Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411539 Posts in 69383 Topics- by 58439 Members - Latest Member: isabel.adojo

May 02, 2024, 06:13:52 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperArt (Moderator: JWK5)show us some of your pixel work
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 1637
Print
Author Topic: show us some of your pixel work  (Read 7294343 times)
DrDerekDoctors
THE ARSEHAMMER
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: May 20, 2007, 07:14:43 AM »

Man alive! Those are the kind of graphics which'd make me write a rogue-like. Tongue

Me, David Williamson and Mark Foster do an Indie Games podcast. Give it a listen. And then I'll send you an apology.
http://pigignorant.com/
Squirrelsquid
Pixelhead
Level 1

oh! you need that nut?

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 20, 2007, 12:30:07 PM »

might as well post here...

final boss of my shoot em up. needs more animations...

need to post more often here, heh.
Derek
Bastich
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: May 20, 2007, 03:46:56 PM »

Man alive! Those are the kind of graphics which'd make me write a rogue-like. Tongue

SERIOUSLY. Kiss

Man, the pixel skillz on this board are top notch!  More more more!
Shabadage
TIGSource Editor
Level 0

TIGSource Oil Worker

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 20, 2007, 03:58:54 PM »

Damn, I'm jealous of your skills guys.  I'm definately not an artist, but after years of working at it, I get by alright.  These are a bit old, but I haven't really come that far since I did them.

Jimbob
Level 3

Not a Detective

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: May 21, 2007, 01:29:59 AM »

<- Pixelled avatar!

And also so I don't come across completely as attention whore...

HERE IS A GAME I AM MAKING!

Last release: sync::routine
Robotacon
Pixelhead
Level 3

Story mode

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 21, 2007, 08:44:58 AM »

I've started working on several pixel and/or flash games but most of the time I get tired after creating an initial prototype.

Here are some sprites I've done not that long ago. If you've got a keen eye you can see that I based them on Kid Icarus.

The Samus variant was something I created after looking at Arne's 8x8 metroid redesign.
Xion
Pixelhead
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: May 25, 2007, 08:42:33 PM »

Those are awesome, robotacon! Samus especially.

Danc
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: May 28, 2007, 10:39:50 PM »

Here's a batch from 92-93 made Deluxe Paint on the Amiga. The set was for a demoscene-style music video involving bizarre animations in sync with raging techno mods.  Alas, the programmers bailed.

Huge thanks for mike for converting these over from the obscure .anim file format into .gif files.

Electric Chair: There was a frame at the end so he could start off sad, but after being electrocuted, he'd end up smiling.

A bouncing, rotating eyeball

These would sing in sync to a song. Modeled after my personal pickle collection.

Mashes mice in sync to a song.  Inspired by a Monty Python skit.

These fellow would be running happily along in a 2D Mario-esque landscape until he ran smack into a brick wall.  After the intro, the hardcore bits would kick in.

One of the centerpieces was a dancing skeleton. This was before widespread bitmap 'rotation' or hierarchical linkages.  We thought we were so L33t. I was immensely proud of the headbanging action.

He'd whistle happily and then a little hand would come up and pluck off portions of his body.

Good memories,
Danc.

Spry Fox, Lostgarden
PoV
Level 5

Click on the eye and something might happen..maybe

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: May 29, 2007, 03:54:31 AM »

I've been avoiding posting in this thread, because I really hadn't touched "pixels" in what seems like ages.  But other people are posting "old stuff", so why not.

I do have some old early/mid 90's pixel art (C64), but it's probably not good as I was still in grade school.  I think I spent more time playing with pixels those days, than drawing on paper (except for those times when I was pixeling on graph paper :D).  Currently they sit in storage rotting on some floppies.  Sad

So instead, I have my "oldskool Pixelation forum" stuffs.  My apologies for the seemingly random sizes.

2001:

2002:

2003:
« Last Edit: April 04, 2009, 02:49:08 PM by PoV » Logged

Mike Kasprzak | Sykhronics Entertainment - Smiles (HD), PuffBOMB, towlr, Ludum Dare - Blog
GP Lackey
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 29, 2007, 08:27:34 AM »

Ha ha, PoV, for some reason it didn't sink in that you were you until now.
PoV
Level 5

Click on the eye and something might happen..maybe

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: May 29, 2007, 03:30:07 PM »

It also doesn't help that I was still going by my BBS handle "DrAGON MaX" then.  Smiley

Mike Kasprzak | Sykhronics Entertainment - Smiles (HD), PuffBOMB, towlr, Ludum Dare - Blog
Guert
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: May 29, 2007, 04:34:00 PM »

Great work guys!
I like the mouse bashing animation! I love the python sketch so it's hard not to enjoy this gif! Wink

Outer God
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 04, 2007, 09:05:20 PM »

wow...some real skills here.  perhaps i outta have a go at pixel art.  then again...
sega
Genesis
Level 2

I superdig

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: June 08, 2007, 04:21:49 PM »

Here's something I did for a game I never released (pretty unpolished, I know, but I just wanted to get the basic look):

Derek
Bastich
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: June 08, 2007, 04:28:32 PM »

Whoa, man, I love it!  Great style.

Also:

"SEGAAAAAAAAA" Wink
Guert
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: June 08, 2007, 04:49:58 PM »

I agree!
Now, I have a picture of that walking zombie turning around and yell out a big "Seega" and attack the poor man... (love that dead tounge (spelling??) Wink )

Good work!

sega
Genesis
Level 2

I superdig

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: June 08, 2007, 05:07:10 PM »

Hahah thanks.  And Derek, I saved your wiener-bread animation what seems like a long while back.  I didn't think I'd ever know who made it.  You've done some good work.  Great job on the monkeys.

Guert, I downloaded your motocross game just last week.  I thought the pixel art was good, and it was the main reason I wanted to check the game out.  And for those of you who think I pirated it, check out the developer's website here to download the GBA game for free.  It's nice to see you here as well, Guert.

Oh, and I'm excited to show you guys the pixel art for my next game.  It's due out in 3 months, and I'm doing all of the art for it.  I'll post screenshots when it's done.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2007, 05:10:29 PM by sega » Logged

Alex May
...is probably drunk right now.
Level 10

hen hao wan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: June 08, 2007, 05:22:08 PM »

How could anyone do this!

sega
Genesis
Level 2

I superdig

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: June 08, 2007, 05:26:58 PM »

How could anyone do this!

Do what?  You've done pixel art yourself!  (good animations at that!)  I'm confused.

Alex May
...is probably drunk right now.
Level 10

hen hao wan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: June 08, 2007, 06:25:58 PM »

I was quoting Typing Of The Dead, a SEGA game which features a lot of zombies Smiley I drew a connection!  Kiss

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 1637
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic