Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411676 Posts in 69399 Topics- by 58453 Members - Latest Member: Arktitus

May 17, 2024, 08:21:40 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGames0 A.D: a free, cross-platform, under-development, 3D, historically-based, era
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: 0 A.D: a free, cross-platform, under-development, 3D, historically-based, era  (Read 2248 times)
lansing
Level 2

View Profile
« on: July 15, 2009, 03:26:56 AM »

http://os.wildfiregames.com/

« Last Edit: July 15, 2009, 02:58:47 PM by Melly » Logged
William Broom
Level 10

formerly chutup

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2009, 03:42:16 AM »

This looks really awesome!

skaldicpoet9
Level 10

"The length of my life was fated long ago "

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2009, 04:02:40 AM »

Yeah, I have been keeping up on this one off an on for sometime now. They are taking their sweet time with it (which is good) but I assume it'll be out sometime in the next year or so. I think these guys have been working on this for like the past 5-ish years.

\\\\\\\"Fearlessness is better than a faint heart for any man who puts his nose out of doors. The date of my death and length of my life were fated long ago.\\\\\\\"
Eclipse
Level 10

0xDEADC0DE

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2009, 04:14:57 AM »

this game is under development from the times of the ancient romans

<Powergloved_Andy> I once fapped to Dora the Explorer
Iamthejuggler
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2009, 04:16:56 AM »

The original concept was a science fiction imagining of how wars would be fought in the future.
Danmark
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2009, 05:46:36 AM »

Seen it on Gametrailers and GameDev a few times, and I thought it looked like a cool game. But it being free and open-source is news to me. Incredible.
george
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2009, 06:31:36 AM »

Those skirmishers sure carry a lot of javelins.

Cheater‽
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2009, 10:54:34 AM »

Astounding, I say!  My Word!
Aquin
Level 10

Aquin is over here.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2009, 11:23:08 AM »

Woah.  Cool beans  Shocked

I'd write a devlog about my current game, but I'm too busy making it.
OMGAlec
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2009, 02:44:42 PM »

I stumbled onto this the other day.  I don't know much about the gameplay, but I've loved this era for RTSes since I played Age of Empires way back when.

I like the direction they're heading too.  Also turbo cool that they've open-sourced it and the art assets are CC-by-SA

I want to be a [programmer; designer; photographer; musician; writer] but all I am is -me-
Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2009, 02:56:16 PM »

Those skirmishers sure carry a lot of javelins.

You apparently aren't familiar with the concept of Invisible Dimensional Storage Pockets of Convenience, or IDSPC for short.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2009, 02:59:17 PM by Melly » Logged

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
OMGAlec
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2009, 03:20:54 PM »

You apparently aren't familiar with the concept of Invisible Dimensional Storage Pockets of Convenience, or IDSPC for short.

Pfft, everyone knows all RTS units are issued Bags of Holding.

I want to be a [programmer; designer; photographer; musician; writer] but all I am is -me-
Syrion
Level 9

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2009, 03:28:38 PM »

From the trailer it looks pretty much like Age of Empires 2 with cool 3D graphics. I guess that's pretty good, but I'm not sure if I'd be interested in a rather standard RTS like that.
Anyway, the production quality looks quite outstanding for a free indie game, so I'm certainly looking forward to it Smiley

Ikiki Games Gallery - Nikujin & Co., the collected works featured in full-motion colour video!
Shade Jackrabbit
Level 10

TIME RANGER

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2009, 03:38:52 PM »

From the trailer it looks pretty much like Age of Empires 2 with cool 3D graphics. I guess that's pretty good, but I'm not sure if I'd be interested in a rather standard RTS like that.
Anyway, the production quality looks quite outstanding for a free indie game, so I'm certainly looking forward to it Smiley

Think about the possiblities for mods though! After release the game can be expanded in ways never possible with AoE2.

And yeah, this looks great. Adding to my 'watch list'.

["Thread Reader" - Read a thread.]
MorganRamsay
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2009, 04:39:10 PM »

When I was involved with the 0 A.D. project, we were actually approached by Midway who wanted to buy us, but the majority of the team declined, firmly believing in the original promise that 0 A.D. would be freeware. We had a major discussion about the future of Wildfire Games at that point. (I think I still have the summaries somewhere.) Since 2001, over 100 volunteers have been involved with 0 A.D. I remember the core team was quite professional. Several former devleopers have moved into positions at other studios, such as Firaxis, LucasArts, and Telltale. If you can hurry development along, I encourage you to get involved.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic