Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411524 Posts in 69381 Topics- by 58436 Members - Latest Member: GlitchyPSI

May 01, 2024, 08:07:32 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsKGC
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: KGC  (Read 3529 times)
Glaiel-Gamer
KGC
« on: April 29, 2009, 11:05:50 PM »

Anyone else getting emails from the korean game conference after GDC? You'd think they'd put a little more effort into not making their emails sound like engrish
Dear Mr. Tyler,

This is the secretariat of KGC2009 & Awards, which takes place from 7th to 9th October, 2009 at COEX, Seoul, in Korea.
First of all, we would like to express our appreciation for your great interest for KGC2009, which is already the biggest game conference in Asia and expect bigger scale and better contents with 5,000 developers to attend this year.

We are writing this mail to suggest excellent opportunity as KGC2009 speaker to share your professional experience or your company’s latest technology with 5000 game developers and related professions in this game industry.
Please fill in the attached “Speaker Application Form” and send to us before 6, June, 2009, then we give your form and other application forms to the KGC Board so that they make final decision who will be speakers for each tracks of KGC session after several big discussion.

Although you or your company may need to spend your travel expenses, the opportunity for accessing and making new network with Korea other Asian  game industry by being a speaker of KGC2009, must be much more worthwhile for your profession, we believe.

We hope to receive your application as your earliest convenience and if you have any inquiry regarding this matter,
Please do not hesitate to contact us.

Thank you very much for your great interest for KGC2009 once again.
With best regards,
jeb
Level 5

Bling bling

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2009, 07:45:57 AM »

That letter seems perfectly fine to me. I mean, if you want to build a network with Asian developers, you don't have time to let language get in the way.

I would like to go to Korea, but I don't know much about Korean game development except for maybe Ragnarök and Pig-min... so no, not this time.

ChevyRay
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2009, 02:17:08 AM »

That letter seems perfectly fine to me. I mean, if you want to build a network with Asian developers, you don't have time to let language get in the way.
True, but not everybody knows this; being a business, they should realize that language is a barrier, and the more effectively they communicate across this barrier, the more successful they're likely to be.

If I got identical offers from two foreign networks, I would probably automatically be more attracted to the one that was translated more avidly.

That letter isn't too bad, I've definitely seen a lot worse :D
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic