned?
« Last Edit: October 02, 2008, 02:44:26 PM by Asdf64 » Logged
SFJake
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #682 on: October 02, 2008, 03:57:49 PM »

I'd love most of what you said. Though that wouldn't be retro anymore, but I hope the goal is beyond Retro, right? If limits are popping up only because of this, I'd be really sad... this got a lot of potential. It can just keeps the style and it still feels Retro.

Also, its hard to talk about Game Balance now. Not everything is done. For example, how will the scout do against Sentries, etc.

I'm from South America and it's almost perfect here. I have more lag while playing with my cousin (same city) than playing in your server  Grin
Great, I'm glad. I already got enough reasons to leave it opened, as long as people keep playing.

EDIT: Other suggestions that I don't care if they take a year before they happen, I just want to tell them.

-Host abilities: To kick, ban people.

-Automatic Team Balancing (server option)

-Ability to block usage of the secret character (server option)

-Demoman nerf (I swear I didn't want to say that, its so much like the current TF2 problem).

-Show how many players is in a Server in the lobby

-Fix Spectator mode? This is of a very low priority.

-Limit player's name's max length (obvious reasons).

I hope I'm not saying whats been said too much already... I can't read all 46 pages.

EDIT 2: Adding a question, how does the cloaking (spy) even work? I wish I had even a single idea of how and when people can see me.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2008, 04:14:32 PM by SFJake » Logged
Asdf64
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #683 on: October 02, 2008, 04:34:24 PM »

I'll explain the cloaking. When you right click, you become invisible. Right click again, become visible. If you become visible behind someone, you aren't seen until they turn around. Anyone facing you when you become uninvisible will see you.
Akura
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #684 on: October 02, 2008, 05:01:11 PM »

I'll explain the cloaking. When you right click, you become invisible. Right click again, become visible. If you become visible behind someone, you aren't seen until they turn around. Anyone facing you when you become uninvisible will see you.
Also if they happen to shoot you they can see you for a brief second.

Edit: Do NOT disallow the intel into the spawn if there is no auto balance. Other wise the game would suck a lot.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2008, 05:15:55 PM by Akura » Logged

~Akura
Webmaster of IPTBB.
Gurren
Level 0

Lagann!

View Profile
« Reply #685 on: October 02, 2008, 05:42:04 PM »

Also about cloak: Everyone can hear your jumps.
SFJake
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #686 on: October 02, 2008, 06:01:10 PM »

I guess that jump thing is whats giving me away, then.

Makes sense. Times people seemed to track me, or blew up stickies in my face, even though I was fully cloaked and unharmed, that was just because they could hear me jump.

But knowing it will help, thanks.
dmeskis
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #687 on: October 03, 2008, 07:15:22 AM »

Are there going to be sentries any time soon? It doesn't look like any one is working on it.
SFJake
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #688 on: October 03, 2008, 08:45:59 AM »

Are there going to be sentries any time soon? It doesn't look like any one is working on it.

Grow some patience. School, work. You know.
Kastere
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #689 on: October 03, 2008, 12:30:44 PM »

Oh man, OHHHH MAAAN.

The North America Server was GREAT until like ten minutes ago. Twice as many friggin' people on BLU than RED...goddamn.

To put it simply, there needs to be an automatic team balancer, or something like that.

2D Fort_2 is fucking awful for Snipers-No offense, or anything, it's just that it's near impossible to get a straight shot anywhere except the sewers, and even there spies swarm you like gay bees to semen flavored honey.

Speaking of Spies, I just started using the infiltrator after learning how to use his shoot-while-cloaked-while-behind-someone thing. Made it fun.
Does anyone else notice how Scouts can essentially rip apart Pyro's by Running +Gunning?
The Demoman is probably my favorite class right now, and if I'm playing (My new name is ROCKET JOE) enjoy my stickyrape.

People need to not get in the way of Rockets. seriously. It's probably my biggest frustration how useless they are in groups.
Joe
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #690 on: October 03, 2008, 01:38:08 PM »

People need to stop shooting rockets while I'm pressed up against a box with 2 heavies, a medic and a sniper on the other side. That has gotten me killed so many times.
Asdf64
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #691 on: October 03, 2008, 04:16:43 PM »

I can't tell if the server mega lagged, or everyone got stuck, but everyone left in this game, and my flames went for a HUGE distance. Look.

As you can see, the lag is over  9000.... Damn it, I promised myself I wouldn't make any more 9000 jokes!
azeo
Level 1

Blank slate!

View Profile
« Reply #692 on: October 03, 2008, 08:06:24 PM »

That number isn't your lag number. Its a debug thingy kept in from when the game was originally being made.
Joe
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #693 on: October 03, 2008, 10:32:36 PM »

I don't really want an automatic team balancer because I'm always RED. I just wish the entire enemy team, which is three times larger, wouldn't consist almost entirely of demomen.
MedO
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #694 on: October 04, 2008, 12:55:08 AM »

I've added a many of your suggestions to my todo list, and I'll get around to implementing some of them this weekend.

Concerning the buggy server Asdf64 encountered, I don't really understand what happened there. If the number in the upper left keeps rising, it means that the server is sending frame updates faster than the client is displaying the frames. This is not a problem as such, but since both server and client framerates are fixed at 30fps, a rising number indicates that the client can't keep up the 30fps framerate, which sounds unlikely if everyone on the server was having these problems. Also, how far the flames go on your screen is determined entirely by the client, and is dependant on your speed. Did they go this far in all directions or just when you were aiming up?
Asdf64
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #695 on: October 04, 2008, 04:53:01 AM »

No matter which direction I pointed the flame thrower, the flames would try to go up. That's why they went a far distance when I pointed up. The screen would just shake left to right very very quickly, and it looked like the place was having an earthquake. At times I would jump a bit to the right (since that's what I was doing before I froze there), but I would always go back to the same spot before I jumped all the way. Regardless, it has only happened once, so it's not such a big problem as of now.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2008, 05:00:54 AM by Asdf64 » Logged
Sargeras9
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #696 on: October 04, 2008, 11:24:48 AM »

No matter which direction I pointed the flame thrower, the flames would try to go up. That's why they went a far distance when I pointed up. The screen would just shake left to right very very quickly, and it looked like the place was having an earthquake. At times I would jump a bit to the right (since that's what I was doing before I froze there), but I would always go back to the same spot before I jumped all the way. Regardless, it has only happened once, so it's not such a big problem as of now.

This just sounds like lag.
skaldicpoet9
Level 10

"The length of my life was fated long ago "

View Profile
« Reply #697 on: October 04, 2008, 11:40:05 AM »

Great game Smiley

The only thing that I am scratching my head over is why is it when I get into a match I can't move at all? I can move just fine if I start my own game but if I join the game that is on the server w,a,s,d won't move my character.

I nominate this game for future game nights too Beer!

\\\\\\\"Fearlessness is better than a faint heart for any man who puts his nose out of doors. The date of my death and length of my life were fated long ago.\\\\\\\"
kgbeast
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #698 on: October 04, 2008, 03:27:54 PM »

Are you going to add rounds? Because I don't like just playing without end. Tongue
Akura
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #699 on: October 04, 2008, 08:07:56 PM »

All i know is, this needs to stop happening:

Seriously guys...

~Akura
Webmaster of IPTBB.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 43
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic