Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411660 Posts in 69396 Topics- by 58452 Members - Latest Member: Monkey Nuts

May 16, 2024, 03:02:38 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesThe Humble Indie Bundle #3
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 19
Print
Author Topic: The Humble Indie Bundle #3  (Read 41039 times)
Nikica
Level 5

Remember, it’s all in your head.

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2011, 11:47:37 AM »

Awesome!
Also I already own VVVVVV and And Yet It Moves but I don't have the others. I most certainly don't want to beg either. If you have an extra code, and someone without any of the games(especially VVVVVV since I love that game) hasn't said anything yet, I would love a code.

I think you will all love VVVVVV, it is really quite charming, and until now it didn't have any re-playability but I spent quite a while playing it anyways.

Oh please cut the drama and head over to your inbox!
poe
« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2011, 11:55:56 AM »

Awesome!
Also I already own VVVVVV and And Yet It Moves but I don't have the others. I most certainly don't want to beg either. If you have an extra code, and someone without any of the games(especially VVVVVV since I love that game) hasn't said anything yet, I would love a code.

I think you will all love VVVVVV, it is really quite charming, and until now it didn't have any re-playability but I spent quite a while playing it anyways.

Oh please cut the drama and head over to your inbox!
Thanks again, I just didn't want to nab these fantastic games away from someone who hasn't had the chance yet.
capn.lee
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2011, 12:28:17 PM »

i'm a bit disappointed with these games, i worry that because the bundles are so frequent that the quality is going to dwindle. Don't get me wrong, VVVVVV and crayon physics are awesome but some of the others are really just filling the numbers up.

I don't really have the patience for games if they piss me off within the first couple of minutes, cogs lazy efforts at replayability and hammerfight's terrible ui have certainly done that.
Inane
TIGSource Editor
Level 10

Arsenic for the Art Forum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2011, 12:36:23 PM »

Hammerfight! Mock Anger HAMMERFIGHT IS GREAT, Capn Lee!

real art looks like the mona lisa or a halo poster and is about being old or having your wife die and sometimes the level goes in reverse
Theophilus
« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2011, 12:37:40 PM »

I didn't think the UI was that bad. It's a bit busy at times but it's a good game. :D
ChevyRay
« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2011, 12:48:12 PM »

Excited to try Hammerfight, I keep hearing people talk about it and it looks fun! Smiley
:^)
Level 10

wat a hell

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2011, 12:52:12 PM »

I wish I hadn't missed HIB No. 2.

Dang that bundle.

And apparently they eventually bundled 1 into 2? or something?

Awesome...  Sad in the worst way possible.
st33d
« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2011, 01:03:33 PM »

I think you have to accept that you're lucky if you like more than one of the bundle games or don't already own half of them.

I didn't like any of the Frozenbyte games and from the second bundle I had all the decent titles already aside from Revenge of the Titans, which I couldn't get into because it won't recognise my graphics tablet and I don't like using the mouse.

Besides, there's the DRM free aspect to it anyway that means you can make proper backups of all the cool games.
Tumetsu
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2011, 01:26:37 PM »

Hammerfight is hard, but fun, though often I have no idea what I'm doing but I suppose it is just learning. But has anyone else had problems running it full screen on widescreen display? Screen didn't stretch properly to my 1600x900 display but was more narrow than 4:3 and placed too left (not centered, but not over the edge of the screen either).

BTW, in VVVVVV editor, how I can browse objects beyond the first 10? It says < and > keys change tools? I tried arrow keys but couldn't get it work. Which keys I should press?
« Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 01:31:50 PM by Tumetsu » Logged

ChevyRay
« Reply #29 on: July 26, 2011, 01:43:44 PM »

BTW, in VVVVVV editor, how I can browse objects beyond the first 10? It says < and > keys change tools? I tried arrow keys but couldn't get it work. Which keys I should press?

According to Terry on his tutorial:

(The numbers 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,0 are shortcuts for various tools, as are the top row letters R,T,Y,U,I,O,P).

Does that answer your question? I don't know, I haven't used it yet.
:^)
Level 10

wat a hell

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: July 26, 2011, 02:16:30 PM »

TANNER IS A BOSS

HE IS COOL

HE DESERVES RESPECT AND BUTTSLAPS
Theophilus
« Reply #31 on: July 26, 2011, 02:26:11 PM »

Hammarfight is very difficult. Only on the second level.
Thomas Finch
Level 8

@slowcircuit

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: July 26, 2011, 02:36:13 PM »

Great package! I only wish I had thousands of dollars to give the developers what they deserve.

SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 26, 2011, 03:59:30 PM »

Just bought it. The average price is 4.40? This is worth at least double that.
Zaphos
« Reply #34 on: July 26, 2011, 04:11:37 PM »

Guessing it's a lot of people paying double that (or more) and a lot of people paying close to the minimum amount ...

I did notice they had a default price of "$1 above average", which I thought might have been hurting them a bit when the average is low.  But on refreshing it doesn't have that as the default anymore, so either they changed it just now or they're split testing it with low probability ...
Inane
TIGSource Editor
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: July 26, 2011, 04:12:55 PM »

@Tumetsu: I don't have that issue, it sounds like your monitor doesn't know how to deal. If it's a not-too-old flatscreen it should have an "auto-calibrate" button that shoudl fix it.
Hammarfight is very difficult. Only on the second level.
Counting the two tutorials? Epileptic Smaaash your enemy. High mouse sensitivity is really important in the game, and higher DPI = lower sensitivity (It took me a while to figure that out, since usually higher number means higher sensitivity). Honestly, if you're having trouble getting a full rotation in with the flail you should reduce it (I play with it set at 300), since it's a lot easier to swing than rigid-body weapons.

Also, when fighting the worms or bees, avoid letting them touch you even if you have to abort a strong swing to do it. You can spin into a group of bees with the sword but get out if your sword stops spinning. Fighting other machines later in the game is a bit simpler since kamikaze is just as destructive to them as you Durr...?
« Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 04:21:53 PM by Inane » Logged

real art looks like the mona lisa or a halo poster and is about being old or having your wife die and sometimes the level goes in reverse
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 26, 2011, 04:35:35 PM »

This post neatly sums up the mechanisms behind the  "pay what you want" marketing scheme. Wink

Anyway, I'm not too hot for the game selection here. I'll get the VVVVVV bonus content without it anyway so the only game I'm somewhat interested in is Hammerfight. Probably get it regardless.
phubans
Indier Than Thou
Level 10

TIG Mascot

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: July 26, 2011, 04:45:11 PM »

I'm still a little sore over the first HIB since World of Goo made like $1 million from that alone, which is about 0.001% of the money I made when I contracted for them on that gig Concerned

I'm not mad at 2D Boy, I'm just pissed that contractors get paid next to nothing and can't collect royalties.

Inane
TIGSource Editor
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: July 26, 2011, 04:52:59 PM »

I dunno, a billion dollars sounds like a pretty good deal to me, Phubans Durr...?

Naw, sarcasm aside, I understand your frustration there, pretty raw deal but contractors is contractors.

Theophilus
« Reply #39 on: July 26, 2011, 04:55:37 PM »

Wow, I hate these 'defend the ship' levels.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 19
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic