Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411679 Posts in 69399 Topics- by 58453 Members - Latest Member: Arktitus

May 17, 2024, 10:26:41 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesMachinarium: pre-order + bonus
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Machinarium: pre-order + bonus  (Read 1606 times)
GregWS
Level 10

a module, repeatable in any direction and rotation

View Profile
« on: July 05, 2009, 12:08:09 PM »

Hey, so I'm sure I'm not the only one really exited for Amanita Design's Machinarium.  They've started taking pre-orders, and if you pre-order now for $17 USD, you also get 5 hi-res images and 5 MP3s.  I figure this is one of those few games that is practically guaranteed to be good, so pre-ordering is probably a safe bet.
http://www.machinarium.com/preorder.html

I haven't yet, but probably will later today.  Anybody pre-ordered yet?  Opinions on the bonus graphics/music?
esc
Level 3

BAM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2009, 01:46:11 PM »

Don't know if it will run on my computer yet, since they haven't given out recommended specs.
It's also nice of them to include a mac version.

Eclipse
Level 10

0xDEADC0DE

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2009, 01:47:53 PM »

Don't know if it will run on my computer yet, since they haven't given out recommended specs.
It's also nice of them to include a mac version.

I think it uses flash

<Powergloved_Andy> I once fapped to Dora the Explorer
Mike Lee
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2009, 11:09:56 PM »

I think it uses flash

That is correct. It should run decently on any decent rig.
Eclipse
Level 10

0xDEADC0DE

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2009, 01:31:05 AM »

this is also why i'm not sure about the quality of the game. It will be surely awesome on an artistic point of view, but the previous games where all like "click on the screen until you find an interactive spot", almost without any real puzzle, and a 20$ pricetag is too much for my tastes for a game that will play like that

<Powergloved_Andy> I once fapped to Dora the Explorer
Levin
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2009, 07:59:29 AM »

this is also why i'm not sure about the quality of the game. It will be surely awesome on an artistic point of view, but the previous games where all like "click on the screen until you find an interactive spot", almost without any real puzzle, and a 20$ pricetag is too much for my tastes for a game that will play like that

Dvòrsky told me that, unlike Samorost, puzzles will be more logical. Hope that it will be true Smiley
Anthony Flack
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2009, 01:08:46 PM »

From what I saw at the IGF that looked to be true. It's still hotspot-based but the puzzles seem to be more involved and the game appears to be a lot less linear.

I was only having little peeks though, because I didn't want to spoil it for myself.

Currently in development: Cletus Clay
GregWS
Level 10

a module, repeatable in any direction and rotation

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2009, 05:10:32 PM »

Well, I preordered, and the music is very very atmospheric.  I love the visuals, anyway, so regardless of the puzzling, the game will definitely be very atmospheric, and that's what I care about, so.

Also, it seems that by pre-ordering you get the whole soundtrack when the game comes out, which is something I definitely do care about (and from what I can tell, you don't just get the soundtrack when you buy the game the normal way).
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic