Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411573 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58444 Members - Latest Member: darkcitien

May 04, 2024, 03:02:26 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread
Pages: 1 ... 286 287 [288] 289 290 ... 602
Print
Author Topic: The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread  (Read 1955507 times)
wademcgillis
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5740 on: October 29, 2012, 08:54:22 AM »

Hello
caroM
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #5741 on: October 29, 2012, 09:19:59 AM »

Yo~
I'm Marco, an indie game developer wannabe from Italy
Shine Klevit
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5742 on: October 29, 2012, 12:49:56 PM »

Hello, I'm Shine Klevit, and I have been interested in working on games for quite some time and have a project which I'm hoping to complete by the end of next year, and have just started on. This is the first time I've tried to reach out to a gaming community, however, and am happy to connect with people who have also been drawn into this very soul sucking yet somehow fulfilling pursuit of amateur game design.
Code_Assassin
Level 5

freedom

View Profile
« Reply #5743 on: October 29, 2012, 02:38:26 PM »

13 year old novice programmer who makes games as a hobby. Love designing and making games - although I suck at art Tongue

Hoping I can gain more experience and learn more about creating games from this forum.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2012, 02:50:45 PM by Code_Assassin » Logged
Leon Fook
Level 5

Ohh hi, or something like that.

View Profile
« Reply #5744 on: October 30, 2012, 07:23:53 AM »

wokay, i'm new here, so let's me do the you-know-what

my name is leonelc(not real name), and i live and grow up in a country called Malaysia.
currently taking the advanced diploma in multimedia design. not really a course about game, but i learn to make game by myself. haven't finished a single game though, most of the game i did(haven't finish) went right into the graveyard due to immature thinking of mine. Facepalm

found tigsource through indiegames.com, found indiegames.com through  Cave Story, and found  Cave Story through rtnario's remix,  Cave Story war.

recently doing a game project, but still a secret though.  Undecided
here's my intro. yeah that's me.  Panda

ToddersLegrande
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5745 on: October 30, 2012, 11:54:52 AM »

I am the Todders, Creator of Code.

By day I do web development on a certain Microsoft platform that shall remain nameless but by night and occasionally on the weekends I dabble in game development. I would probably best classify myself as a tinkerer as I often put together proof of concepts using various technologies but never get close to completing anything. It is my curse and I have learned to accept this but my interest in game development remains high.

My tinkering mostly includes using technologies such as C#/XNA, UnrealScript/UDK, and Unity3D. I have dabbled with Android development, lower level graphics programming with OpenGL and DirectX, HTML 5 Canvas / JavaScript, and even PHP web based game programming.

Outside of gaming I love movies, music (I play guitar), hanging out with friends, long walks on the beach, and candle lit dinners.
TheRick
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5746 on: October 30, 2012, 03:10:28 PM »

Salutations.

I'm some random guy who's been doing programming stuff for about 4 years now.  Previously I worked as a UE3 licensee developing a VR product.  Currently I'm working on an independent game by myself.  The majority of work I've done thus far has been in C++.

I've been gaming since before I can remember, somewhere around age 3 or 4.  Video games are my passion, be it playing or creating them.  I have interest in future technologies as well, but we aren't quite there yet.

Video games aside, I enjoy playing video games.
Thaon
Level 0

while(!succeed){try()};

View Profile
« Reply #5747 on: October 31, 2012, 01:49:00 PM »

Hello everybody!!!
The name's Gabriele, my story goes like this:
As many of you, I started playing games on my dad's 486 dos pc and I just loved it, the first game I can recall was Dangerous Dave from the to be born ID software and from them I just loved games, all of them... with some exceptions obviously...  Roll Eyes
as soon as I could build a pc whit the pieces my dad didn't needed anymore I started programming on that (and eventually newer) pc.  Smiley
Nowadays I'm just an indie programmer, after more than 10 years, but being born in Italy I couldn't just find the people to do things with, so I left, I'm in Scotland now and I hope, no, I'm sure, that in this community I can find game developing enthusiasts as artist, musicians and so on...
So here I am, see ya the next post  Gentleman
schoenepauck
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5748 on: October 31, 2012, 02:57:40 PM »

Hi!
My name is Jan Schoenepauck. I am a designer/developer from Muenster, Germany. I'm working as a freelance graphic designer, web designer and programmer, animation and motion graphics artist. There has been the occasional game design job among my projects, too: mostly flash ad-games. And recently I started work on a somewhat larger personal game project targeted at iOS devices. I'll probably create a dev log on these forums for that in the near future.

My first experience with game development dates back to the 80s when I learned programming as a kid on a Sinclair ZX Spectrum home computer (though even more than writing games I played them. Still do.) Since then I moved through quite a few programming languages: Basic, Turbo Pascal, X86 Assembler, C. Nowadays I use Flash/Actionscript for development.

sigfarter
Level 7

卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐

View Profile
« Reply #5749 on: October 31, 2012, 03:05:31 PM »

hey guys i'm a fagot
Dr. Cooldude
« Reply #5750 on: October 31, 2012, 05:17:29 PM »

hey guys i'm a fagot
hey fagot welcom to tigforms
alto
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5751 on: October 31, 2012, 10:52:48 PM »

hey guys i'm a fagot

you are a scumbag/sleazeball
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5752 on: November 01, 2012, 07:29:43 AM »

hey guys i'm a fagot

you are a scumbag/sleazeball
homophobe

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
alect
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5753 on: November 01, 2012, 12:48:10 PM »

Hello! My name is Alec Thomson and I'm a programmer, designer, and student located in Boston, MA.

I've been making games since I first learned to program LOGO a while ago, and making games tends to be what I do in my spare time.

Most of my finished games and prototypes are viewable on my website, www.alecthomson.com.

alto
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5754 on: November 01, 2012, 04:07:12 PM »

not that there's anything wrong with that
Poesghost
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5755 on: November 01, 2012, 05:07:58 PM »

Hello my name is Richard Forbes, it wasn't until today that I found this site and forums. My passion for game development began when I was 12 and got my hands on an Atari, my first game played on it was Pitfall. After that I knew what I wanted to do in life. I began learning BASIC, then QBASIC, C, C++, C# and now Java. I don't consider myself to be the best programmer, there's always new things to learn and different ways to solve problems. I didn't get the rest of the tools needed until I attended college and my major was in Simulation and Game Development, where I maintained a 4.0 GPA <-- (I'm very proud of this accomplishment since I barely made it through high school). I really pushed myself hard, probably because I was paying for it all out of my pocket.

In October of 2010 I had enough money saved up and secured some more money from private investors so I resigned from my job and opened my studio. I've been at it ever since. My first title, called Ninjay was supposed to come out for the Xbox 360. It was my first semesters college projects and the instructor gave us one week to make a complete working game, from concept to completion. When I presented my game in front of the class, my instructor loved the concept, though not entirely original, but she loved the story and wanted to one day see this become a full game. That's how I decided that would be the first game I make and get it published. It was almost finished for the Xbox 360, when I decided to port it for the Android platform. I now consider myself a indie game developer, devoted entirely to the mobile platforms. I didn't have a understanding of Java, it wasn't a language taught in college. Nor did I understand the Android SDK or API's. I just dove right in and in about four months had the framework written and game ported, though there were a few things I had to leave out.

I launched my first game in November of 2011. It was a really trying time, it seemed the closer I got to completing it, the heavier the burden got. Aside from things happening in my personal life, such as my father passing away and other things, when that game got published it was like, the world was lifted off my shoulders.

Now my studio has one person employed that I work with, a graphics artist, Jonathan Pigford. I think doing the first game by myself took a lot out of me and I didn't want to go through that again, alone. The studio mainly stays operational through client work, and freelance. While we struggle to find time to work on games. It was a few weeks ago, we decided to take a few weeks to work on our next game. A concept though not original was grand in scope. And any indie game developer knows this is a tough thing when faced with a project this big. We re-used most of the framework from the first title and threw in a few more API's into the pot. Last week, we launched our second title, Proxy Monsters on the Google Play Store in Alpha phase to see if we could generate enough support so we won't have to do freelance or find more clients. I'll talk about that later in a different thread.

I take a lot of pride in what I do and so should any indie game developer. We can't give up.

Thanks for giving me the chance to share. I look forward to becoming a part of this community and helping or contributing in any way I can.

Best of luck to you all!

Sincerely,
Richard Forbes
ludist
Level 0

PEW PEW PEW!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5756 on: November 02, 2012, 05:12:12 AM »

Hi. I'm Tommy Rousse, and I'm a(n American) Games Analysis student at IT University of Copenhagen. The analysis track is basically game studies, and I didn't really figure I'd ever have much to do with game design or development, but we had to make a game our first semester.  My group (Jonas Maaloe, Jonatan Van Hove, Mads Johansen) and I made LAZA KNITEZ!! a minimalist local multiplayer game that turned out to be really fun, in my humble opinion. I've been working on stuff at game jams and doing a lot of non-coding stuff for LAZA KNITEZ!!

I like to design sounds, mostly from open source stuff and things I record. I designed the pentatonic sound scale for LAZA KNITEZ!! and recorded all of the sounds for our recent game jam project "Don't Hose Me Bro".  See it here: http://jamit2012.herokuapp.com/submissions/17-don-t-hose-me-bro

I really like arcade cabinets and videogame history. I'm going to build a LAZA KNITEZ!! cabinet when I'm back in the U.S. this winter (the parts are sitting in my garage waiting for my return).  I think the new arcade/bar joints in the U.S. are really promising and an unexplored venue for indie games. I don't really know anything about marketing or business, but I like to learn and I'm pretty good at doing research.

I also write game criticism occasionally (usually for Kill Screen, though not much lately 'cause I gotta apply to grad school).

Earlier this year, I founded a student organization for game development and play at ITU-- our website is under construction, but the results of our first game jam are up at jamitu.tk

I lurk on the boards a lot to get inspiration and keep up with bad ass projects; hopefully I'll be able to post a little more.

Raskous
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5757 on: November 02, 2012, 08:09:19 AM »

Hi,

I'm Pascal, I'm one of the three guys working at Brain Slap Studio in Lyon (France). After working a few years in an average sized studio as a Level Designer I decided to go indie with two friends (and colleagues) to make games on our own. I'm currently working on level/Game design and 2D/3D art.
OlderMan
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5758 on: November 02, 2012, 10:07:52 AM »

Hi I'm Charles and I run OlderBytes in my basement  Smiley

I'm located in Paris, france but frequently visit the countryside. Where it is cold but quieter.
ddthegreat
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5759 on: November 02, 2012, 09:14:49 PM »

Hi,
My name is Daniel and I am a student at the University of Michigan. I started to program a year ago and I realized that it was what I wanted to do for the rest of my life.  I have always enjoyed playing video games and it wasn't long before I started making games myself.  I have recently joined a two man team to release a game called Zaboodles. This is a visually stunning fast-paced, arcade style game that is a lot of fun to play and a blast to create.

I'm happy to be here and hope you check out my game

Cheers Beer!
« Last Edit: November 03, 2012, 12:51:33 PM by ddthegreat » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 286 287 [288] 289 290 ... 602
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic