Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411590 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58443 Members - Latest Member: Mansreign

May 07, 2024, 04:00:37 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingI made another game in just under 6 hours
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: I made another game in just under 6 hours  (Read 1070 times)
nexus
Level 0

View Profile
« on: May 06, 2012, 04:10:04 AM »

I made this game in Stencyl in just under 6 hours. It's quite simple but in my opinion I am getting better at the whole game creation process. I have many more plans for games that are bigger, but for now, I make little games that make me learn quite a lot.

So here it is, It's called Stuckin: http://www.kongregate.com/games/SuperWuPa/stuckin

Enjoy

Nexus
Billy_Basso
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2012, 10:16:36 PM »

Pretty fun. Are you aware that if you move almost all the way to the right you can jump over the balls before they start hopping? Not that it really matters; even with that exploit it was still really hard.
nexus
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2012, 02:36:45 AM »

Pretty fun. Are you aware that if you move almost all the way to the right you can jump over the balls before they start hopping? Not that it really matters; even with that exploit it was still really hard.

Oh, I was unaware of that. I will try to fix it. Thanks for telling me.
Rumrusher
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2012, 02:57:32 AM »

Oh, I was unaware of that. I will try to fix it. Thanks for telling me.
Moving to the right prevents above but adds in a factor of acute timing on the player. if the player wants to shrink his or her playing field to avoid the jumping balls I say leave it in. Though jumping is pretty bugged in doing so. You can't jump all the time and will fail to input after awhile.
FanFan
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2012, 01:51:14 PM »

Interesting

is the collision not pixel-perfect? I mean, even when the ball sprite dont apparently touch the obstacle, i still die due to the hit area is a box (AABB-collision).
« Last Edit: May 07, 2012, 02:37:02 PM by Fandrey » Logged
seigiac
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2012, 05:48:20 PM »

I didn't get far in the game, but what I played was nice. I liked how it felt and bouncing balls entered at the right time in my opinion. The trace the ball characters left behind added to the visuals and to the controls.

It needs something that makes it more unique, a little bit less generic. The music was catchy.
nexus
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2012, 04:41:43 AM »

Interesting

is the collision not pixel-perfect? I mean, even when the ball sprite dont apparently touch the obstacle, i still die due to the hit area is a box (AABB-collision).

I had changed the collision to be circular and to the size of the ball, but what was happening was the ball was sliding sometimes, this was countered by using the square box collision.
peous
Level 2

Indie opportunist

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2012, 03:03:23 PM »

nice !
i don't see the level really evolving (I played until about 4500m)
Is the speed increasing ? or the distance between balls smaller ?

nexus
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2012, 03:42:36 AM »

nice !
i don't see the level really evolving (I played until about 4500m)
Is the speed increasing ? or the distance between balls smaller ?

I tried to make it so the distance between balls gets smaller, but it goes from spawning the balls from every 1 second to 0.7 second to make it a bit harder, which is probably why people didn't see any difference but it does make it a bit harder, any faster than 0.7 spawn rate made the game impossible due to in air time etc.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic