Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411588 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58443 Members - Latest Member: Mansreign

May 06, 2024, 08:40:16 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralMadWorld- Brace yourself, people...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Print
Author Topic: MadWorld- Brace yourself, people...  (Read 13535 times)
Bree
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: May 17, 2008, 06:10:14 AM »

recursive is a recursive is a recursive is a recursive is a meme.

Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo.
Headmade
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 17, 2008, 07:47:52 AM »

This thread makes me infinitely sad. The developers of Okami go bankrupt, reform and produce this. It almost seems to be the ultimate proof that the only way for a professional developer to be successful is by implementing shiploads of violence and over the top nonsense.

*brain implodes forever*  Cry
Mitchard
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 17, 2008, 07:53:44 AM »

This thread makes me infinitely sad. The developers of Okami go bankrupt, reform and produce this. It almost seems to be the ultimate proof that the only way for a professional developer to be successful is by implementing shiploads of violence and over the top nonsense.

Did you not play Godhand or Resident Evil? This seems totally consistent with their previous works.

Not that I mean to get in the way of you raging against those corporate fat cats or anything. That would be severely un-indie of me.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2008, 07:56:54 AM by Mitchard » Logged
Shambrook
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: May 17, 2008, 07:56:46 AM »

Just cause they like doing delicate arty things doesn't mean that sometimes, you don't just want to stab a dude in the eye with a caution sign.
moshboy
Level 8

i am the sick feeling in the pit of your stomach

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: May 17, 2008, 08:50:54 AM »

Just cause they like doing delicate arty things doesn't mean that sometimes, you don't just want to stab a dude in the eye with a caution sign.

I've wanted to do that for such a long time and then this came along. At last I have something I can relate to.

Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 17, 2008, 08:57:24 AM »

The guys that made Okami made God Hand.

God Hand was about absolute craziness and beating people into pulps.

I'm fairly sure they're doing the game like this out of choice and not because it's the only way to make money. Besides, they're making an ultra-violent game for the Wii. They would have just done this for the 360 if they were so worried about money.

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
joshg
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: May 17, 2008, 08:58:50 AM »

Probably won't play this myself, not really big on ultra-violence, but the visual style looks completely awesome.

these are from an actual radio shack in the ghetto
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: May 17, 2008, 09:27:51 AM »

wel TBH the first game doesn't look terribly interesting to me, looks like a mix between Unreal Tournament and mortal combat, with indie  graphics .
Second one looks more appealing but the trailer is too short.

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 17, 2008, 09:41:09 AM »

Bayonetta's girl's also got a corkscrew as a hair doo.

I feel intrigued by it.

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
Headmade
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 17, 2008, 10:19:13 AM »

Did you not play Godhand or Resident Evil? This seems totally consistent with their previous works.

Not that I mean to get in the way of you raging against those corporate fat cats or anything. That would be severely un-indie of me.
I played both actually, but only very briefly so I wasn't aware that clover did those. I guess you're right about the consistency.

I don't mind that there are violent games, I just mind the lack of the delicate arty ones. And I'm saddened when a developer who proofed to be capable of coming up with the later (which is rare) chooses to do the former (which is common). That's all.
Corpus
« Reply #50 on: May 17, 2008, 11:31:13 AM »

Making uncommon games is not the primary concern, though. The whole point is to make good games. Sometimes, that means breaking the mould. Other times, it doesn't. Besides, this game does look pretty unusual.
Xion
Pixelhead
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: May 17, 2008, 11:41:27 AM »

I don't mind that there are violent games, I just mind the lack of the delicate arty ones.
delicate arty violence?

Calanctus
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 17, 2008, 12:27:51 PM »

This game doesn't look anything like a generic gritty sci-fi FPS or action game, so there's no reason to assume it will be anything like a generic gritty sci-fi FPS or action game.

It might be violent, but aesthetically at least it's more original and interesting than most games in the same genre.
Headmade
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 17, 2008, 03:17:06 PM »

Making uncommon games is not the primary concern, though. The whole point is to make good games. Sometimes, that means breaking the mould. Other times, it doesn't. Besides, this game does look pretty unusual.
Yes sure the look is nice (not new though, see http://www.garagegames.com/products/118/), but what makes a game good is mostly the gameplay and that looks suspiciously like "Manhunt" or "The Punisher"to me. Both games are shit.
I'm however the first to admit that the few seconds of gameplay I've seen are not enough to judge the game, but it does look like the killing sequences are predefined and you just trigger them. Time will tell if this game will be any good but I haven't seen anything that would warrant any sort of excitement. Maybe that's just me.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2008, 03:18:41 PM by Tinarg » Logged
Radnom
Level 8

BANNED

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 17, 2008, 03:19:47 PM »

recursive is a recursive is a recursive is a recursive is a meme.

Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo.
Buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo!?  Shocked

Calanctus
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 17, 2008, 03:25:09 PM »

I'm however the first to admit that the few seconds of gameplay I've seen are not enough to judge the game, but it does look like the killing sequences are predefined and you just trigger them.
There is virtually no reason to think this at all. Seriously, why?

Also, originality isn't some kind of binary state, where a game is either 100% original or not. Okay, there's some game that has a similar look. So? That doesn't change the fact that most games don't look this way, nor does it mean that MadWorld is going to look absolutely identical to Vigil.
Bree
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: May 17, 2008, 06:09:31 PM »

If you actually compare screenshots of Vigil and MadWorld, you can see that even though both have similar ideas for their color schemes (black and white plus one extra color), their actual character designs are completely different. The stories also appear to be very different- Vigil seems to be a more serious, dramatic tale, whereas MadWorld is being described by its creators as deliberately over the top and comical.

On a side note, I remember discussing with my friends how awesome a black and white cel-shaded game could be. Now we'll have to see if our other predictions come true. C'mon, Cubist FPS...
Shambrook
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: May 17, 2008, 06:54:16 PM »

On a side note, I remember discussing with my friends how awesome a black and white cel-shaded game could be. Now we'll have to see if our other predictions come true. C'mon, Cubist FPS...

For more black and white cell shaded you should deffintly watch the film Renassiance

If you actually compare screenshots of Vigil and MadWorld, you can see that even though both have similar ideas for their color schemes (black and white plus one extra color), their actual character designs are completely different.
The big bulky charecters and cartoony uber gore are alot simmilair to Frank Millers Sin City comics if ya ask me.
Gainsworthy
Level 10

BE ATTITUDE FOR GAINS...

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 18, 2008, 04:38:03 AM »

Tinarg, in case you missed what ol' Melly said up thar top of the page, God Hand. Made by Clover. Don't know if you've played God Hand. Probably isn't your thing, with all the uh... ball kicking, though you should give it a look-in.

This here MadWorld looks like God Hand: Sin City Edition.

In my eyes, that's just unadulterated awesome.

Yeehaw.
Hideous
That's cool.
Level 10

3D models are the best

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: May 18, 2008, 05:50:39 AM »

This is going in my wii the first day it comes out. Most definetly.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic