Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411573 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58444 Members - Latest Member: darkcitien

May 04, 2024, 12:39:27 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsTIGJam UK3!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10
Print
Author Topic: TIGJam UK3!  (Read 47221 times)
increpare
« Reply #80 on: May 08, 2010, 08:50:43 AM »

I was more suggesting just inviting him to come up and jam. Why not? He just writes games with his significant other, it's not like there's a big organization of people.
I dropped 'em a mail.
Don Andy
Level 10

Andreas Kämper, Dandy, Tophat Andy

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 08, 2010, 08:51:35 AM »

Gotta ask yourself: does World of Love have spicy chips and three kinds of burger?

You're really not making this any easier for me.
Hideous
That's cool.
Level 10

3D models are the best

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: May 08, 2010, 08:53:57 AM »

Does it have Caramel and Vanilla milkshakes?

bento_smile
« Reply #83 on: May 10, 2010, 04:26:42 AM »

A bit less than a month to go, so don't forget to buy a ticket you guys!  Grin

(I mean, we won't be lonely if you don't, as we're currently at 18 people. The only lonely ones are the people who don't come to the jam!)
LeFishy
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: May 10, 2010, 11:26:34 AM »

Blergh the fear of a student financeless summer is bearing down on me like a giant... debt.

Not sure if I'll actually be able to make this one without prospective employment on the horizon. Fingers remain crossed.
Hayden Scott-Baron
Level 10

also known as 'Dock'

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: May 10, 2010, 11:42:57 PM »

Blergh the fear of a student financeless summer is bearing down on me like a giant... debt.
Not sure if I'll actually be able to make this one without prospective employment on the horizon. Fingers remain crossed.
Good luck lefishy! It would be great to have you back again!

I'm really looking forward to this tigjam! Smiley

twitter: @docky
revulsion
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 11, 2010, 01:34:44 AM »

Hi guys!!

I'm new to the forums, the scene and Jams altogether! I hope I can at least be of some help (or at very least not get in anyone's way) I am a Game development student atm and although my skills aren't vast I know a little. Either way I am super stoked to be attending my first event and meet some other people that love making games too! I just booked in my time off work, my ticket and my accommodation at the recommended hostel. Can't wait for this see you all there.

P.S. For anyone interested in staying in that hostel I spoke to the guy on the phone and he said there weren't many beds left for that weekend so get in fast. He also said it is cheaper to book online than it is to call up and book (what an age we live in?!)
Terry
TIGSource Editor
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #87 on: May 11, 2010, 02:45:49 AM »

Welcome! Smiley

P.S. For anyone interested in staying in that hostel I spoke to the guy on the phone and he said there weren't many beds left for that weekend so get in fast. He also said it is cheaper to book online than it is to call up and book (what an age we live in?!)

Yeah, anyone planning to stay at that hostel should start organising immediately... Somebody start a thread!

Don Andy
Level 10

Andreas Kämper, Dandy, Tophat Andy

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 11, 2010, 04:14:34 AM »

I guess that makes the whole thing easier for me, since I only really can decide on short notice. World of Love it is!
increpare
« Reply #89 on: May 11, 2010, 04:20:09 AM »

AAH HOSTEL.  Hostel?  Anyone?
Jonathan Whiting
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #90 on: May 11, 2010, 04:59:36 AM »

Hostel sounds good to me, if it's definitely worth booking in a group let's do that (somehow), but otherwise I guess I'll just book myself at some point soon.

Any idea how many we'd need to make a group booking worthwhile?

ColossusEntertainment
Level 1

Royal Leamington Spa, UK

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 11, 2010, 06:12:50 AM »

I'm up for the group booking of hostel as well :-) I don't know how many we need to be to make a group booking, but they seem to have rooms with various number of beds:
02 rooms with 08 beds
04 rooms with 06 beds
01 room with 05 beds
08 rooms with 04 beds
01 room with 03 beds
10 rooms with 02 beds
« Last Edit: May 11, 2010, 06:20:47 AM by Mattias Gustavsson » Logged
revulsion
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 11, 2010, 08:05:41 AM »

Well...At this point I'm out for a group booking only because I have already made a single booking. The way the guy sounded when I called him was that there were quiet a number of single bookings so perhaps a group might not be possible, but I don't work there of course so probably best to call him and find out if its possible if that's way people want to go. In any case it is a hostel after all so if everyone makes single bookings its not like we wont be able to hang out in the common room and if there are 18 of us we are almost certain to share a room with at least one other tigger!
Lemming
Level 2

victim of gravity

View Profile WWW
« Reply #93 on: May 11, 2010, 09:21:33 AM »

Me and Jad are probabliest up for a group room! Grin

increpare
« Reply #94 on: May 11, 2010, 09:51:01 AM »

Me and Jad are probabliest up for a group room! Grin

lemming jad mattias jonathan + me = 5.

anyone else?  I'd say we give it 48 hours, and then try book.
Draknek
Level 6

"Alan Hazelden" for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #95 on: May 11, 2010, 10:13:51 AM »

Me too. I can't find any information about group discounts online; I might phone them up tomorrow to see how it works.

Last time IIRC some people signed up after the initial booking so I guess it's flexible.

LeFishy
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #96 on: May 11, 2010, 10:16:12 AM »

I'll be a hosteller.
increpare
« Reply #97 on: May 11, 2010, 10:45:12 AM »

lemming jad mattias jonathan increpare draknek lefishy = 7
Robert Swan
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #98 on: May 12, 2010, 05:27:54 AM »

I'd be interested in the group booking as well. Just to confirm though - the group booking would be for three nights (which is what I want) - Fri 4th, Sat 5th, and Sun 6th nights?

Cheers,
Rob

Alex May
...is probably drunk right now.
Level 10

hen hao wan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #99 on: May 12, 2010, 06:10:16 AM »

I found the guys at the hostel were really good with booking alteration - so book it now for the current guest list and then you can phone them up and amend it later.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic