Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411664 Posts in 69396 Topics- by 58452 Members - Latest Member: Monkey Nuts

May 16, 2024, 05:35:13 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingTrippy Trippy Bad Bad
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Author Topic: Trippy Trippy Bad Bad  (Read 8515 times)
Ancient Account
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 31, 2013, 10:40:22 PM »

Epileptic I... I have been thrilled by its awesomeness.
I worried that you might have stopped working on it as there isn't enough crowd. I'm glad you didn't.

The update is mind-blowing! I'm checking it in a moment. Bosses, bonus levels and what not. Addicted

If this game doesn't become big, I'll hate the world. Seriously, why such an awesome games isn't getting attention?

BTW, you should update some of the screenshots in the original post, as that is the one people will see first.

EDIT!

I can't really complain about this update. This is almost perfect.
And surprisingly, I'm doing better than before.

I'm currently at Level 24, flagged only 7 levels(1, 2, 3, 4, 9, 10, 11), skipped Level 15 & 16 (I'll beat 16 easily, but 15! This level is too hard no matter what, but I bet that you put it in the right place. This also makes the player learn skipping levels, though it should be mentioned that you can skip levels).

I wonder what's inside those bonus levels. I can guess, that red levels is centipede boss, the green next to it is Survival mode and the final one is the 'YAY' level. Though I'll never reach them.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2013, 11:33:52 PM by Blaze06h » Logged
QuadrupleA
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: November 01, 2013, 11:38:18 AM »

Thanks Blaze! You rock.

Just updated the 1st post screenshots, that's a good idea - I have the game in a few places (IndieDB, Tig, and my blog) and got tired of updating each time, but now that the game is "finished" in some form I'll bring those up to date. Wanna get a few people's feedback before I promote it wider, just in case I missed something stupid.

I tried making 15 a little easier based on your feedback - there's less ant sacks now - but it gets messy if you shoot too many of them - the trick I use is to shoot the ones against the wall and not any others, then you can sneak by.

You predicted the menu levels correctly Smiley

Interested to hear what you think of the bonus levels if you get there - I didn't have time to explore their mechanics as much as the main levels, but hopefully they provide something fun & different for a quick diversion.

Weapon Hacker - roguelite metroidvania;
Battleship Solitaire - mindless podcast companion
Ancient Account
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 02, 2013, 03:30:58 AM »

Thanks Blaze! You rock.
Thanks, if you think so.

Just updated the 1st post screenshots, that's a good idea - I have the game in a few places (IndieDB, Tig, and my blog) and got tired of updating each time, but now that the game is "finished" in some form I'll bring those up to date. Wanna get a few people's feedback before I promote it wider, just in case I missed something stupid.
I saw it on both of the other places. I still wonder why people aren't commenting on it when they have commented on 'LPWA'. Who knows?

I tried making 15 a little easier based on your feedback - there's less ant sacks now - but it gets messy if you shoot too many of them - the trick I use is to shoot the ones against the wall and not any others, then you can sneak by.
I noticed it. That's why it looked like there are more spaces between the sacks. I guess, I didn't have a good strategy to beat it. Every level has one or two. Will try your strategy.
Edit: It worked. Made the level so easy.

1. You predicted the menu levels correctly Smiley

2. Interested to hear what you think of the bonus levels if you get there - I didn't have time to explore their mechanics as much as the main levels, but hopefully they provide something fun & different for a quick diversion.
1. Corny Laugh

2. I like min-games, bonus levels and all that. Only 3 more levels to flag or perfect, or whatever it's called. Edit: Unlocked it! Seriously, what an brilliant idea! Just love it!

And guess what, I'm at the level before the boss! Grin

BTW, I have a small request, can you make a fullscreen option? My resolution is 1366x768. I can't see the ammo and the lower portion of the window. Sad
« Last Edit: November 02, 2013, 04:14:53 AM by Blaze06h » Logged
QuadrupleA
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: November 02, 2013, 12:39:47 PM »

I saw it on both of the other places. I still wonder why people aren't commenting on it when they have commented on 'LPWA'. Who knows?
Yeah, not sure either. Haven't updated IndieDB yet so screenshots there are not as colorful. I know the number of "visits" dropped off pretty quick after the initial posting there, so that's probbaly a big factor. The first wave of people got the uber-challenging V2. But who knows, maybe the game's just not that good Smiley. Indie development is getting really tough and competitive these days, so many devs are jumping in hoping to make it big. You gotta make something amazing to even get noticed. 

2. I like min-games, bonus levels and all that. Only 3 more levels to flag or perfect, or whatever it's called. Edit: Unlocked it! Seriously, what an brilliant idea! Just love it!

And guess what, I'm at the level before the boss! Grin

BTW, I have a small request, can you make a fullscreen option? My resolution is 1366x768. I can't see the ammo and the lower portion of the window. Sad
Nice!

Yeah, I think I'll add some display options. Don't have that built in the engine yet, and was hoping 720p would be universal enough, but I really should.

I had a friend playtest it too, and have a lot of little usability improvements and stuff to add - keyboard hints, level rearrangements, some more music variation, etc. I'm gonna take a break for a few days on this game, but hopefully can wrap those up in the next week or two.

Ancient Account
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 03, 2013, 06:37:16 AM »

Yeah, not sure either. Haven't updated IndieDB yet so screenshots there are not as colorful. I know the number of "visits" dropped off pretty quick after the initial posting there, so that's probbaly a big factor. The first wave of people got the uber-challenging V2. But who knows, maybe the game's just not that good Smiley. Indie development is getting really tough and competitive these days, so many devs are jumping in hoping to make it big. You gotta make something amazing to even get noticed.
True...

Yeah, I think I'll add some display options. Don't have that built in the engine yet, and was hoping 720p would be universal enough, but I really should.

I had a friend playtest it too, and have a lot of little usability improvements and stuff to add - keyboard hints, level rearrangements, some more music variation, etc. I'm gonna take a break for a few days on this game, but hopefully can wrap those up in the next week or two.
No problem, take a break if you need to. Smiley

The problem is actually with windowed mode.
The task bar covers the lower portion of the window.

Edit: Also, for naming your game, why not use this? Most of the time you'd get weird suggestions though.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2013, 02:14:18 AM by Blaze06h » Logged
QuadrupleA
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: November 05, 2013, 03:47:04 PM »

What about "Psychedelic Pest Control"? An idea from a friend...

I saw that name clinic thread, looked like it was not too busy - I'll give it a shot though.

Ancient Account
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 06, 2013, 01:06:52 AM »

What about "Psychedelic Pest Control"? An idea from a friend...
Not bad.
QuadrupleA
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: December 09, 2013, 05:29:21 PM »

OK, had some time to finish this one off (I think Smiley ). Got some niceties and polish in there for this revision. V5 is downloadable from the blog:

http://www.quadruplea.com/3/post/2013/11/trippy-trippy-bad-bad.html

Here's what's new:

* Screen settings popup, with optional fullscreen mode and resolution selection
 * A 2nd background music track from level 15 onward, and SNES-style bonus level music
 * Key controls are onscreen now, in places where new mechanics are introduced
 * Bonus level unlock criteria is a lot clearer in the level menu
 * Tons of little level tweaks and difficulty stuff
 * More visible aim cursor
 * More visible level titles
 * A quit option from the level menu, with snarky prompts
 * "New best" indicator when bettering level times

For those who check it out, would love to hear any feedback (even if you think it sucks). Will help me gain some knowledge for future projects.

Prads
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 09, 2013, 10:52:35 PM »

O-M-G! I love this game! nuff said...

Ancient Account
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 10, 2013, 05:06:16 AM »

O-M-G! I love this game! nuff said...