Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411616 Posts in 69390 Topics- by 58447 Members - Latest Member: sinsofsven

May 10, 2024, 08:45:56 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperArt (Moderator: JWK5)Please help improve the game)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Please help improve the game)  (Read 3907 times)
OvvaGames
Level 0

View Profile
« on: September 19, 2019, 11:27:54 AM »

Hello! Please help us improve our game Between Realms. We think that maybe we made some mistakes while picking the color palette for landscapes and premises. What do you think about it?

Big thanks for your support!
OvvaGames
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2019, 09:57:26 AM »

Cyrex is very important part of Between Realms plot. It’s a very powerful source of energy which, since been discovered, had changed the life of humanity. The ORUM complex, where the game action takes place, is the only place where Cyrex is mined, so the importance of this facility for the Earth inhabitants cannot be overrated. Cyrex itself plays no less important role in the game's storyline, sometimes being a helper and sometimes an enemy. What you see on the attached picture are the Cyrex cores - portable power units which will be used during the most important missions in the game. Please rate the quality of graphics on the picture and the power units design. Did we do it all right?

drkr
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2019, 06:50:48 AM »

I love your game it looks really polished. I think the problem isn't really the colour pallet (It's not crazy stylized but it works), the main issue I see is that the objects have contrast in the wrong places. It's a bit difficult to figure out where I'm meant to be looking at.
For the first image the trees stick out way too much, consider making them more pale or just a bit darker than the grass (it doesn't really make sense for dark green forest trees with dead dry grass). If the building itself is run down, make it more dusty coloured with like the rocks and ground around it. Then pick some section of the building you want to highlight and give them more colour (blue would go well with it's theme)

The third image does this great, the glow is bright and adds some colour to more washout background.

For the forth image I understand that you are trying to get us to focus on the big tower in the background but the the dark area in bottom left with the detailed structures really distracts from it. Consider making the tower or sections of it a darker colour.

Overall I just think the assets need to blend a bit better together and choose carefully as to where you add contrast.
Dispite that everything here looks extremely high quality, nice job.

OvvaGames
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2019, 05:36:06 AM »

Overall I just think the assets need to blend a bit better together and choose carefully as to where you add contrast.
Dispite that everything here looks extremely high quality, nice job.

Thanks a lot for your feedback, dear friend! We'll consider everything you've mentioned, and will do better! Keep in touch! \m/
OvvaGames
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2019, 05:48:50 AM »

This is the Cybernet - basic enemy unit from Between Realms. The Cybernets are robots, intended to serve inhabitants of ORUM - the technological complex where the heroine finds herself during the events of the game. There are thousands of them in ORUM, but… now they are not friendly at all. Somebody reprogrammed the network that controls the Cybernets, and the robots turned into the ruthless murderers. They kill many of their former masters and are eager to kill Eve too, each time when they see her. Let me ask you, please, to evaluate the model.

OvvaGames
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2019, 10:13:33 AM »

Hello! Let me introduce to you Mr. Sam Rise - one of the characters from upcoming action/adventure game Between Realms (UE 4). Sam is the elder brother of game’s protagonist Eve, and the main driving force behind the plot. The picture you see is a frame of flashback animation that would be implemented in the game in a form of comics. How can you evaluate the character and the drawing style?

Any feedback would be very useful  Smiley

OvvaGames
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2019, 07:40:03 AM »

Hello! Let me show you the video of animated model of Miss Eve Rise from the game Between Realms. The team is now polishing the game, so any feedback will be very useful. Please tell your opinion about the model and motion.

ThemsAllTook
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2019, 06:59:04 PM »

This is all still being written in the language of promotion. If you're looking for a place to show off your work, I feel like you'd be better served by creating a Devlog thread, or maybe in Townhall if your game is close to completion.

OvvaGames
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2019, 11:06:44 PM »

This is all still being written in the language of promotion. If you're looking for a place to show off your work, I feel like you'd be better served by creating a Devlog thread, or maybe in Townhall if your game is close to completion.

Sorry, sir. Perhaps you may tell how to write the posts to make them not look like promotion? I'll create the devlog, of course.
ThemsAllTook
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2019, 07:27:33 AM »

Sorry, sir. Perhaps you may tell how to write the posts to make them not look like promotion? I'll create the devlog, of course.

It's not really a big deal, mostly just a matter of forum organization. Everything you've posted here seems pretty well polished, and isn't the sort of thing that's usually posted when seeking feedback, unless there are specific things about it that you're trying to improve. For general feedback or just getting people to see your game, you'll probably get more of the type of response you want in a devlog.

OvvaGames
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2019, 10:24:52 PM »

Everything you've posted here seems pretty well polished, and isn't the sort of thing that's usually posted when seeking feedback

But we are really seeking for feedback. The game is not completed, even not close to the final stage, and we even don't know by now, how we are going to sell it. So, the main goal we are here, is the feedback, still)
ThemsAllTook
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2019, 06:02:53 AM »

No worries, then. Keep up the good work!

OvvaGames
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2019, 06:10:35 AM »

gif картинки

Hello! Let me show you a piece of the game Between Realms that our studio Ovva Games is currently making. Earlier I’ve posted the concept art of our main heroine Eve Rise and the video of her walking animation. This time I want to introduce the in-game version of Eve and ask the community for feedback. How do you think, does the model on this screenshot look smooth enough?
OvvaGames
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2019, 11:20:53 AM »

загрузить

In this screenshot you can see our main heroine, Eve Rise, in one of ORUM’s premises. I want to ask a question about the computers on the pic: do they look natural as a part of the environment?
OvvaGames
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2019, 06:02:36 AM »

Please take a look at the new screenshot from upcoming action/adventure game Between Realms. You see Eve Rise in the ORUM’s control room destroyed by the Cybernets. We spent a lot of time creating and polishing these textures of broken windows, and now I want to ask: was our job performed well? How it seems?

picture hosting
OvvaGames
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2019, 12:19:59 AM »

выложить фото в интернет

Hello! This day is very special for me, as I’m very excited to introduce one of the most notable… well, literally “notable” characters from the game Between Realms. Meet the Juggernaut - this huge military robot who will challenge our heroine, Eve Rise, several times throughout the game.
He is a kind of boss of Between Realms - not a level boss, not a final boss, but a constant stalking nightmare.

Each battle with Juggernaut goes in its own unique way - and each time the player has to come up with a new tactics to stop him, or demolish him, or escape from him. Juggernaut is an emperor of cybernetic death machines inhabiting our little kingdom. Take a look at this deadly steell mountain and imagine your impressions if you would meet him in real life. So… how does it feel?

By the way, maybe you’d like to guess what kind of attacks he executes?

Also I have to mention that we are now on the final lap of development and will have some free time to post new content on our website - foremost videos and devlog. So, if you’re interested to watch the final polishing progress and learn additional facts about the project's development and history, please subscribe to website http://ovvagames.com/ We appreciate your support and happy to see you by our side.
OvvaGames
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2019, 06:30:46 AM »

Hello there!
Let me show you some new stuff from the game Between Realms. On this picture you can see one of the most tense moments when our heroine Eve Rise is trying to escape from a couple of aggressive Cybernets, who are simultaneously attacking her, shooting firearms. Since Eve wears the protective costume, Cybernets’ projectiles are not as dangerous for her as their hands, but she anyway has to constantly maneuver, dodging their attacks.
Almost all locations in this game were deliberately designed to make them impossible to complete without a supernatural ability that Eve acquires during one of the early stages. We called it “an attractor”. When you cast an attractor during the jump, Eve performs an additional jump that allows her to get higher and land to the place that you need for successful walkthrough. You may see how it works in Between Realms

OvvaGames
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2020, 12:34:07 PM »

Hello! Here are some news from Between Realms world. As you probably noticed, we were absent for quite long and that was because we dived very deep into game polishing. Currently we are slightly reworking the whole thing, changing some elements of gameplay, but the graphic part is completed. On this picture you can see our heroine, Eve Rise, standing among the rocks near technological facility Orum, which is the main place of the game’s events. We invite you to rate the quality of our refreshed graphics.

OvvaGames
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2020, 12:41:09 AM »

Some new stuff from the game. Please evaluate the environment.

FranksBV
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2020, 09:50:42 AM »

Hi there! First i must say that the overall look is really nice! So keep at the good work! What i can see from the last picture is that the environment looks a little flat to me. I think that like the main light source isn't there (pretty sure an artistic choice), you just get more dull colors and no shadows at all, so it looks a little odd to me. Even in a gloomy place like that you will have some soft shadows from the ambient light in the real life. So perhaps a little Ambient Occlusion? But is a really nice work!
Cheers!
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic