Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411588 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58443 Members - Latest Member: Mansreign

May 06, 2024, 07:49:48 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesKnytt Stories early release!
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Knytt Stories early release!  (Read 6793 times)
moshboy
Level 8

i am the sick feeling in the pit of your stomach

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2007, 09:54:08 PM »

I thought it was a pretty cool overall game. Some of the enemies were hard to predict but I didn't mind that so much, although it was frustrating on occasion. I just loved the way it conveyed different different moods/atmospheres.

Pacian
Text Heavy
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2007, 03:25:34 AM »

Seems to have lost some of the original's exploration and atmosphere, and the "it's too easy" complaints have been addressed by adding annoying enemies with random movement/firing patterns that take more luck than skill to get past sometimes.

Now that I've actually played it all the way through, I'm going to second this.  Funny thing: I actually found The Machine a bit boring.  I loved Knytt as an exploration-oriented relax-and-admire-the-funny-animals-em-up.  The Machine was just another platformer, admittedly with some interesting enemies and an excellent control scheme. My favourite part of the game was after you turned the machine itself off, and everything became idyllic and pleasant.

But, of course, I can't complain, because it's not The Machine, it's Knytt Stories, and there's plenty of scope for users to make their own levels however they want them to be.  I just wish there was a better way to download them than in two 30Mb packs.

(\ /)
(O.o) - Achtung, baby!
(> <)
papamook
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2007, 03:48:44 AM »

By the way, how many of you got the The Machine's secret ending? Grin

No way, there was a secret ending!? I was going to replay The Machine eventually anyway, but now I have an excuse to do it now!

Don't tell me you got to the congratulations screen and then walked over to "return", you fucking pre Mr.Anderson Neo. Tongue
Ishi
Pixelhead
Level 10

coffee&coding

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2007, 04:37:24 AM »

But, of course, I can't complain, because it's not The Machine, it's Knytt Stories, and there's plenty of scope for users to make their own levels however they want them to be.  I just wish there was a better way to download them than in two 30Mb packs.

There's some individual games you can download on the forum ( http://nifflas.ni2.se/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=74f4c19fcdfa79f8bae39ad757d98c0a&board=48.0 ) rather than getting whole packs. You go on Install Level on the main menu, then drag the .bin file into the window.

nayon
Level 5

dickfish

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2007, 04:09:10 AM »

If you guys like a hard challenge, I recommend you try my level, "Alone". It's the hardest level developed for Knytt Stories up until now. Link here:
http://nifflas.ni2.se/forum/index.php?topic=1157.0

GP Lackey
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2007, 09:06:36 AM »

Has anyone else tried making levels for this?
wourme
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2007, 05:34:48 PM »

You can find filtered lists of user-submitted Knytt Stories levels here:

http://nifflas.ni2.se/forum/index.php?board=66.0

Here's a pretty unusual one that I just tried today:

"Don't Eat the Mushroom"
http://nifflas.ni2.se/forum/index.php?topic=1451.0
Akhel
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2007, 08:11:21 AM »

I've been playing quite a few levels these days, and figured you guys could be interested in some recommendations. So, here are my favorites:

A Walk at Night
Easy, Small, Environmental
A very nice little level. Great graphics and atmosphere.

Dark Sky of Wish Mountain
Normal, Medium, Challenge
My favorite level. Awesome exploration!

Don't Eat the Mushroom
Easy, Small, Environmental
Just hilarious!

Station 07
Easy, Medium, Challenge
Neat level. Not fantastic, but pretty fun.

Cool
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic