Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411562 Posts in 69384 Topics- by 58443 Members - Latest Member: junkmail

May 04, 2024, 12:54:21 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsCubior - multiplayer, exploration based 3d platformer
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Cubior - multiplayer, exploration based 3d platformer  (Read 602 times)
Blink
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« on: April 17, 2014, 11:52:02 PM »

"Make the games you want to see in the world"

So for me, that's:

Super Mario 64 + (Mario Kart 64 / Halo 1) multiplayer

(from Jan 2013)
Twitter (way out of date)
Facebook (up-to-date actually)

The goal is to just get to the goal, a floating red square near the top of each level. As soon as one person touches it, the level ends and the next will soon begin.

Being all cubes leads to some really interesting user interactions, since players can jump on each others' heads and push each other around, and since the levels are all cubes, it's super easy for anyone to make their own levels.

I keep getting positive feedback when I submit to festivals and whatnot, so I'm continuing to focus on it instead of experimenting with other projects. While I don't entirely know where it will end up, I do know it will be a 3d platformer that lets you explore with your friends, and that's exactly what I want to play. Tongue

---

Platforms: Windows, Mac, Linux

Features: 1-4 player drop in/out gameplay, controller support for Xbox 360 and Dualshock, easily editable map text files, and possibly some online stuff (I got it working-ish between two computers, so I know it can be done, but now I'm refocusing on improving gameplay)

Made in: C++, OpenGL, and SFML. That's it! Graphics (2D) were done in Illustrator.

Demo: will be posted soon, but the only demo online right now is over a year old and has a frustrating camera still, so I don't suggest that one.

Currently working on: new mechanics. I'm trying to add springs and switches and crumbling blocks. Also trying to ramp up work on it again, so starting a devlog finally. Smiley
« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 08:26:14 PM by Blink » Logged
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic