Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411588 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58443 Members - Latest Member: Mansreign

May 06, 2024, 12:23:20 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesYe Olde TIGSource
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Ye Olde TIGSource  (Read 2872 times)
ithamore
TIGSource Editor
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« on: July 24, 2007, 09:32:55 AM »

Restoring the lost articles of the old TIGSource is going to take a while. Sure, most of them are still accessible through the Internet Archive's Wayback Machine, but it's time for them to come back home.

If anyone would like to help out, you are gladly welcomed. There is a need for in-game screenshots: images comparable to or better than those that can be found on the games' websites. Credit will be given for any help received. If you want dibs on a game, reply to this thread with your intentions and email me the image once you've snagged it.

The next post I'm working on is for February '05. This crude html file (YOT0205.html) can be used to find the current pages of most of the games. However, for some games from abandoned websites, it will be necessary to use the archived copy of TIGSource from February '05 if the current links no longer work.

Later on, some help from the veteran editors and long time readers would be helpful to fill in the gaps that appear in October '05 and onward at the Internet Archive.

Also, the newer editors should refer to YeOldeTIGSource.txt (which contains a copy of every old post I could find) until the restoration is complete in order to avoid posting on a game once covered by the old TIGSource.

Thanks.

Please help TimW, a longtime promoter of indie gaming everywhere and an old friend of TIGSource, to write about indie games full-time.
moshboy
Level 8

i am the sick feeling in the pit of your stomach

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2007, 04:44:49 PM »

I searched for all my old articles that I posted here and found the same ones that were in your text file. Some are missing but I don't have any saved copies, although I can remember what a couple of them were written about. I know I wrote one about Street Bike Fury, Samhein and also Age of the Beast - can't find any of them though.

ithamore
TIGSource Editor
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2007, 07:26:01 AM »

moshboy:

Since you had joined at the end of October '05 and many posts are missing from the beginning of October onward, you're lucky only 3 of them are missing. If you want to write up anything new on them, let me know. Otherwise, I'll just grab description quotes from their websites.

Please help TimW, a longtime promoter of indie gaming everywhere and an old friend of TIGSource, to write about indie games full-time.
moshboy
Level 8

i am the sick feeling in the pit of your stomach

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2007, 04:20:58 AM »

Well it could possibly be more - those are just the ones I remember.

It seems pointless to write anything new on Age of the Beast since that is a WIP title anyways (and most people know about it) but I can write something new about SBF and Samhein if you like. Did you want me to e-mail them or msg them to you or something?

ithamore
TIGSource Editor
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2007, 08:52:41 AM »

"Something new about SBF and Samhein" sounds great. Either emailing it to me or PMing it to me will be fine. You could even post them in this thread if you like.

It'll be several months (or years) before I'll work on the archives for the end of 2005, so there's no rush.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2008, 01:21:06 AM by ithamore » Logged

ithamore
TIGSource Editor
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2007, 08:00:23 AM »

Sorry about the winding down of my progress on Yot. Trees tend to grow more quickly than my progress on YOT, and things will probably take longer for the foreseeable future. After finishing a post, I usually feel like I have to take a break from the archival/restoration work on YOT. It would probably be better to compare YOT to glaciers: slow and sudden.

For now, I've finished the basic formatting of the first part of March 2005, and I'm working on the links. When I'm through with testing and adding the links, I'll add the pictures and an intro shortly afterward.

I'm glad to see the number of views on this thread, which shows there are many people out there who are interested in YOT. It's rewarding to see the few who comment on the posts aren't the only ones following the project. Thanks to all of you.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2008, 01:24:21 AM by ithamore » Logged

Tr00jg
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2007, 08:15:47 AM »

I wasn't around when it wall was "lost". What happened? Why did everything get lost?
Terry
TIGSource Editor
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2007, 08:20:59 AM »

Wednesday, March 16, 2005
Mornings Wrath

Ethereal Darkness Interactive, an independent developer, has just announced that their RPG Morning’s Wrath will be entering the beta stage on March 17th.

There is currently no set release date, but this is a project that fans of the genre will probably want to keep an eye on.

(Source: Gamedev.net)

posted by Aaron H.

WTF? There was an "Ethereal Darkness Interactive"? Smiley As opposed to Darkdread's "Darkness Ethereal", I mean.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic