Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411679 Posts in 69399 Topics- by 58453 Members - Latest Member: Arktitus

May 17, 2024, 09:56:56 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesindie tabletop rpgs
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: indie tabletop rpgs  (Read 1513 times)
george
Level 7

View Profile
« on: July 11, 2009, 10:34:17 PM »

I did some looking around, but I didn't find a good topic to put this in. I just felt compelled to link to these beautiful (tabletop) rpgs:

This game designer, John Harper, has been making several games he calls quick-play or mini-games lately, I think their design is very cool. They much inherit the contemporary indie RPG style but their presentation is somewhat new to my eyes.

Of course there are many other indie tabletop RPGs, or sometimes called story games, out there as well. http://www.story-games.com/forums/ is a good place to start. I own some of them and, while they are a little more effort to play with getting a game group going, they're worth checking out too.

It seems to me that these games, while sometimes quite short or narrow in scope, explore a wide range of themes, human emotions and behaviors...electronic versions of some of these games would be pretty interesting.  Grin
Shade Jackrabbit
Level 10

TIME RANGER

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2009, 11:47:23 AM »

Wow, those look great. Nice find.

Oh, and they're even in nice little PDFs! All ready to be printed!

...now I just need to convince people to play them.

["Thread Reader" - Read a thread.]
Chrissketch
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2009, 11:52:33 AM »

I hear nothing but good things about My Life with Master.

And I'm going to try to convince my casual DnD group to give Doom and Cookies a try.
Akhel
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2009, 05:22:09 AM »

These look terrific, george, particularly GHOST/ECHO. I've also been dying to play Dogs in the Vineyard. Unfortunately, all my friends who like RPG care only about the hacking and the slashing Tired
george
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2009, 06:32:59 AM »

These look terrific, george, particularly GHOST/ECHO. I've also been dying to play Dogs in the Vineyard.

I'd also recommend looking at Vincent Baker's In a Wicked Age then. It may be a good fit between hack and slash and DiTV style play. It's an amazing game on its own of course.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic