Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411574 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58444 Members - Latest Member: darkcitien

May 04, 2024, 04:55:55 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsTIGJam UK3!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10
Print
Author Topic: TIGJam UK3!  (Read 47224 times)
bento_smile
« Reply #60 on: May 05, 2010, 04:05:38 AM »

10 tickets sold now! ^o^ Wooo!
Stormcloud
Level 0

I like pretty colours. I can't help it.

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 05, 2010, 04:28:12 AM »

Hello everyone.

I've been lurking on these forums for quite a while now, and it's time I started contributing.

I've actually been in the games industry for a while, but I want to make some simple games of my own. I have a laptop and an extremely unfinished 2D games engine, and I'd like to come along to the 'Jam and talk to like-minded fellows, see how you do the things you do, etc... and actually make some games (even if they're pretty rough and ready, having to focus on actually finishing something will be good discipline!)

So... looking forward to meeting you all in a month!

All the best,

S

Nora Shishi
Level 0

Independent game developer from Japan.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: May 05, 2010, 04:49:19 AM »

Wow! what a cute logo!

A crazy game generator made in japan.
http://twitter.com/noragames
Stormcloud
Level 0

I like pretty colours. I can't help it.

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 05, 2010, 05:00:24 AM »

That'll teach me to make a first post in an active forum.  Smiley
ColossusEntertainment
Level 1

Royal Leamington Spa, UK

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 06, 2010, 04:28:09 AM »

I've booked now as well - looking forward to my first Jam in years  Grin
Fauxfox
Level 0

Never knows best!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: May 07, 2010, 02:09:10 AM »

I'm living far south train tickets arnt cheap to Cambridge... hmmmm plotting.. plotting ...

bento_smile
« Reply #66 on: May 07, 2010, 04:47:27 AM »

Btw~ is anyone interested in going for some Japanese food one day? (Probably the Saturday.) Reason I ask is 'cos the restaurant gets busy and I'd have to book XD
snowyowl
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 07, 2010, 11:26:47 AM »

I think I can make it... I'll check.
davidude
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 07, 2010, 12:25:41 PM »

Hello!

I live in cambridge... (well I study here) and will defo be coming along as its just after my exams. I'll probably sleep in my normal house though, if any sleeping is to be done. If you need any cambridge related errands/research doing I'd be happy to help. Is there anything else I need to know? (I haven't done anything like this before!)
Bennett
Jinky Jonky and the Spell of the Advergamez 3
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 07, 2010, 12:58:31 PM »

I'll try to come down if I manage to get clearance to enter the country by then, but it's not clear that I will.

You should invite Jeff Minter! He's the last active remnant of the original UK 8-bit indie games movement. (I mean, the last one who is still making indie games)

increpare
« Reply #70 on: May 07, 2010, 01:12:55 PM »

You should invite Jeff Minter! He's the last active remnant of the original UK 8-bit indie games movement. (I mean, the last one who is still making indie games)
That would be cool.  I didn't know he lived in the uk (Wales, actually).
BorisTheBrave
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: May 08, 2010, 02:23:12 AM »

We make it sound more like a proper convention, with guest speakers etc? I like jamming, but it'd be good to punctuate the weekend with other activities.
MurrayL
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: May 08, 2010, 04:40:16 AM »

Hey guys;

Like the other chap who posted further up, I'm a lurker who has decided to register at last.
I'm moving in to Cambridge for a year as a work placement, but I'm not sure if I'll be around in time for the Jam.

Can anyone give me a paragraph or so describing what the Jam is all about? It might convince me to buy a ticket and move in a week early.
increpare
« Reply #73 on: May 08, 2010, 05:04:56 AM »

Can anyone give me a paragraph or so describing what the Jam is all about? It might convince me to buy a ticket and move in a week early.
People get together to hang around for a weekend and make games together in a friendly atmosphere.  Prior experience isn't a pre-requisite, so long as you're willing to get involved.  Traditionally in UK there have been a lot of 3/4 hour jams, but plenty of people skip some/all of them and work on other stuff/eat/chat. 

Info about the last one can be found here and here.
Bennett
Jinky Jonky and the Spell of the Advergamez 3
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 08, 2010, 05:43:29 AM »

We make it sound more like a proper convention, with guest speakers etc? I like jamming, but it'd be good to punctuate the weekend with other activities.

I was more suggesting just inviting him to come up and jam. Why not? He just writes games with his significant other, it's not like there's a big organization of people.
Hayden Scott-Baron
Level 10

also known as 'Dock'

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: May 08, 2010, 06:31:00 AM »

I don't think we need to make it into a convention. We don't have the venue for it, for starters. There are plenty of events for talks and all of that.

twitter: @docky
Don Andy
Level 10

Andreas Kämper, Dandy, Tophat Andy

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 08, 2010, 06:37:30 AM »

Like World of Love, which happens in the same month even.
bento_smile
« Reply #77 on: May 08, 2010, 07:03:18 AM »

Jeff Minter is welcome to come if he wants... but I'm not into the idea of a formal invite. Smiley All are welcome, if they want to be!
Don Andy
Level 10

Andreas Kämper, Dandy, Tophat Andy

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 08, 2010, 07:13:21 AM »

God I'm still so torn between this and World of Love. I can't afford to go to both and I really want to go to a proper convention for this kinda stuff once, but I also really enjoyed the last time in CB2 and would love to do that again.

Decisions, decisions.
Ishi
Pixelhead
Level 10

coffee&coding

View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: May 08, 2010, 07:28:56 AM »

Gotta ask yourself: does World of Love have spicy chips and three kinds of burger?

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic