Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411528 Posts in 69381 Topics- by 58437 Members - Latest Member: GlitchyPSI

May 02, 2024, 04:35:50 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsTIGJam 2009: Canada
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
Print
Author Topic: TIGJam 2009: Canada  (Read 29520 times)
GregWS
Level 10

a module, repeatable in any direction and rotation

View Profile
« on: October 09, 2008, 11:28:10 PM »

OK, I'll create this now, way sooner than I need to so that we can discuss it.  There's pile of us Canadians here, so we really should have a Jam of our own.
team_q
Level 10

Divide by everything is fine and nothing is wrong.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2008, 09:53:48 AM »

I'd be down, the problem is Canada's really big.I know there are a lot of dudes around Montreal and Ottawa but there are some in Manitoba too, no doubt some out west in BC.

Dirty Rectangles

_PRINCE OF ARCADE_
Matt Thorson
Level 7

c'est la vie

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2008, 10:26:40 AM »

I'm in Alberta.  Conservative douchebag oil rig lift-kit pickup antigay ultra-christian capitol of Canada WTF I'll understand completely if you guys have the Jam as far from here as possible, but I'd love to attend.

If we want to include as many canadians as possible, Ontario is probably your best bet.  The majority of the jammers will likely be in Quebec or Ontario, and it's close enough for Manitobians to probably make and maybe us westerners.

Alec
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2008, 11:13:28 PM »

Winnipeg, Manitoba 'ere. We could probably host something. Smiley

Its the center of the country, so it makes sense!  Beer!

GregWS
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2008, 01:47:23 PM »

Given the whole geographic problem, we could do two Jams, Easterners and Westerners.  We could even make them Dueling Jams for extra epic.

As far as I'm aware there a quite a few TIGers in B.C. (among them Chevy Ray and I Like Cake, I think), and there's a few of us in Alberta too.  And believe it or not, it's shorter to drive from Winnipeg to Edmonton/Calgary than it is to Toronto.  So I guess my selfish preference would be an Alberta Jam because it's in between Winnipeg and Vancouver, and the drive from each of those places would be about the same.  That said, if it's during the academic year, I'd only be able to attend if it was in Winnipeg.

I'm in Alberta.  Conservative douchebag oil rig lift-kit pickup antigay ultra-christian capitol of Canada WTF
Ahhhh, good old Alberta (really, the landscape itself is great).  Edmonton is nowhere near as backward as the rest of the province, but there are certainly some of those people here too; it makes my cry at night  Cry  And man, there's nothing like being a very moderate Christian in a place like this.
Alec
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2008, 12:36:59 AM »

I've actually got a lead on some space. Some of the government folks here might be interested in helping sponsor a TIGJam Canada!  Beer!

GregWS
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2008, 01:39:26 AM »

Sounds good!  As long as it's during the academic year then count me in.  Reading week in February would be the best IMO (unless we're holding off until way later in the year), but that's just me.
team_q
Level 10

Divide by everything is fine and nothing is wrong.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2008, 08:25:19 AM »

Wawawewa, 28 hour drive to Winnipeg from Ottawa!

Dirty Rectangles

_PRINCE OF ARCADE_
GregWS
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2008, 04:28:39 PM »

I suppose that's my main argument for dueling Jams.  It doesn't eliminate the problem, but it's 16 hours from Winnipeg to Edmonton, and I'm pretty sure it's about the same from Vancouver to Edmonton too.  The second Jam could be somewhere decided by you Easterners that again minimizes the necessary pain of driving.
ChevyRay
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2008, 12:16:21 AM »

As far as I'm aware there a quite a few TIGers in B.C. (among them Chevy Ray and I Like Cake, I think), and there's a few of us in Alberta too.
I'm only living in BC for a few more days. I'll be living in Edmonton by November. YMM and I already got plans for some game makin' jam sessions, so it'd be rad to get together with some even more folks.

Hell, look at my avatar. It could be the TIGJam Canada mascot.
joshg
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2008, 04:18:20 PM »

I'm in BC, near Vancouver.  So one vote for something out here, and if it's in Winnipeg one vote for it being in December when I'll be out in that direction anyway.

these are from an actual radio shack in the ghetto
GregWS
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2008, 07:35:57 PM »

As far as I'm aware there a quite a few TIGers in B.C. (among them Chevy Ray and I Like Cake, I think), and there's a few of us in Alberta too.
I'm only living in BC for a few more days. I'll be living in Edmonton by November. YMM and I already got plans for some game makin' jam sessions, so it'd be rad to get together with some even more folks.

Hell, look at my avatar. It could be the TIGJam Canada mascot.
Dude!  Being a life-long Edmontonian currently out of the city (stuck in Winnipeg due to the U of A's lack of an Architecture faculty), could I jam too?  I'll be back home for most of December, so just PM me sometime before then!

And your avatar ALREADY IS the mascot for TIGJam Canada!   Kiss Kiss Kiss
ChevyRay
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2008, 07:50:18 PM »

Yeah dude. As soon as I get a job straightened out and stuff. I'll be game makin' all the way through the rest of the year and beyond Smiley so it'd be rad to find as many others as possible and get together for some jams.
GregWS
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2008, 08:01:27 PM »

Haha, you shouldn't have much trouble finding a job in Edmonton; the boom's made everything crazy!  :D
ChevyRay
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2008, 08:06:33 PM »

Not only that, but I do electrician work Tongue and from what I hear, there's TONNES of it over there.
GregWS
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2008, 08:39:45 PM »

Yeah, I'd expect that there is.  Having worked at an architecture firm for the past few summers, I can say that things are pretty crazy when it comes to the building industry in Edmonton, we're all really overworked because so many new developments are happening.
Rikus
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2008, 11:21:05 PM »

Would be cool if it was in Alberta, good to see some fellow albertans in here Smiley

On a side note, hope everyone is enjoying there day off tomorrow cheers, Beer!
Chris Whitman
Sepia Toned
Level 10

A master of karate and friendship for everyone.

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2008, 08:18:47 PM »

Time permitting, I would attend a Canadian TIGJam if it were on the west coast. I'm not sure about Manitoba, as I believe it's quite a drive even if properly road-tripped. Ontario or Quebec are probably right out: as much as I'd like to go out there, I don't think I could afford the plane ticket.

Formerly "I Like Cake."
GregWS
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2008, 11:12:30 PM »

Time permitting, I would attend a Canadian TIGJam if it were on the west coast. I'm not sure about Manitoba, as I believe it's quite a drive even if properly road-tripped. Ontario or Quebec are probably right out: as much as I'd like to go out there, I don't think I could afford the plane ticket.
Yeah, the plane ticket thing is definitely an issue for me too, and that's why I think 2 Jams are a must.  Winnipeg is just too central, and requires a long drive from either direction.  Assuming we're thinking of Jams in the summer (as I think it's pretty hard to just take a weekend off university, at least with my schedule), I'd say we do one in Alberta and one in Quebec or Ontario.  West Central and East Central.  Then if Alec/Infinite Ammo feels like coming out from Winnipeg they don't have to drive all the way to the coast or pay for airfare.  There's also 3 of us in Edmonton already (myself, YMM, and ChevyRay), and I can at least say for myself that I'd be happy to try and plan a Jam.
Matt Thorson
Level 7

c'est la vie

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2008, 11:31:43 AM »

Yeah, the plane ticket thing is definitely an issue for me too, and that's why I think 2 Jams are a must.  Winnipeg is just too central, and requires a long drive from either direction.  Assuming we're thinking of Jams in the summer (as I think it's pretty hard to just take a weekend off university, at least with my schedule), I'd say we do one in Alberta and one in Quebec or Ontario.  West Central and East Central.  Then if Alec/Infinite Ammo feels like coming out from Winnipeg they don't have to drive all the way to the coast or pay for airfare.  There's also 3 of us in Edmonton already (myself, YMM, and ChevyRay), and I can at least say for myself that I'd be happy to try and plan a Jam.

If Edmonton was agreed as a good place to host, I would definitely take a large role in planning and possibly even hosting (if I must) the Jam.  We could probably rent a room at the UofA, especially during the summer.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic