Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411524 Posts in 69381 Topics- by 58436 Members - Latest Member: GlitchyPSI

May 01, 2024, 07:30:35 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsFC Meet & Greet: Austin
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: FC Meet & Greet: Austin  (Read 1824 times)
weasello
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« on: July 28, 2009, 10:26:32 AM »

Hey there!

Our game (Fantastic Contraption) has had a huge fan response and I'm starting to schedule some meet-and-greets. Maybe a dozen or two people to get together, shake hands, and talk to the creators. I'm pretty excited as (as far as I know) this is a first for a flash game.

We'll be mainly just hanging out, answering questions, maybe unveiling some follow-up projects.

Since we'll be at Austin GDC, we figured we'd start there. I'm not familiar with the area and am wondering if anyone can recommend an easy meeting place that is close to GDC. It can be a restaurant or something, but I'm hoping along the lines of public park (with lots of shade). There might be a few parents/kids showing up so all-ages venue is a must (We'll head to the pub afterwards).

Any thoughts?

PS: You're all invited...

Date: TBD (Sept. 15-19th)
Place: Austin TX, somewhere
Time: TBD

PPS: this is by fan request and not me just feeling all self-important. I'm not worthy! Wink
« Last Edit: July 28, 2009, 11:49:07 AM by weasello » Logged

IndieElite4Eva
AdamAtomic
*BARF*
Level 9

hostess w/ the mostest

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2009, 12:14:45 PM »

So there are buckets and buckets of bars and restaurants within a few minutes walk, and there is a tiny park right by the convention center.  There is a larger park maybe 6 or 8 blocks north of there?  There are also meeting rooms you can rent downtown, I'm actually investigating the pricing on those for a similar thing for flixel, I'll try and remember to post back what I found out about the prices for those.  There are some fairly chill, open-roof bars WEST (this part is important - WEST) of Congress on 6th street, that aren't too loud and have some nice seating and views.

Also, generally speaking there is a ton of open space at Austin GDC each year, and usually people who don't have passes can actually get into the building, so depending on how long you'd like it to run you might be able to just say "meet me by the staircase on the southwest corner" or something Tongue

Buffalo Billiard's is a pretty rad place for geek meetups, especially if the upstairs is open (they have Rock Band and SF4 and pool tables and shit)

cup full of magic charisma
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic