Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411595 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58444 Members - Latest Member: FightingFoxGame

May 07, 2024, 04:15:29 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingTavern Of Heroes Demo Here (Win,Mac,Lin)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Tavern Of Heroes Demo Here (Win,Mac,Lin)  (Read 777 times)
optimgamestudio
Level 0

View Profile
« on: April 29, 2012, 01:02:31 PM »

After much work, there's now a demo available for our first game, Tavern Of Hereos. You might have seen us post here before, I figured a demo was big enough for a new thread.

The demo features the battle part of the game. It's mostly to give a feel of the game and receive suggestions from people as well as get more people interested in the project.

You can find the download links on our indiedb page which is here : http://www.indiedb.com/games/tavern-of-heroes
If you have issues or suggestions, I will monitor this thread for replies and answer everything.
optimgamestudio
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2012, 04:00:55 PM »

Gameplay video made by a fan :

greenexec
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2012, 07:30:23 PM »

The homemade art style is fun---it looks simple at first, but then you realize how expressive it is.

I wasn't in love with the interface.  I wanted the game to tell me more about what was happening.  The icons are expressive, but some of them were baffling (what do the hands mean?).  I'd want mouseover flavor text on EVERYTHING, and a hint to right-click.  Also, HP floaters to tell me if I were doing good damage, and how the specials were better in what way.

Training newbies to think of using two buttons can be tricky.  In LGGWG, in tutorial mode, if you left-clicked on someone when you were trying to select him (which was right-click), it would warn you, and suggest the keyboard shortcut.  I felt like you could do the same here---when you left-click ineffectually on the ground to try to attack someone, it could say "Don't you mean right-click?"

Will there be an A.I. mode, so I can only control my hero and have everyone else kinda be pretty good, a la Mass Effect?  There's a ton going on.

optimgamestudio
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2012, 08:40:39 AM »

The homemade art style is fun---it looks simple at first, but then you realize how expressive it is.

I wasn't in love with the interface.  I wanted the game to tell me more about what was happening.  The icons are expressive, but some of them were baffling (what do the hands mean?).  I'd want mouseover flavor text on EVERYTHING, and a hint to right-click.  Also, HP floaters to tell me if I were doing good damage, and how the specials were better in what way.

Training newbies to think of using two buttons can be tricky.  In LGGWG, in tutorial mode, if you left-clicked on someone when you were trying to select him (which was right-click), it would warn you, and suggest the keyboard shortcut.  I felt like you could do the same here---when you left-click ineffectually on the ground to try to attack someone, it could say "Don't you mean right-click?"

Will there be an A.I. mode, so I can only control my hero and have everyone else kinda be pretty good, a la Mass Effect?  There's a ton going on.

Thanks for the comment!
Yea we received a lot of comments about the interface, we already have a list of modifications we want to add but the semi-tutorial thing you talked about is a good idea.

As for the AI mode, the point of the game is kinda overwhelming the player so I don't know how more complex I want to make the AI. Maybe I'll add an option though.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic