Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411592 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58444 Members - Latest Member: FightingFoxGame

May 07, 2024, 08:09:48 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralmy hidden pain
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: my hidden pain  (Read 2259 times)
Pfotegeist
« on: September 07, 2021, 05:05:44 AM »

michaelplzno
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2021, 04:02:56 PM »

I read "A Brief History of Time" when I was much younger, it was really well written and a fun read.

Pfotegeist
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2021, 06:19:20 PM »

I was thinking about him frequently around the time he died, pretty much every day I played Space Station 13. The account name I made was almost a direct tribute.

I decided to look up his Wikipedia article after being recommended this video. He didn't predict Lovecraftian emanations of alien life in the far flung future like I have recently, but he was concerned about aliens looting Earth, like humans might. Just going by the article he liked ai, but disliked becoming subservient to it, allowing it to invent everything without our input.  He'd support non-authoritative [n]ai for sure.
michaelplzno
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2021, 06:31:19 PM »

As much as I love rigorous science, without some kind of humanity it will be impossible to find alien life, or as I've discussed AI life. Life is much more complex than just scientific rigor. Even if aliens lived among us on earth, no one would know or care. How much do we know about our neighbors? How much do we even know about the ones we love? It wouldn't be too much of a stretch to find out that there are people who are quite strange living in the very same world we are but who would know about all that when people barely scratch the surface before they assume they know everything about someone. I mean, have you been on dating apps? People are willing to judge someone they might end up getting married to in about .5 seconds.

Pfotegeist
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2021, 05:00:20 AM »

Here's an idea about invention in a universe where everything already exists. If an ai never actually tells us how things work, then that would leave inventors and theorists with something to occupy their minds, to the point where they are in a state of flow, not quite understanding but working at their own level.

In a video I watched someone, I don't want to misquote, who talked about children's need to be guided through education, and that's where I believe a culture of video games easily fits the mold.

Put the two together, and you can play challenging video games, that guide you, and won't let you progress until you display a good deal of understanding of any given minutiae. Although someone may never accurately declare themself an inventor, they can be the first human that understood something new, and the ones that follow can get honorable mentions.  That is a game with a never ending leader board.

I also think the entertainment value of games should never be underestimated, so that is merely one real-world possibility for "what if we already know everything".
LiamoBe
Level 0

Im Liam! And i am a Conten Creator. How about you?

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2021, 05:27:56 AM »

Stephen Hawkins lookin bussin bussin

Liam Beran
Pfotegeist
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2021, 06:25:01 AM »

My theory of individual time suggests the local time of every star can be relatively similar, but it and all orbiting mass will be in a different scope of time based on its distance from all other matter in the universe.

I look up center of universe. No answer.

Can anyone guess where I'm going with this?

We could have seen Oumanuma slow down when it entered the star system. I haven't seen anything suggest this is the case. Aside, we have zero evidence suggesting it was from the local galaxy.

With a sensitive enough measurement we know the difference between its change in velocity entering and exiting.

If those two conditions are met we'd have a rough estimate how much gravity affects time, because we know where the approximate center of the galaxy is.

Another interesting fact is chunks of rock like this can easily carry something like a tardigrade. So, even if panspermia resists a new microogranism seeding our planets, it may have truly alien life.

I'd be interested in a solution with and without dark matter factored in.

I doubt we can predict the center of the universe from this alone, but that was what got me thinking.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2021, 08:42:44 AM by Pfotegeist » Logged
Pfotegeist
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2021, 11:46:36 AM »

Is Stephen Hawking playing us? That'd be pretty cool. He never claimed the Nobel prize after an image of the first black hole. I've never been able to put his name and any implication he is really gone together in the same sentence for some reason.

I'd really like to see him debunk my ideas now that they're out. I'll just take a few days to research more about him, this is very interesting.

Hopefully this doesn't get received poorly because this was when I dived into programming the entire year, and my initial response to hearing the news wasn't really all that normal, to say the least.

Huizinga identifies 5 characteristics that play must have:[7]

Play is free, is in fact freedom.
    Play is not "ordinary" or "real" life.
    Play is distinct from "ordinary" life both as to locality and duration.
    Play creates order, is order. Play demands order absolute and supreme.
    Play is connected with no material interest, and no profit can be gained from it.

Excuse me I think I need to read some of the stuff I wrote too. This could explain things.

Abstract games are more common than we think.  A type of abstract reality game is known as ritual. People use actions to acknowledge they're playing, entering the game. Exit actions aren't always available. Something with an entry and no exit is terrible game design.

My friend, player A has a problem. He's entered a reality game with player B.

So I read or see a video about actions by player A, player A is famous in a way... "Being player A" is practically a ritual. Every moral action player A takes is penalized, and an action taken by player B isn't.  So the question becomes how does player A end the game? Of course, taking zero actions is always an option.

are you ok?

I'm probably not in the best condition yet. I'm just examining thoughts that I don't remember having now.

So far the moral dilemma is, if he's just chilling, he'll come back on his own. If he's doing an experiment, I only said I was psychic while playing Space Station 13 because I kept predicting so many things in the game. An actual video game is fairly easy to make calculating, outlandish risks in.

via Wikipedia
Hawking posed an open question on the Internet: "In a world that is in chaos politically, socially and environmentally, how can the human race sustain another 100 years?", later clarifying: "I don't know the answer. That is why I asked the question, to get people to think about it, and to be aware of the dangers we now face."

Hawking said "Philosphy is dead".  "have not kept up with modern developments in science" and that scientists "have become the bearers of the torch of discovery in our quest for knowledge"

PhilosophyxPfotegeist on May 22, 2017 "Alright I'll suggest some pre-existing things and I know that without perfect imbalance it can't work." [mindblowingly simple solution]

When you pull wisdom out your ass after practicing Philosophy that is difficult to understand four years later, it be like that. So, that part of my brain burned out or it's so numb I can't access it right now.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2021, 08:19:27 PM by Pfotegeist » Logged
Pfotegeist
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2021, 02:55:26 AM »

If he shows up now I'll assume it's a hoax. So, I guess I'll finish reading about him and deal with it.
Pfotegeist
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2021, 03:28:34 AM »

The time I spent with an injury up until the fated day, and onward I experienced an irrational, intense love for whatever I did. So now that I'm over the stages of grief, I can remember love again. I don't mean lust, there's an abundance of that all the time.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic