Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411608 Posts in 69388 Topics- by 58446 Members - Latest Member: gravitygat

May 09, 2024, 12:53:47 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGames[Review] First Impression to Girls Evo Idle RPG
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: [Review] First Impression to Girls Evo Idle RPG  (Read 3391 times)
KKT
Level 0

View Profile
« on: September 05, 2023, 11:39:10 PM »

Game Title: Girls Evo: Idle RPG

Platform: Android

Keywords: Idle RPG, Gacha game, Monsters, Evolution,

Simple review:

Character design:

A rough preview of all monsters from the gallery, and one thing I like is that the R&D team did not overly sexualize monsters to attract male players.

2. Monster Evolution

Each monster will be in 3 kinds of evolution. Hard to get the final form, which shows the common phenomenon of Idle RPG: what monetized mobile games often do is make the beginning easy and manageable to get players hooked and feel like they’re good at the game, and then quickly ramp up the difficulty so the players feel like they have to spend money on in app purchases. In Girls Evo, app purchases will be a must thing if you want to get the final form of monsters, or you will spend a great amount of time/energy for exchange. (I am always a free-to-player)

3. Gameplay

Many kinds of PVE & PVP Gameplay. Monster upgrades are easy, but character upgrades require waiting for resources, otherwise, the progress of the main story will be limited. Another player commented that:

I thought it could be solved by paying for some items to level up. But I soon found out that wasn't the case. As you can see, the improvement of the protagonist's level cannot be solved by any payment. So I guess the reason is to guide players to focus more on other Dungeon gameplay and show the player more choice of development direction.

But I prefer this view:

All game settings must be based on PAY since this is a monetized mobile game. more choice of development direction means more ways to spend the money on the game.

After testing the game, I think this is a real real real Idle RPG. After the newbie guide, I can skip the battle in many gameplay to save time. As I mentioned in the title "A game where you pretty much do nothing" I enjoy this mode but some players think this is a boring setting.

In a word, If you like collecting and cultivating monsters, if you like playing the Idle game, this game is a good choice.
michaelplzno
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2023, 02:33:46 PM »

It would be cool if tig had a review section of the forum for stuff like this. I wish more games got a critical eye on them. Hence my Gamedev Feedback videos.

SkaterMagazine
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2023, 10:31:52 PM »

Game Title: Girls Evo: Idle RPG

Platform: Android

Keywords: Idle RPG, Gacha game, Monsters, Evolution,

Simple review:

Character design:

A rough preview of all monsters from the gallery, and one thing I like is that the R&D team did not overly sexualize monsters to attract male players.

2. Monster Evolution

Each monster will be in 3 kinds of evolution. Hard to get the final form, which shows the common phenomenon of Idle RPG: what monetized mobile games often do is make the beginning easy and manageable to get players hooked and feel like they’re good at the game, and then quickly ramp up the difficulty so the players feel like they have to spend money on in app purchases. In Girls Evo, app purchases will be a must thing if you want to get the final form of monsters, or you will spend a great amount of time/energy for exchange. (I am always a free-to-player)

3. Gameplay

Many kinds of PVE & PVP Gameplay. Monster upgrades are easy, but character upgrades require waiting for resources, otherwise, the progress of the main story will be limited. Another player commented that:

I thought it could be solved by paying for some items to level up. But I soon found out that wasn't the case. As you can see, the improvement of the protagonist's level cannot be solved by any payment. So I guess the reason is to guide players to focus more on other Dungeon gameplay and show the player more choice of development direction.

But I prefer this view:

All game settings must be based on PAY since this is a monetized mobile game. more choice of development direction means more ways to spend the money on the game.

After testing the game, I think this is a real real real Idle RPG. After the newbie guide, I can skip the battle in many gameplay to save time. As I mentioned in the title "A game where you pretty much do nothing" I enjoy this mode but some players think this is a boring setting.

In a word, If you like collecting and cultivating monsters, if you like playing the Idle game, this game is a good choice.
Your observation about the monetization strategy aligns with how many mobile games are designed. Starting with an easy and manageable experience to engage players and then gradually increasing the challenge can incentivize spending on in-app purchases. It's a business model that aims to strike a balance between providing a fun gaming experience and generating revenue.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic