Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411582 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58445 Members - Latest Member: Mansreign

May 05, 2024, 11:48:58 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperAudioIndie Music Cancer Drive Searching for Musicians
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Indie Music Cancer Drive Searching for Musicians  (Read 2691 times)
soundofjw
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« on: September 15, 2009, 11:29:37 PM »

Beer! Beer! Beer! Beer! Beer! Beer! Beer! Beer!

That special time of the year has returned when we're looking for artists for our 2010 INDIE MUSIC CANCER DRIVE (the one that raised $5,000 last year!).

To answer the question why should I be interested?

- Cancer is bad, and you want to be good! You'll have direct involvement in BEATING UP THE BAD GUY

- Your music will be distributed on iTunes, Amazon, LALA, Napster, Rhapsody, Amie Street, Pandora... did I get my point across yet? EXPOSURE.

- It looks EXCELLENT ON A RESUME or BIOGRAPHY.

- Fans of several artists will criss-cross. Fancy fancy! What's that, more EXPOSURE? Last year, the composers for 2D BOY, INFINITE AMMO, and BIT BLOT were directly involved - as were particularly successful OCREMIX.ORG remixers MUSTIN, ANTHONY LOFTON, and BIGGIANTCIRCLES. We even had some of our very own TIGSOURCE peeps hanging out. (:

- Cancer is bad! amirite?

Okay, enough. READ THIS PAGE FOR MORE INFORMATION ON APPLYING - and then EMAIL ME at josh AT jwmusic DOT org. Get involved. Make Music. Beat Cancer.

or BECOME A FAN ON FACEBOOK.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2009, 07:08:38 AM by TwiTerror » Logged

hi
J.W. Hendricks
Freeware Ninja
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2009, 03:45:43 PM »

I'm doing this again. This time I'll make mine not suck.

The artist formally known as "Javet."
Craig Stern
Level 10

I'm not actually all that stern.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2009, 07:41:28 PM »

Two questions:

1) What kind of music are you looking for?

2) Must it be exclusive to the CD (e.g. if I compose something and I decide I really like it, would I be allowed to re-use it in a game)?

soundofjw
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2009, 07:55:13 AM »

Two questions:

1) What kind of music are you looking for?

2) Must it be exclusive to the CD (e.g. if I compose something and I decide I really like it, would I be allowed to re-use it in a game)?

1) Every genre is welcome. Listen to last year's albums for examples of that.
2) You retain ownership of your music - HOWEVER, we do ask that you do not release your track until the deadline is passed, the point is to raise money for the fundraiser, so this should be pretty straightforward.

hi
Mipe
Level 10

Migrating to imagination.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2009, 08:10:39 AM »

I play games like Overlord and Dwarf Fortress. I beat good guys by default.  Cool

Nah, just kidding. Bag that crab good!  Grin Hand Thumbs Up Right
Craig Stern
Level 10

I'm not actually all that stern.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2009, 10:00:05 AM »

2) You retain ownership of your music - HOWEVER, we do ask that you do not release your track until the deadline is passed, the point is to raise money for the fundraiser, so this should be pretty straightforward.

Sounds reasonable. Smiley I'll see if I can cook something up!

hyperduck
Level 10

Music and Noises

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2009, 11:51:42 AM »

I'd like to do a collaboration with somebody for this. If anybody is willing to work with me let me know ^^ I'm kinda swamped so bringing an initial idea to the table is hard atm. But i really admire this and I want to be a part of it somehow, it's a valiant act to pursue.

Alec
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2009, 12:21:42 PM »

I'd like to do a collaboration with somebody for this. If anybody is willing to work with me let me know ^^ I'm kinda swamped so bringing an initial idea to the table is hard atm. But i really admire this and I want to be a part of it somehow, it's a valiant act to pursue.

I'd probably be down for a collab! Smiley

soundofjw
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2009, 01:24:40 PM »

I'd be so down with that I'd WTF

Just keep in touch with me about it, I'll be making official announcements and I need to know who is for sure on this by November.

hi
hyperduck
Level 10

Music and Noises

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2009, 03:47:06 PM »

I'm game to collab then Smiley hit me up whenever! The sooner the better, mind, though that prob goes without saying due to the deadline being.. when is the deadline? (goes and checks)

C418
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2009, 11:56:14 AM »

...I don't get it. Whats with the money? Why do I have to pay for something I make for free? I mean, taken that my song would be good enough, I don't need expousre or CD's. I'd just do it because it would be fun.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2009, 12:02:30 PM by C418 » Logged

Alec
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2009, 01:59:00 PM »

...I don't get it. Whats with the money? Why do I have to pay for something I make for free? I mean, taken that my song would be good enough, I don't need expousre or CD's. I'd just do it because it would be fun.

What are you talking about?  WTF

This = you write music to put on a CD, people buy it and the money goes to cancer research...
« Last Edit: September 25, 2009, 02:02:13 PM by Alec » Logged

C418
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2009, 01:23:05 AM »

Yeah, but did you see that page where we put the music on? It has two options to submit a song. Both are woth 5 dollars. Someone explain it to me.

pgil
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2009, 03:26:41 AM »

That "what's with the fees?" link didn't explain it well enough?

I'm guessing the $5 goes directly to the cancer drive, or into producing the CD.
soundofjw
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2009, 07:07:48 AM »

Yeah, but did you see that page where we put the music on? It has two options to submit a song. Both are woth 5 dollars. Someone explain it to me.

Heya!

I need to clarify this as this changed somewhat from last year.

I put a listing up on Sonicbids, and it allows me to connect with a much MUCH larger amount of musicians who are serious about being on the compilation. As a tigsource musician if you are interested in doing this PLEASE PRIVATE MESSAGE ME or EMAIL ME (josh AT jwmusic DOT org).

But anyway, the costs from the submission fee go into making the CDs, promotion, etc - which turns into higherincome donations/income. (:

Josh

hi
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic