Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411526 Posts in 69381 Topics- by 58437 Members - Latest Member: isabel.adojo

May 02, 2024, 06:56:01 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralAnyone remember SimCopter?
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Anyone remember SimCopter?  (Read 3596 times)
Saladan0
Level 1

I am so Indie I beat Diamond Rider on Legendary.

View Profile
« on: June 24, 2008, 11:38:43 PM »

I just recently remembered about this game and it sent with it a wave of nostalgia which forced me to download this game again. This was probably one of the funnest sims ive ever played (except for maybe SimTower (Also a game I started playing again)) and I was wondering if anyone else played it here?

Id post a link to DL it, but im not sure if thats bad or not even though this game was released in 1996. I hope I wont be the only one plowing copters into trains for the rest of the week.

So post your stories or comments about this wonderfull game!
reetva
Level 5

Bee dee bai do beeeee

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2008, 11:47:48 PM »

I never played this, but I played a game that simulated a toy helicopter. Next time, I think I'll just go out and get a real one.

Cool lookin' game, though. Gameplay-wise, that is. The graphics don't quite meet the standards of modern games.  Wink

Hello!  I am here to boogie.  Shall we?
Türbo Bröther
Fidget Crooner
Pixelhead
Level 10

Rockin' it inside out

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2008, 11:54:18 PM »

All I remember about SimCopter is the queers. That's it.
Don Andy
Level 10

Andreas Kämper, Dandy, Tophat Andy

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2008, 12:56:03 AM »

Hell yeah, that was like THE game in my early youth. And it was weird as hell, too.

When you enabled the cheat for faster flying/walking, you transformed into a dog when walking fast  WTF

Maybe I'll play it again, too, but I fear it'd be a case of remembering a game as better than it actually is xD
Hideous
That's cool.
Level 10

3D models are the best

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2008, 01:44:44 AM »

I remember I used to play the demo all the time. I loved it :D

I should get this again.

increpare
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2008, 03:36:45 AM »

Also played the demo a reasonable amount.  It was certainly diverting, though I didn't get too much into it.
Cheater‽
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2008, 07:14:08 AM »

I loved the demo. I should try finding this again.
lowpoly
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2008, 12:05:26 PM »

played the hell out of this game, good times. The weird gibberish language they spoke and hitting cars with the water cannon and getting money for washing people's cars... such a weird but fun little game.

Xotes
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2008, 01:01:25 PM »

Oh, the hours of my childhood I whittled away with this baby... I never did manage to beat it, though.

“I have brought you T, Master. It took quite a lot of searching on your Galaxy’s non-holographic communications network, but no man is beyond the reach of a Sith.”

Meanwhile, poor Mr. T was left to hang upside down in the middle of the room, informing us that we were both fools, to be pitied.
Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2008, 01:08:48 PM »

I really hope this'll work on Vista.

Miya
Level 0

Wtf was that?

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2008, 10:01:14 PM »

Sim Ant was my fave.
McAndrews
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2008, 02:22:38 PM »

Oh my glory days of Simcopter.  Good times...good times.  There was nothing like just becoming a crazed helicopter maniac and picking up people from fires to save them, then flying off, dragging them through the skies screaming in sim gibberish, only to hit the release cable button to send them to their doom. 
Years later the fun I had with this game rivals my brief experiences with GTA4 at a friends house.  For some reason, the game would never allow me to save, which kept me from getting enough money through missions to get upgrades for helicopters or to make it to new cities, so I had to spend my time causing havoc.  And the cheats were really really strange, but it only fit the overall mood of the game. 
Suddenly I'm remembering all of its resemblances to GTA, like the radio stations.  Any one else remember any similarities to point out?     
the_redstar_swl
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2008, 01:46:29 PM »

If I remember right, People would start shooting at your helicopter if you shouted at them with your megaphone.
Krux
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2008, 04:40:50 PM »

I think sim City 2000 was the best, maybe it is because i had only that one. A few weeks ago i tried Sim City again, but with disasters. Do you know, that there is a Super Man, who fight aganst the Monster as soon as it apperas?
Don Andy
Level 10

Andreas Kämper, Dandy, Tophat Andy

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2008, 12:10:48 AM »

I think sim City 2000 was the best, maybe it is because i had only that one. A few weeks ago i tried Sim City again, but with disasters. Do you know, that there is a Super Man, who fight aganst the Monster as soon as it apperas?

If I recall that right you could actually use your cities from Sim City 2000 as your "playground" in Sim Copter.
Etaoin Shirdlu
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2008, 09:08:17 AM »

If I recall that right you could actually use your cities from Sim City 2000 as your "playground" in Sim Copter.

You recall correctly!

Man, I used to love this game. I wonder if I still have the disc? There was nothing that felt more badass than airlifting people off a runaway train.
I remember hearing about the gay sims easter egg in it, but was never able to get it to work. I'm pretty sure I had the unpatched version... Sad
Jrsquee
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2008, 09:38:49 AM »

I remember seeing this in the store!  It looked way cool to my youthful eyes, but I was never able to play it.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic