Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411595 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58444 Members - Latest Member: FightingFoxGame

May 07, 2024, 04:57:04 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralPerhaps Beyond Good and Evil 2 Maybe?
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Perhaps Beyond Good and Evil 2 Maybe?  (Read 1790 times)
Gainsworthy
Level 10

BE ATTITUDE FOR GAINS...

View Profile
« on: May 18, 2008, 11:30:20 PM »

Don't kill me if I've fallen for a well staged lie, but this seems somewhat legit. I'll wear some kind of signature/mask of shame if I've been tricked. BUT I THINK Beyond Good and Evil 2 IS MAYBE BEING MADE PERHAPS!

So I signed up for this site a while back and kinda forgot about it, and today, I get this email:

BG&E 2 is in our grasp! ( From BGE Revolution)
 10:10 AM (7 hours ago)

This email is for those who have not had the chance to check out the Revolution recently. Great news has come our way: Mr. Ancel himself has told a French gaming magazine that he is in pre-production on BG&E 2, but as of yet the game is not officially green-lighted by Ubisoft. Comrades, now more than ever we need your advertising skills. Check out the Revolution for emails you can send to various Ubisoft people. Spread the word anyway you can; we must help Mr. Ancel!

So, I do some looking around and find:

http://www.jeuxvideo.fr/beyond-good-evil-preproduction-actu-139816.html http://www.bit-tech.net/news/2008/05/15/beyond-good-and-evil-2-confirmed/1

Which makes me go "Hmm..." and then makes any remnants of my brain left unexploded from MadWorld explode. Hence the post!

Although it also says Ubisoft have, as so far, refused to greenlight. Bastards.

But, uh, yeah, regardless. Huzzah!
Jimbob
Level 3

Not a Detective

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2008, 11:40:11 PM »

Yeah, saw this on RockPaperShotgun a few days ago.
I'm holding back on any sort of excitement till I see something like official...

...I'm still waiting for LBA3...

Last release: sync::routine
shinygerbil
Blew Blow (Loved It)
Level 10

GET off your horse

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2008, 02:16:30 AM »

This was a KOTAKU EXCLUSIVE! a couple of days ago.

As documented elsewhere, I recently tried to purchase BG&E through Steam, and found that I couldn't because I live outside the US. So my appreciation of ubisoft is not very high right now.

olücæbelel
Gainsworthy
Level 10

BE ATTITUDE FOR GAINS...

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2008, 02:45:38 AM »

A KOTAKU EXCLUSIVE ey? Maybe I should read up on it a bit more. Or visit. At least I don't have to wear a mask of eternal shame. That's always a positive.

But, wouldn't it be a "JeuxVideo" exclusive, all things considered? Or are we missing a snide dig at Kotaku?

Also, can't purchase over Steam just because of outside You-Ess-Aye Living? Harsh. Got a copy on playstation myself, though. Maybe you should look for a preowned copy? Good game.

Also also, LBA3. Interesting. Never saw a copy of the older ones in any store ever, so, we've never played 1 or 2, only heard about. Recommend I try Ebay?
Sar
Level 3

Likes Violins

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2008, 04:00:50 AM »

But, wouldn't it be a "JeuxVideo" exclusive, all things considered?

They don't count, because they speak French - which as we are all well aware, is a made-up language designed specifically to confuse Englishmen.

And it works oh so well.

Currently working on: Chronicle of Mars
Previous Projects: [Käfer|Tristan and Iseult(TIGS)]
Jimbob
Level 3

Not a Detective

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2008, 04:46:51 AM »

Also also, LBA3. Interesting. Never saw a copy of the older ones in any store ever, so, we've never played 1 or 2, only heard about. Recommend I try Ebay?

I sometimes question it's legality, but they generally do the good thing, so here's both games at Home of the Underdogs:
Little Big Adventure
Little Big Adventure 2

You may need to fiddle with a few patches from the Magicball Network to get things to run (e.g. LbaWin).

I usually think of BG&E as a spiritual successor to LBA2 as they both offer brilliant huge environments to explore with an approach that strays from the usual fantasy/sci-fi path to something more creative. So definitely check em out.

Last release: sync::routine
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2008, 06:13:01 PM »

This isn't really new, I remember hearing about that two month ago. I think Michel Ancel receiving the legion of honnour was probably a decisive factor in these sequels being greenlit.

And here , down there, is something else to get excited about:

MAFIA 2  Kiss
(not really news either)

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic