Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411524 Posts in 69381 Topics- by 58436 Members - Latest Member: GlitchyPSI

May 01, 2024, 05:23:34 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsTIGJam 2009: Canada
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Print
Author Topic: TIGJam 2009: Canada  (Read 29518 times)
GregWS
Level 10

a module, repeatable in any direction and rotation

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2008, 11:33:50 AM »

If Edmonton was agreed as a good place to host, I would definitely take a large role in planning and possibly even hosting (if I must) the Jam.  We could probably rent a room at the UofA, especially during the summer.
Getting space during the summer at the U of A seems like a very good (and doable) idea.  And I'd definitely be willing to do a lot of the planning/hosting as well!  Beer!
cyber95
Level 5

The Computer is your friend.

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2008, 05:44:57 PM »

If Edmonton was agreed as a good place to host, I would definitely take a large role in planning and possibly even hosting (if I must) the Jam.  We could probably rent a room at the UofA, especially during the summer.
Getting space during the summer at the U of A seems like a very good (and doable) idea.  And I'd definitely be willing to do a lot of the planning/hosting as well!  Beer!
I'd been meaning to go to Edmonton again at some point anyway.

So I can finally go on the damn rollercoaster in the mall. It taunts me, because the last three times I went to West Edmonton Mall, something kept me.  First time it was because I was too short/young.  Next time we didn't even go to the amusement park.  Third time I was spending time in the internet cafe, waiting for my parents to get back from shopping so they could give me some money.

Having more reason that just a rollercoaster to go to Edmonton sounds like a great idea.

GregWS
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2008, 06:08:20 PM »

Haha, that rollercoaster is crazy.  When I was a kid I tried to re-create it in Rollercoaster Tycoon!  I did an OK job actually, but I didn't have all the pieces I needed so it didn't turn out as perfectly as I would have liked.

We all hate the mall, but because there's lot of stuff there we go there on a regular basis (we being my friends and I).  Tis' a horrible truth really.

Glad to hear you'd be up for E-Town Jam!
team_q
Level 10

Divide by everything is fine and nothing is wrong.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2008, 08:05:13 PM »

I got a bag stolen at the mall, and my brother got his wallet stolen. Undecided

Dirty Rectangles

_PRINCE OF ARCADE_
GregWS
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2008, 08:07:17 PM »

I got a bag stolen at the mall, and my brother got his wallet stolen. Undecided
That's horrible!  Shocked

Some crazy shit goes down there, and apparently the main arcade, Circuit Circus, is where a lot of drug deals go down.  WTF
team_q
Level 10

Divide by everything is fine and nothing is wrong.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2008, 08:16:21 PM »

I think that was where we were, but I find the "Seedy Arcade" is a relic of a bygone era.

Dirty Rectangles

_PRINCE OF ARCADE_
Matt Thorson
Level 7

c'est la vie

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: November 26, 2008, 04:45:08 PM »

We would totally have to make a field trip to ride the roller coaster at the end of the 'Jam.

GregWS
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 26, 2008, 07:41:07 PM »

I don't see how we couldn't; it's definitely a pre-requisite for an Edmonton Jam!  Beer!
Scolo
Level 0

Justin Dempsey

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: December 01, 2008, 05:47:41 AM »

There is going to be a GDC Canada in 09 too

http://www.gdc-canada.com/
GregWS
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 01, 2008, 07:09:41 AM »

Meh, it's no TIGJam.  Gentleman

(Though thanks for the heads-up.)
bigpants
Level 1

hi there, i'm happy mister bigpants

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: December 01, 2008, 12:41:17 PM »

While I realize it's not a TIGJam,
and might be risking a huge "meh",
I wanted to mention our yearly, canadian T.O. Jam.
TIGSource has been a great supporter of TOJam over the years,
and I am a huge fan of this site (especially dem karazy competitions).

TOJam v4.0 will be held May 2009, complete details will be shown in February.
We're hoping for 200 game makers in 2009 (we had 125 last year).
There may be a dance off.

Overwhelming information, along with amazing free games, is available here:
http://www.tojam.ca

Thanks!

Twitter   B-Game   Demake  
one of us wears pants
joshg
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: December 03, 2008, 07:01:00 PM »

TOJam does look awesome.  But since I'm west coast, I'm just going to use that as leverage to say that since there's already cool stuff happening in Toronto and Montreal, TIGJam Canada should clearly be out here in the west somewhere!

Gentleman

these are from an actual radio shack in the ghetto
GregWS
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 04, 2008, 03:40:07 PM »

Gentleman

So then is Edmonton too far East for you west coasters?  Cause if not, then hooray!  Beer!

Also, Derek's west coast U.S. (right? or am I way off...), so maybe we could convince him to come!  Beer!
PoV
Level 5

Click on the eye and something might happen..maybe

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: December 04, 2008, 10:34:10 PM »

I should totally be attending ToJam, since I think a couple guys I used to work with are regulars.  Running Ludum Dare thrice a year might be my excuse, but it's not good enough.  (LD13 this weekend BTW)

Nelson Yu crazy! :D

Mike Kasprzak | Sykhronics Entertainment - Smiles (HD), PuffBOMB, towlr, Ludum Dare - Blog
ChevyRay
« Reply #34 on: December 05, 2008, 02:00:44 PM »

Time permitting, I would attend a Canadian TIGJam if it were on the west coast. I'm not sure about Manitoba, as I believe it's quite a drive even if properly road-tripped. Ontario or Quebec are probably right out: as much as I'd like to go out there, I don't think I could afford the plane ticket.
Yeah, the plane ticket thing is definitely an issue for me too, and that's why I think 2 Jams are a must.  Winnipeg is just too central, and requires a long drive from either direction.  Assuming we're thinking of Jams in the summer (as I think it's pretty hard to just take a weekend off university, at least with my schedule), I'd say we do one in Alberta and one in Quebec or Ontario.  West Central and East Central.  Then if Alec/Infinite Ammo feels like coming out from Winnipeg they don't have to drive all the way to the coast or pay for airfare.  There's also 3 of us in Edmonton already (myself, YMM, and ChevyRay), and I can at least say for myself that I'd be happy to try and plan a Jam.

Ditto.

I'm living in Edmonton now, and have tonnes of free time. So if it does end up here, put me on the list of TIGSlaves for organizing. This would be so radddd.
GregWS
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 05, 2008, 09:23:23 PM »

Hey, good to see you back Chevy!

(Race you too the Hippodrome!!!  :D)

I think it's all going to come down to the West coasters now (and Alec/Infinite Ammo); if they're cool with Edmonton then we'd definitely have enough people for a kick ass jam!  Beer!
PowRTocH
« Reply #36 on: December 07, 2008, 12:23:04 PM »

Hey assholes beautiful people, I live about 45 minutes away from Edmonton, so I want in on this, circumstances permitting! Smiley
GregWS
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 07, 2008, 02:27:03 PM »

Cool, so we're starting to build up steam then; here's a list of people who said they'd be up for it:

ChevyRay (would organize too)
architekt (would organize too)
YMM (would organize too)
cyber95 (wants to finally ride the rollercoaster at WEM)
Cow (lives close by)

Maybes:
Alec/Infinite Ammo (it's not that bad a drive from Winnipeg; I thought it would be way worse than it was when I did it back in August)

West Coast People (you know who you are, you lucky winter-less bastards!)

Oh, and hey, are you the same "Cow" who made the title screen for Psychosomnium?  Because if so, then you totally rock!  Beer!
Rikus
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 10, 2008, 09:17:24 PM »

Hey, forgot to mention, i'm here in Edmonton to! I would for sur be there! Lots of edmonton peeps in here, nice!

Rikus is listening to Da Bounce
http://www.thebounce.ca/

http://www.create-games.com/
Willows
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 10, 2008, 10:56:53 PM »

I'd come/go pending I could hitch a ride with a fellow Vancouverite (or if it were in vancouver)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic