Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411591 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58443 Members - Latest Member: Mansreign

May 07, 2024, 05:52:03 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralNew Prince of Persia in development -- Great Cel-Shaded Look
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Print
Author Topic: New Prince of Persia in development -- Great Cel-Shaded Look  (Read 11110 times)
fish
DOOMERANG
Level 10

cant spell selfish without fish

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: May 08, 2008, 10:43:50 PM »

hey, i said SoT was a good game.
i own it, enjoyed it and think it's a good game.

get of my case.

fuck ubisoft.
fuck em with... lava.

Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 09, 2008, 11:10:00 AM »

hey, i said SoT was a good game.
i own it, enjoyed it and think it's a good game.

get of my case.

fuck ubisoft.
fuck em with... lava.

Scrapping the barrel fish?

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: May 09, 2008, 11:26:40 AM »

shooting in a barrel fish?

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
William Broom
Level 10

formerly chutup

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 10, 2008, 12:41:32 AM »

While we're on the subject of ICO, is there anyone who didn't like it? Because I sure as hell didn't. Glitchy collision detection, washed-out textures, most of the puzzles were difficult due to poorly explained controls... even the 'emotional impact' thing was seriously dampened for me because Yorda was so fucking stupid. I never finished the damn game. Shadow of the Colossus was 10 times better IMO.

mewse
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: May 10, 2008, 12:57:59 AM »

While we're on the subject of ICO, is there anyone who didn't like it? Because I sure as hell didn't. Glitchy collision detection, washed-out textures, most of the puzzles were difficult due to poorly explained controls... even the 'emotional impact' thing was seriously dampened for me because Yorda was so fucking stupid. I never finished the damn game. Shadow of the Colossus was 10 times better IMO.

The controls were glitchy as well.  I could never figure out how they could have made characters running while holding hands feel so natural, but fail so utterly at giving a natural feeling to a single character walking on his own, which ought to have been trivial in comparison.   Huh?

But other than that, the game worked for me in every way, and I really loved it.  I felt that the washed out textures were part of the intentionally bloomy and washed out graphical style.  Smiley
Zaphos
« Reply #65 on: May 10, 2008, 01:00:48 AM »

While we're on the subject of ICO, is there anyone who didn't like it? Because I sure as hell didn't.

I sure as hell didn't.

I hope that answers your question!
Mitchard
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 10, 2008, 02:18:44 AM »

washed-out textures

I think it's possible that you may have missed the point.
Gainsworthy
Level 10

BE ATTITUDE FOR GAINS...

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 10, 2008, 02:36:22 AM »

Speaking of missing the point, what did you work on whilst kept prisoner at Casa du Ubisoft? Or did they make everyone work on tiny portions of the product, unable to see the result?

Almost a shame to hear that Ubisoft is a Monster Haus, though. I quite fancied their games. Had this bizarre concept that EA was the only evil megacorporation on the block. And more recently Majesco, though they weren't exactly mega. Guess I'll avoid too many future purchases. Except if Beyond-Beyond Good and Evil is made.
konjak
Level 4

Bad to the bone.

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 10, 2008, 06:21:41 AM »

While we're on the subject of ICO, is there anyone who didn't like it? ... Shadow of the Colossus was 10 times better IMO.

I found it pretty boring and annoying and didn't play far. Couldn't really see the magic of the game that kept others going.

Shadow of the Colossus was indeed much better, but only for the fights. The barren world was tedious.

I can complain some more!
Corpus
« Reply #69 on: May 10, 2008, 06:26:24 AM »

Yeah, but we all know that you only get your satisfaction from action and boss battles.
konjak
Level 4

Bad to the bone.

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 10, 2008, 06:29:10 AM »

Mostly, yes, but I do love my elaborate stories with messages too. Just not all of them.
Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 10, 2008, 09:27:30 AM »

While we're on the subject of ICO, is there anyone who didn't like it? ... Shadow of the Colossus was 10 times better IMO.

I found it pretty boring and annoying and didn't play far. Couldn't really see the magic of the game that kept others going.

Shadow of the Colossus was indeed much better, but only for the fights. The barren world was tedious.

I can complain some more!

That seems like a problem of short attention span.

I feel that every element in SotC was made with a specific purpose (Agro being handled realistically, the barren landscape, only the colossi to fight, etc). There's been a thread about it already so you could search it and look at the opinions if you're interested.

I might create an Ico discussion thread. Once I get around to finishing the game, that is. Tongue *lazy*

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic