Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411581 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58445 Members - Latest Member: Mansreign

May 05, 2024, 07:03:46 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperAudioContinuous Play Studios - Music for your games
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Continuous Play Studios - Music for your games  (Read 2370 times)
Havok
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« on: July 24, 2009, 10:23:27 AM »

Hey all!

I've really enjoyed being a part of this community for the past couple weeks and finally decided I'd make an "official" post offering my audio services to those who would like to add some sonic impact to your game. My specialty is music and my site has a number of demos to that nature but I am also getting my feet wet in the sound effects/design department and would also love to take on any projects with that requirement. I am capable of a range of musical styles, as indicated on my site, from orchestral (Tracks: Another, One, For Glory), to electronic (Combustion, Black Crash), to quirky and fun pieces (Around Town, Diversion, Roy and Gary). I am also always exploring new styles and genres so feel free to ask me for something different.

I just completed the soundtrack and SFX for a game entered in the DreamBuildPlay competition and in the next few weeks I have openings for more projects so please drop me a line if you are looking for audio. You may be wondering how much I charge. Well, that generally ranges from free to one million dollars depending on distribution, budget, and what I feel like that day. No project is too unexciting for me, I love them all!

Check out Continuous Play Studios and drop me an email. You are more than free to leave any good and bad comments here too. I will periodically update this post with info on more tracks, projects, and other wisdom.

I love audio: Engineering, Sound Design, Composition
Havok
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2009, 01:08:11 AM »

I recently uploaded a new track to my playlist titled "Evening Sun". It's more of a downtempo feel and is one I am quite happy with. Initially it was meant simply as a way to experiment with some new sounds that I had purchased and it grew from there. Hope you enjoy it.

In other news I've done a few quick tracks, and will be working on more, for Worst Robot which let me unleash my quirky side.

hyperduck
Level 10

Music and Noises

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2009, 04:20:38 PM »

I completed work for a DBP entry too :D what was the entry you worked on?

Really enjoyed Evening Sun, the percussive elements are excellent. Really impressive work.

Havok
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2009, 08:55:26 PM »

I completed work for a DBP entry too :D what was the entry you worked on?

Really enjoyed Evening Sun, the percussive elements are excellent. Really impressive work.

I worked on an entry entitled Molecule which was a puzzle game of a scientific nature. It really extended my musical capabilities as it was the first time I had seriously worked with electronic music considering my current course of higher education is all classically oriented.

I'm glad you enjoyed Evening Sun. I am particularly happy with that track and glad I'm not the only one!

hyperduck
Level 10

Music and Noises

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2009, 04:11:26 AM »

All your other materials I must say are also of a stellar quality, keep up the great work and I hope your DBP entry see's its deserved recognition with such good music in it. I really do.

Havok
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2009, 09:48:40 AM »

Thanks a ton!

Relix
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2009, 08:59:57 AM »

Negatives first:
I don't really like the flash based site, with slower computers, it's pain to load it.

Then the positives:
Really awesome tracks, it's clear that you enjoyed while making them.

Have you ever tried doing epic techno tracks?

I would ask you to help with my project, but I feel that my game is not worthy for your music...

Craig Stern
Level 10

I'm not actually all that stern.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2009, 10:16:21 AM »

This guy here did a fabulous job scoring Ham Sandwich RPG. He's very agreeable and easy to work with, too. I highly recommend his services! Gentleman

Havok
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2009, 04:06:27 PM »

Woah. I can't believe I missed the recent posts!

Quote from: Relix
Negatives first:
I don't really like the flash based site, with slower computers, it's pain to load it.

Then the positives:
Really awesome tracks, it's clear that you enjoyed while making them.

Have you ever tried doing epic techno tracks?

I would ask you to help with my project, but I feel that my game is not worthy for your music...

Thanks for the feedback. How many developers are using slower computers? I see the concern but am not sure if it plays out in real life. I'm glad you enjoyed the tracks and yes, I love making music! If you want some help please DO ask for help. I'm willing to take a look at any project that comes my way.

Epic techno...there's an idea.

Quote from: Craig Stern
This guy here did a fabulous job scoring Ham Sandwich RPG. He's very agreeable and easy to work with, too. I highly recommend his services!

Thanks Craig! I loved working on that project and you might have noticed I put a little medley up on my site of the music from Ham Sandwich.

FURTHER NEWS
I just finished an arrangement of the hymn "And Can It Be" for a church's radio program that will be aired regularly. They required intro and outro music for both ends of the program with some areas quieter than others for announcers to speak over. It was a fun project and stretched some of my skills a little further. For those interested in listening it is now the first track on my website.

I've also just picked up another project which I am very excited about that will feature an orchestral soundtrack. I don't know if I can reveal it yet but stay tuned...you'll love it!

Relix
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2009, 12:18:50 AM »

How many developers are using slower computers? I see the concern but am not sure if it plays out in real life.

Prolly not many, but those who still live five years behind have problems with flash sites, but it helps that it's just one page, not multiple downloads in session.

If you want some help please DO ask for help. I'm willing to take a look at any project that comes my way.

I might, at the moment the project is still pretty bare bones though (you can see it at the Devlogs section -> here).

If you get any kind inspiration from that, I'd gladly hear it.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2009, 07:25:42 AM by Relix » Logged

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic