Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411588 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58443 Members - Latest Member: Mansreign

May 06, 2024, 06:08:54 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsCollaborationsLooking for a programmer to make a two man team
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Looking for a programmer to make a two man team  (Read 550 times)
EdenAeternum
Level 0

View Profile
« on: August 18, 2017, 07:30:45 AM »

My name is EdenAeternum. Some of you might recognize me from my posts on here. For those of you who do not, I'm making a Stardew Valley inspired game but with more combat and dungeon elements to it. To be clear, we're not copying the formula for my game. I would greatly encourage you to go flip through my posts on the project as I've really broken down the elements to make a clear picture of expectations.

What I need is someone who is motivated. I can't express that last one enough. I've worked on two projects with two different programmers and both felt like nightmares. I'm hoping you can squeeze in about 20 hours a week, but hey- we're human. It might be 15 some weeks, it may only be 10. As long as you're working and we're communicating to each other, that's the important thing. I'm really easy to work with and I will seek your feedback fairly regularly. Whilst I have my own idea and image as to how the game will run, you too have a voice and I would love to hear your ideas.

I'm not going to ride you very hard on how you program. So long as it is detailed and as bug free as you can make it (obviously glitches are going to come and go) I'm giving you a blank canvas. I'm pushing to publish for Steam, but if you want to consider porting it to consoles that certainly never hurts.

I have several resources right now, plenty of sound effects and art images. I believe I can handle the music as well but we'll get to that at a later point. Profits are split 50/50. This game is 50% technical, and 50% visual/audio. It seems fair to me that you get your cut and I get mine since the game is useless without either. This will probably take a good two-three years so please be committed. I won't hound you for updates unless you've gone rogue for months as I want to respect your time. I will probably send you weekly updates (maybe sooner, maybe later depending on what we're working on at that time) so we can plan together about what works and what doesn't.

If any of this appeals to you, drop me a message here or an email at [email protected]. I will warn you I forget to check that email fairly often so here might work best but I'll make an effort. Check out my posts on Infinite Odyssey if you want a detailed explanation of the game, and when you message me tell me about your experience and more importantly- tell me about yourself. If this is going to take time, it's important that we can work well together.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic