Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411674 Posts in 69399 Topics- by 58452 Members - Latest Member: homina

May 17, 2024, 07:02:43 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsScoot Scoot
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Scoot Scoot  (Read 475 times)
islipaway
Level 0

View Profile
« on: September 23, 2016, 07:08:05 AM »

Scoot Scoot is a scooter agility time-attack game with challenging controls.

---

---

Originally conceived as part of the A Game By It's Cover 2016 Jam, the premise of Scoot Scoot is to race around an obstacle course to achieve the best time. This is harder than it sounds as every hit obstacle gives a a time penalty and the controls have a real sensitive feel. All is not against you however! You can earn time bonuses by pulling off daring maneuvers, but take it too far and risk failure.

The game is currently single player with plans for a co-op two players one bike type scenario where you must coordinate your weight shifting to corner effectively.

---

Play the prototype here.

« Last Edit: September 23, 2016, 07:33:34 AM by islipaway » Logged

islipaway
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2016, 07:08:18 AM »

So! After some post-jam soul searching I've decided to take this little game a bit further. I got a really positive response but wanted to let the dust settled before I decided to pursue it or not. I keep itching to work on it again so I'm going to and hopefully find some help in the process!

I'm going to focus first on improving the quality of some of the assets, as much time was saved making stuff 'good enough'.  There are some pretty serious performance issues with the prototype I'd like to sort out and also just improve the fidelity of the control all around, but this area isn't my strong suit so I'm going to be looking for help or banging my head harder when that comes around!
« Last Edit: September 23, 2016, 07:14:49 AM by islipaway » Logged

islipaway
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2016, 12:26:03 PM »

I've been working on improving the quality of the Scooter models.

RomainCourtois
Level 0

Twitter : @rcmedy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2016, 03:13:50 AM »

I tried the demo on itch, looks very cool but I can't play because of the controls. Could you add possibility to change keys ? or just add arrows control ?
islipaway
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2016, 09:02:01 AM »

In future version I'll add customiseable controls to some extent, however it's intended to be played with a gamepad as it requires quite precise input to steeting, leaning and acceleration which isn't possible with a keyboard!

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic