Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411673 Posts in 69399 Topics- by 58452 Members - Latest Member: homina

May 17, 2024, 05:37:14 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesInsanely Twisted Shadow Planet - New trailer
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet - New trailer  (Read 3263 times)
Melignus
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2009, 10:53:49 AM »

The name might be long but it's in reference to a set of shorts that he made for halloween a few years back, Insanely Twisted Shadow Puppets. You can find it on his website. The blog says that he really enjoyed the style, even calls it his style and when he was approached about the game, decided that was the direction he wanted to go with the visuals.

ITSP is easy enough to say, but I wouldn't change the name!

As for 360 or PC or both, apparently they are having difficulty finding a publisher that will allow them to retain some of the rights to the game after initial distribution, which means to me that it's important for them to be able to make sequels and to release on many platforms. If they had folded to publishers whims earlier in development, they probably would have been locked into an agreement that would have locked them to one platform. A game as good as this one is looking, deserves to be released on as many platforms as possible, though I'm not sure why getting a publisher is as big a deal as it seems to be making out. Would they really be limiting themselves if they were to release the game via their own digital distribution? Is there some precedent where something like that locks you out of releasing on other channels or am I missing something here?

I mean, if they release it via their own system of DD online for PC first and it sells well, are they less likely to get other publishers to allow them to release a port on their platforms? Is there some "if it's released for PC first it's not going to sell many copies on my platform and wont be worth the expense" mentality?
Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2009, 11:35:48 AM »

Maybe Gagné is just used to working with big companies?

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
esc
Level 3

BAM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2009, 01:02:44 AM »

That animation is so fucking slick. Truly world-class.

Kadoba
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2009, 08:22:34 AM »

lolaquaria

Shocked
medieval
« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2009, 02:10:17 PM »

Perhaps one of the reasons that Mr.Gagné is having such a hard time finding a good publisher is because he wants to avoid a Platypus-incident.

Perhaps.
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic