Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411524 Posts in 69381 Topics- by 58436 Members - Latest Member: GlitchyPSI

May 01, 2024, 07:14:56 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesWhat are you playing?
Pages: 1 ... 295 296 [297] 298 299 ... 486
Print
Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 904296 times)
ink.inc
« Reply #5920 on: September 29, 2014, 09:33:44 PM »

streeeeeeeeeeeet fighgterrrrrr
Netsu
Level 10

proficient at just chillin'

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5921 on: September 30, 2014, 01:26:24 AM »

im still having a lot of fun with wasteland 2 BUT: there is a lot of unavoidable combat in this game and the combat mechanics aren't great. id say the best things about the game are the writing and the setting. its in the zany b-movie inspired style of wasteland 1 and the old fallouts, no grimdark postapocalypse cliches.

also don't go in expecting some kind of unofficial fallout remake. there are obvious parallels to FO, but WL2 is its own thing and its also very much a sequel to WL1.

I don't know, I really like the combat too. Maybe it's not great on its own, but as a part of an RPG I think it's ok. Definitely better than the combat in original Fallouts or in the new Shadowrun. Plus, there isn't really THAT much combat, usually there's around 3 encounters per hostile zone I think.
My only gripe is that 7 party members is a little over the top, it's really a crowd and hard to manage well in a fight. Would prefer the game to have a maximum of 4-5 members and be balanced around that number.

The setting is great, lots and lots of tiny touches everywhere, I wonder how much of the details I actuall miss.

SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #5922 on: September 30, 2014, 02:46:33 AM »

Picked up Donkey Kong: Tropical Freeze on the good ole Wii U. It's on sale right now. The levels feel pretty long, but not in a bad way. I've been playing in co-op, and it feels weird that you can die so often. There isn't really a penalty either. I feel like I'm missing something, but there's no "run" button. You can roll, and jump out of that for long distances. Medium range jumps require quite a bit of momentum going into them which feels off at least right now.

Did you play DKC Returns? It was the same way.

It takes a while to get used to the lack of a run button, but it makes time trials a lot of fun - conservation of momentum becomes an important part of your strategy. You'll want to look for ways to bounce of enemies to optimize when you hit the ground and need to roll again to build up your velocity, or plan out your hops so that you don't have to slow down to avoid falling in holes. Once you add in your helpers (Dixie and Cranky especially) you can do some really crazy acrobatics that look amazing to a new player but are not particularly difficult to the moderately skilled.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #5923 on: September 30, 2014, 03:00:15 AM »

wait a second, i distinctly remember dkc returns having a run button. or am i getting it mixed up with the old DKC games?

I don't know, I really like the combat too. Maybe it's not great on its own, but as a part of an RPG I think it's ok. Definitely better than the combat in original Fallouts or in the new Shadowrun. Plus, there isn't really THAT much combat, usually there's around 3 encounters per hostile zone I think.
My only gripe is that 7 party members is a little over the top, it's really a crowd and hard to manage well in a fight. Would prefer the game to have a maximum of 4-5 members and be balanced around that number.

The setting is great, lots and lots of tiny touches everywhere, I wonder how much of the details I actuall miss.

idk, i had way, way, waaaay more than 3 encounters on most of the maps i've seen so far.
Julien
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #5924 on: September 30, 2014, 03:31:47 AM »

Just restarted with SWTOR
Even if I'm not a big fan of the star wars universe and usually hates quests in mmos, the quests are really nice in this one

rj
Level 10

bad, yells

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5925 on: September 30, 2014, 09:29:33 AM »

i've been playing flower town.

flower town.

why do i love flower town so much? there's barely anything.

but flower town is love

flower town is life

i have fifty flowers

how many flowers do you have?

not that many flowers. i have more flowers than you have.

flower town is life

gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #5926 on: September 30, 2014, 05:13:17 PM »

Having a new computer and installing things on it I binge play game for one days or two until my eyeballs falls off the socket (I hadn't play game for almost more than one years)

I played darksider 1 and 2, street fighter 4, dolphin xenoblade + sonic colors + sonic unleash + sonic racing, Zelda PH emu, sonic generation, assassin's creed 1, night into dream, skyward sword

ink.inc
« Reply #5927 on: September 30, 2014, 05:34:27 PM »

fight me in usf4 gimmy
InfiniteStateMachine
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #5928 on: September 30, 2014, 05:34:54 PM »

I havent played street fighter in 3 days. I havent gone that long in a while now :X

Did play mark of the ninja though. I did not expect it to be that good. I hate stealth games but I love this game.

InfiniteStateMachine
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #5929 on: September 30, 2014, 05:35:30 PM »

gimmy too?

We should get a USF4 endless room going soon. I'm down to play wed night, fri night and pretty much the whole weekend.

Conker534
« Reply #5930 on: September 30, 2014, 05:51:55 PM »

smash demo yo

mario aint fox this is a big problemo
rj
Level 10

bad, yells

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5931 on: September 30, 2014, 05:54:50 PM »

scrub

i've been maining villager what a Wacky Guy

SolarLune
Level 10

It's been eons

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5932 on: September 30, 2014, 06:29:14 PM »

His lack of a strong smash is troubling.

His ability to drop his forward smash bowling ball straight down is excellent.

He's kind of a weird, hard to play character. I think I did my best with Mario because of his general "all-around-ness", despite wanting to be good with Villager.

gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #5933 on: September 30, 2014, 06:46:21 PM »

SF4 NOT USF4

maybe soon, but i'm very rusty, I got my ass handed off in beginner (360 pad) I was like wat da f* Cry

edit:
+ I was always bad with super, tend to go "hand to hand", still use to beat my friend until they use ultra (got to the last bit of life, I still got half my life and they just kill me with an ultra baiting), AND FUCKING GFWL eat my unlock so by my main cammy Sad

Also I worry to fight people who pluck 2000 hours in a single games, I use to only play sf or any fighting game when friend are around, which explain my lacks with special as I learn the ropes live without any training or pause time (unlike them). It's like I'm going another league above me with you guys  Epileptic

BTW my steam handle is neoshaman972 I don't know how to search for people or add them, didn't use steam for multi that much
« Last Edit: September 30, 2014, 06:53:15 PM by Gimym JIMBERT » Logged

Conker534
« Reply #5934 on: September 30, 2014, 07:31:07 PM »

His lack of a strong smash is troubling.

His ability to drop his forward smash bowling ball straight down is excellent.

He's kind of a weird, hard to play character. I think I did my best with Mario because of his general "all-around-ness", despite wanting to be good with Villager.
Marios my dude until I get the full game. I could get a sense of the games rules and boundaries the best with him
Praying Mantis
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #5935 on: October 01, 2014, 04:17:05 AM »

Lisa, a short freeware game from Itch.io. This game is gorgeous as hell and the controls are great. It's one of those gameplay experiences that just immediately clicks. The colour, the animations, the music; it's all so comforting. This is the kind of thing that I would love to see made into a fully fledged game. If a short freeware game can be this fantastic, imagine what a full-length retail version would be like? I'm in awe.

Also I've been maining Link in the Smash demo, just 1v1ing the cpu on Final Destination mode. Really loving the fighting mechanics so far, and damn this AI is smart as hell compared to the previous games. If I play anything higher than a lvl 7 I get my ass beat. I was getting hand cramps when I started playing on my XL, but I recently put a soft silicone shell on my 3DS and I find the extra thickness helps make the game easier to play. I was on the fence before but I now I'm definitely going to get this game when it releases here. Even if online isn't that great I'm content to just fight the AI because it's so damn good (never thought I'd say that about a fighting game).
« Last Edit: October 01, 2014, 04:29:07 AM by Praying Mantis » Logged
st33d
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5936 on: October 01, 2014, 07:50:20 AM »

This is actually far better than I remember it being.

The fact that the health system is exactly like American Health Care is amazingly brutal. No money? Fuck you, you can't heal yourself. Really makes you wonder whether you can afford those shiny new shotguns.
InfiniteStateMachine
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #5937 on: October 01, 2014, 09:57:15 AM »

SF4 NOT USF4

maybe soon, but i'm very rusty, I got my ass handed off in beginner (360 pad) I was like wat da f* Cry

edit:
+ I was always bad with super, tend to go "hand to hand", still use to beat my friend until they use ultra (got to the last bit of life, I still got half my life and they just kill me with an ultra baiting), AND FUCKING GFWL eat my unlock so by my main cammy Sad

Also I worry to fight people who pluck 2000 hours in a single games, I use to only play sf or any fighting game when friend are around, which explain my lacks with special as I learn the ropes live without any training or pause time (unlike them). It's like I'm going another league above me with you guys  Epileptic

BTW my steam handle is neoshaman972 I don't know how to search for people or add them, didn't use steam for multi that much

SF4 because that's what you currently have or because you prefer it? If it's a preference issue you can choose which edition of character you want to use in USF4.

Also even with 2000 hours someone can still not do well with a character they don't know how to use. Case in point, me using Able or Dhalsim :| I don't have 2000 hours though..... Maybe 1000...

jolene
« Reply #5938 on: October 01, 2014, 03:15:40 PM »

somehow i have wasteland 2 cos i guess i backed it long time ago when i had money and it seems like a bad game or im just uninterested from playing it for like 30 min. ill try it again when i have nothing to do
Gagz9k
Level 0

Part of LudunPactum

View Profile
« Reply #5939 on: October 01, 2014, 04:09:56 PM »

Today I start Shadow of Mordor, so far so good. If you like Batman Arkham series or enjoy the traveling/running in games like Assassin-s Creed this game should be on your list.

Pages: 1 ... 295 296 [297] 298 299 ... 486
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic